The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deathmatch only complaints

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
For all you people making complaints about deathmatch only. Deathmatch only isn't the problem. This is a smart move by @Zos . Its most popular for a reason.

The problem a lot of you are now facing. Isn't the game mode.
With less things able to distract you or alternate ways to win. The unbalance in the game is more noticeable and the poor performance is more noticeable.
You aren't able to distract with things like objectives. Or win even though your build is bad or you do low damage.

So here is some genuine advice for all you people struggling and having a bad time.
If your damage is low and you aren't getting kills. Try playing a healer. You will win matches way more often when you play a support role.
If your damage is high and you get kills but you die alot yourself, get a buddy to heal you.
Teamwork makes the dream work.

Don't get me wrong there are still issues. It just helps to play something useful.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smart move? It is still just a "test" and the other modes will be back.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »

Be honest really.

The only reason they would have for doing this. Is they are considering making it permanent and they want to see how people will respond.

There is no other logical reason to make a change like that.
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »

Be honest really.

The only reason they would have for doing this. Is they are considering making it permanent and they want to see how people will respond.

If that happens, I will be moving on to another game Tuesday. Another lost sub.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    DM only was a bad idea, and it's good to see the ones that are playing it complaining about it. I already had the new game on pre-order, now i have more time to focus on it instead of ESO.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be honest really.

No, they won't delete most of BGs lol.

They might add a separate DM queue depending on the test results.
    PS | EU
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't notice more unbalance. Games have been good, at times fought to standstill and just ended one with 500/490/3xx.

Break free works much better on my enemies and while DA is still there it's far less a problem since there is no objective area where people would stack multiple AoEs (which I suspect is the cause of most lags).

Had plenty of fun today even though I perform much better in other modes.
    Edited by moo_2021 on September 26, 2021 8:23PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've come back a little bit to play during this test. BGs were always my primary activity, but I just got sick of playing modes it didn't like and eventually unsubbed. Now that I've returned for death match only, I can honestly say I've enjoyed every single BG I've played. Certainly a huge improvement. While I don't think deathmatch only is a good permanent solution, I find it to be a vast improvement over having a random distribution of modes in matchmaking.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • KashyyyK240
    KashyyyK240
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I wouldn't mind if they made SOLO QUEUE Deathmatch only and bunch all the other modes +Deathmatch into GROUP QUEUE. Most of the battleground community queues for group matches anyway, either for a quicker queue time or because they still don't know that the default queue was GROUP instead of SOLO.
  • EndOfGreen
    Yes, DM is not the only problem. Other more problems are:
    • Imbalanced players distribution in teams: there should be no cases when all the players of one of the teams end up with ZERO kills. Are those people stupid and can't play the game? No, but the answer is in the next bullets
    • Imbalanced skills or / and a combination of skills
    • Imbalanced sets (especially new ones like DC)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I wouldn't mind if they made SOLO QUEUE Deathmatch only and bunch all the other modes +Deathmatch into GROUP QUEUE. Most of the battleground community queues for group matches anyway, either for a quicker queue time or because they still don't know that the default queue was GROUP instead of SOLO.

I avoid the group queue like the plague. It is and always has been awful. I like the random nature of the solo queue in regards to team composition. Far more enjoyable, so yeah, all for making this the Deathmatch only queue after these tests.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make solo queue default queue, and group deathmatch queue. Optional: Add group objectives queue.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all you people making complaints about deathmatch only. Deathmatch only isn't the problem. This is a smart move by @Zos . Its most popular for a reason.

The problem a lot of you are now facing. Isn't the game mode.
    With less things able to distract you or alternate ways to win. The unbalance in the game is more noticeable and the poor performance is more noticeable.
    You aren't able to distract with things like objectives. Or win even though your build is bad or you do low damage.

So here is some genuine advice for all you people struggling and having a bad time.
    If your damage is low and you aren't getting kills. Try playing a healer. You will win matches way more often when you play a support role.
    If your damage is high and you get kills but you die alot yourself, get a buddy to heal you.
    Teamwork makes the dream work.

Don't get me wrong there are still issues. It just helps to play something useful.

This isn't about skill its about variety. I like DM and do well in it, but fragging each over over and over and over and over and over and over and over is dull as freck. Prior to this nonsense I loved rotating between BG types including DM.