The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Full Screen Issues Using A Second Monitor

• mahpoul
    mahpoul
    Sup folks,

Same issue here with a Macbook Air 11" 2013 Haswell Version and a second screen

Here are my specs :

Processor 1,7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB

I've been running the game (with addons detailled below) on a Bootcamped partition with Windows 7, dualscreening with a 15" > thunderbolt mini something, had no problem about switching to the other screen. ESO didn't windowed or something else.

I tried the Mac version, also have 10.9.2 and I ended up with the same issue as people here (black screen on eso windows and game is bumped to other screen and when i switch screen with the mouse ESO go windowed.

Apart of this bug the game does runs fine on Mavericks on the lowest settings with addons (skyshards, ftc, wykkyd, esohead)

Didn't tried 10.9.3.

Excuse my english, it isn't my native language.

Looking forward to fix this ***, I mean this bug... and my english.
  • Allyrion
    Allyrion
    I'm using a Windows 7 laptop and have a second screen attached with the browser open for chatting or looking up things if I get stuck. In other games this is no problem, but with ESO it is. Everytime I click in the browser (using Chrome), the game just crashes. If I chat with friends through Steam chat there is no problem only when I use the browser, which is getting really annoying if your stuck on a quest and want to lookup what to do/where to go.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    mahpoul wrote: »
    Apart of this bug the game does runs fine on Mavericks on the lowest settings with addons (skyshards, ftc, wykkyd, esohead)

Didn't tried 10.9.3.

Excuse my english, it isn't my native language.

Looking forward to fix this ***, I mean this bug... and my english.
    Hi @mahpoul, no need to fix your English, it's fine:)

Just be aware that some add-on s have caused fps drops and crashes (Esohead did have a fps issue now fixed if you have latest version) If you do get an issue then disabling add-ons is the first step, especially after an update.

There could be a change for the external monitors soon and working is ongoing for the memory issue.
  • Corew
    Corew
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or did todays patch fix those pesky dual monitor issues? It seems to work much better now.
  • mahpoul
    mahpoul
    The patch gave me a " game won't launch, with report every time i try to launch it "

So ima downloading this *** again (see ya in 2 dayz)

Can someone give feedback about the update and dualscreen issues?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or did todays patch fix those pesky dual monitor issues? It seems to work much better now.
    The reversion for dual monitors should be in I think in this patch, yes.
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TWO YEARS LATER AND ZERO FIX LOLOLOL

But the devs know about it... Nice. I guess they still have another 4 years in college to figure out the fix.
  • tamarael
    tamarael
    Soul Shriven
    Today is 26/09/2021 and the issue is still there. This makes no sense at all. I can only play on my secondary monitor if I use the "Fullscreen" mode. And every time I need to alt+tab the game gets minimized.

I would like to keep the game in Fullscreen windowed mode so I can check guides and etc while playing the game but looks like I can't.

This is very frustrating...
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tamarael wrote: »
    Today is 26/09/2021 and the issue is still there. This makes no sense at all. I can only play on my secondary monitor if I use the "Fullscreen" mode. And every time I need to alt+tab the game gets minimized.

I would like to keep the game in Fullscreen windowed mode so I can check guides and etc while playing the game but looks like I can't.

This is very frustrating...

The Mac client is in “minimal effort mode” by zos, they won’t be fixing anything, sadly.

I keep checking this section of the forums, but it really feels like there is no hope.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this thread being several years old and containing outdated information, we've decided to lock the thread. You can start a new thread for assistance if no recent threads exist.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.