The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Silent halls Instance crash bug.

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
I just got on to do my usual activities (just about anything PvE wise.) and as soon as the silent halls loaded, the game stuttered, black-screened and crashed to my Dashboard.

Platform: Xbox Series X
NA Megaserver.
P.S. The crash is isolated to the silent halls public dungeon in Blackwood and from my perspective, it seems to have come up post-patch as it was not present before the recent console patch.

Edit/Update: I just found a “potential slight workaround” to the Silent halls crash, it may not be guaranteed but it’s worth for others to try:
  • Switching from fidelity to performance on the character selection screen via options, video, Graphics. seems to “slow” the crashing process a bit, so if anyone happens to have their character at the door to “Blackwood” in the Silent halls, be sure to interact with the door and exit to Blackwood first thing before there is the slightest chance of crashing.

Analytical side note: I have a feeling the crash may be attributed to a potential graphics overload of some sort. Not sure what kind, but it narrows down a potential source.
Edited by Skullstachio on September 25, 2021 3:54AM
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happens to me I loaded in and instant dashboard. How can I free my character?

Series X NA Metal10957 Babyla is the toon, ty for any help.
    Edited by Metal10957 on September 25, 2021 2:04AM
    For the Horde!
  • TalenDraconis
    TalenDraconis
    Soul Shriven
    Can definitely say this is a thing. Though the crashing is happening in other places. Gold Coast was a nightmare for me, but one of my toons is now stuck in the Blackwood dungeon because I get instant dashboarded as soon as it loads me in.

Would like to play the game again and finish the blackwood story. Should not have wandered into the damn dungeon with my friend... It was my idea and I was curious on what the area looked like since it was my first time going into that one. Instant regret.
    Edited by TalenDraconis on September 25, 2021 2:46AM
  • xepidemiikxxb14_ESO
    Good luck getting help. It isnt just this area, the whole game itself has been broken on the series X and is completely unplayable since the patch. There's multiple threads of us telling them, they just dont care.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just found a potential workaround but the only thing is you practically have to be standing right near the Door into Blackwood. The OP has been updated to reflect the finding.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    I tried performance mode and was instantly kicked. I am right at the door but do not even get a chance to turn around... dashboards so quick, sorry.
    For the Horde!
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    2 Xbox series X (for my boyfriends and mine)

Both of us decided we would try to farm the scaly pieces for the gown - now we are both stuck in a continuous loop of dashboarding on those characters.

Please acknowledge this ZOS.

All I hear is that Zos employee in a past live stream: “We’re Killing it”
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    NA XBox series X
  • Spartaness
    Had this same problem on series x, I'd crash before the area even loaded. Logged in on my old xbox and managed to get my character out. Changing the performance mode didn't work for me.
  • shadowkhaleesi
    shadowkhaleesi
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing just happened to me on Series X as well. Endless dashboarding loop trying to log into a character that was trying to enter The Silent Halls. And all I wanted was a skill point from the group event so she can be a real crafter :( I’ve submitted a ticket and I hope support can move my character to another location before my core tomorrow night since this is my raid toon with all my trial gear on her :'(
    Edited by shadowkhaleesi on September 29, 2021 6:30AM
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭✭
    Im having the same issue with silent hall and my toon is stuck. I’ve been told that tech support can « move » my toon out of the zone by their Twitter customer support account but I’m still waiting to hear back.
    Edited by eveboufa on September 30, 2021 8:53PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's something wrong with this dungeon on PS5 as well. Thankfully you don't get crash locked, but the crashes are frequent, and the poor frame rate and input delay render the place almost unplayable. It isn't a one-off occurrence, friends and I have been back several times for the scaly cloths. It's especially bad at the very beginning where the wamasu and haj mota are fighting. Running performance mode.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • AnnieK
    AnnieK
    ✭✭
    I am stuck as well, sounds like it's going to load and crashes to desktop. This is my only L50 toon and is extremely frustrating. They completely broke this game on the XBOX Series consoles as every time you go through any door you have 80% chance to crash. It's pathetic. This needs to lose all the "enhancements" and go back to a working version.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    Crashed last night trying to get into Silent Halls, so called it a night. Now tried again today, crashes every single time. Toon is stuck in limbo land, had to log a support ticket from another toon (bet that is confuse the support guys). Tried changing graphics setting, made no difference. Xbox Series X EU.

Not sure if this is part of wider Xbox Series X bug ... heard sports games are crashing out to home screen. Was playing Walking Dead Definitive Edition, the last achievement on each episode crashes it back to home screen. So it may be a wider issue Xbox issue I don't know.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    Crashed last night trying to get into Silent Halls, so called it a night. Now tried again today, crashes every single time. Toon is stuck in limbo land, had to log a support ticket from another toon (bet that is confuse the support guys). Tried changing graphics setting, made no difference. Xbox Series X EU.

Not sure if this is part of wider Xbox Series X bug ... heard sports games are crashing out to home screen. Was playing Walking Dead Definitive Edition, the last achievement on each episode crashes it back to home screen. So it may be a wider issue Xbox issue I don't know.

ESO Support contacted me with a standard scripted response. Power Cycle console, tried that and it has not resolved the issue. So next step re-install the game, yeah great 90gb reinstall to see if that resolves it. If not contact Xbox support ... nicely palmed off.

I am not going to be very happy if I reinstall 90gb of game and it doesn't resolve the problem. I am half tempted to just uninstall and not bother with the reinstall part. You get the feeling it is a typical support move - get the user to go away and do something meaningless for a few hours, gets them off your back. Rather than actually look at the issue, test to see if it is a problem.
  • LaurenM
    LaurenM
    Soul Shriven
    I ran into the exact same issue today - could not get my character out of Silent Halls because as soon as it loads, ESO crashes and bounces me to the Xbox home screen. I'm on EU server playing on the Series X.

The only thing that ultimately worked was dusting off my Xbox One and logging in on that. Zero problems loading Silent Halls on the One and then getting my character the hell out of there.

The fact that ZOS is radio silent on what is a game-ending bug for some players is ridiculous.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Just posted a thread about this, it must be the same bug as this one.

Did anyone get a response?

It’s my main character that is stuck 😢😢

I did try using Xcloud on my mobile device to get my character out, but even that was crashing as I tried to load in as that character.
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, if you get stuck in The Silent Halls, please submit a Customer Support ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com, so we can move your character.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    Hello, if you get stuck in The Silent Halls, please submit a Customer Support ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com, so we can move your character.

So why have been led on a merry goose chase then. Power cycling, re-installing, contacting Xbox Support - if Customer Support can move us in the first place? Why wasn't that the default response?