The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lorebooks Addon out of date - anyone thinking of doing an updated version?

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
The Lorebooks addon took ages to get the lorebooks from Greymoor and Markarth, and now it's been months and still no updates from Blackwood - nor have some older books been updated either. (like the Adventurers Compendium Vol. 2 that moved from the starter town docks to the starter town Fighters Guild).

Does anybody know what's happening there, or if this is ever likely to receive an update again?

Or if the original owner is retired, is anyone else interested in taking it on, or making up an alternative?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use MapPins
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use MapPins. As far as I know it is not showing me either (a) lorebooks or (b) eidetic memory books. If it is, then it is also not updated for Blackwood.

Can you explain just how your advice "use MapPins" is likely to be useful in this context? As in, is there a precise exact sequence of steps I can take, to make it show lorebooks on the map, starting from "I have both MapPins and LoreBooks installed, and nothing is showing me the lorebooks and eidetic-memory books of Blackwood"?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that Map Pins is showing undiscovered lore books in Blackwood. Do you have them turned on in the map filter? I can't give a step-by-step because I am not in front of the game, but there is a filter tab to the right of the map. In that list will be a little book icon and something like "Lore books"... if that is checked, I would think they should show up.

I would remove/disable the Lorebooks addon just to make sure it is not conflicting in some manner.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MapPins does show lore books, but it does NOT show the thing I want it to show, which is undiscovered eidetic memory books - even with eidetic memory unlocked.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    MapPins does show lore books, but it does NOT show the thing I want it to show, which is undiscovered eidetic memory books - even with eidetic memory unlocked.

Ahh. Missed that nuance. My mistake.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addons need the data! The data is not always given at once. The community needs to play and find it and save it and then populate it via the addon. You can support the addon devs by collecting this data afaik so it will be quicker.
    Check the addon's description page for further details how to support and collect and provide the data to the dev. Maybe it's automatic via ingame mails (it was in the past I think but the dev needs to enable this with an update to the addon so users auto-collect the data and send it to him).
    Maybe the dev is missing in action and thus no collection of data is currently possible, and thus no new data was added.
    Edited by Baertram on October 31, 2021 3:44AM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Blackwood has been out for months now, there should have been plenty of time for the Blackwood data to get into it. I wonder what's happened to the original author, and if he actually wants to retire, if it's possible for a mod to transfer ownership so that someone else can take up the mantle - if anybody else wants to? I lack the capabilities myself but was wondering what the general status was...