Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you block the loot drop from being seen by others?

majulook
majulook
✭✭✭✭✭
Any addon or anything that can block your loot drop from being sen by others?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there's no way to prevent the API from being publicly available to those addons, or to anonymize it.

Unless ZOS wanted to change the API, of course. They could block or anonymize that data, but they have not done so yet.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just ignore the guys that are unfriendly and just demanding your loot.
    If they are friendly say a friendly "No thanks I'll need it".
    And if they keep on stressing put them to the ignore list.

I'm constantly ignoring unfriendly requests. Not even worth the answer.
    But I also got some nice chats and made new friends this way so never say never and enjoy the game :D
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe what ZOS can do is implement a scheme where you have to be in stealth (unseen by those around you) and then it keeps your loot a secret from prying eyes.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea for maybe roleplayers, but actually I do not want to sneak everytime I loot something ;-)

The problem here are the humans, not the possibilities such features provide!
    Humans need to behave and be patient. Restricting things because some are idiots... always a bad idea.
    They simply need more respect and better education by their parents ;)
    And the ones being trolls: Just ignore them as I said. Hurts them the mst as they will be forgotten fast that way. Mouning and talking about them gives them credit and they are named, and that's exactly what they want and search for...
    Edited by Baertram on September 27, 2021 10:46PM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Mouning and talking about them gives them credit and they are named, and that's exactly what they want and search for...

Honestly speaking, it sounds like they want and search for items instead of credit.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, so just ignore their request if they are unfriendly or if it disturbs you. Noone needs to answer.
    It's the same as with internet forum trolls. That's what I wanted to say (about the unfriendly and repeated posts asking).

If they are friendly and you just do not like getting asked just write them a friendly short response (or ignore it as well).
    MMO games cannot live without conversation, it's just about the tone. If you dislike conversation maybe do not play a MMO ;-)

In the end I only wanted to state that it's not any addons fault or the game's API fault providing the mechanics to spy loot.
    Edited by Baertram on September 27, 2021 10:55PM
  • KashyyyK240
    KashyyyK240
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm on my 50th run of said dungeon, where I carry the 3 newbies through to the end, and despite seeing the item I need dropped everyone says they ain't got it, I'd be losing my mind too.

There's nothing I hate more than people who get the drop I need, then don't write a damn word when I kindly ask if they need the item without calling their identity out, making me waste precious minutes waiting to see if I should just requeue for another run.

If someone farms for an item and then asks if you need said item, HE KNOWS YOU GOT IT! Just say you need it for collection book and be over with it.
    Edited by KashyyyK240 on September 28, 2021 12:04AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the best approach would be to tell the group at the start of the run that you're looking for a specific item and ask if they would be willing to trade or sell it if they get it, rather than suddenly trying to claim it which often comes across more like trying to cherry pick the most valuable of whatever happened to drop.

The other annoying one is the people who act like they're the self-proclaimed quartermaster and entitled to stand there and dictate who will get what regardless of what anyone else wants to do.
    If I'm on my 50th run of said dungeon, where I carry the 3 newbies through to the end, and despite seeing the item I need dropped everyone says they ain't got it, I'd be losing my mind too.

There's nothing I hate more than people who get the drop I need, then don't write a damn word when I kindly ask if they need the item without calling their identity out, making me waste precious minutes waiting to see if I should just requeue for another run.

If someone farms for an item and then asks if you need said item, HE KNOWS YOU GOT IT! Just say you need it for collection book and be over with it.

I'm sure they don't mind when you kindly ask if they would be willing to give it to you because you've been farming it for ages and had no luck.

The problem is the ones getting aggressive and saying "I'm on my 50th run, I carried all 3 of you newbies through to the end and despite seeing it drop you're saying you ain't got it. I KNOW YOU GOT IT!" as if they're entitled to your drops as well as their own because they've decided their desire to have it overrules yours.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of the reason to kindly ask in chat without calling someone out is that it gives them the space to decide what they want to do with their drop.

It's very polite, and I appreciate it! When they say they say they didn't get it even though you,, looking over their shoulder with an addon know they did, it's an indirect "I want my own loot drop" response. It's a nice way for them to avoid confrontation with an angry player who's run the dungeon 50 times, carried them, and now feels that they should hand over the item they want.

It speaks well of you that you don't directly pressure them or call them out.

The flip side is that you seem to have also decided that it's your drop, and aren't accepting the polite and indirect "No, I'll be keeping my own loot" with good grace.

If they don't offer when you ask, it IS a "no, I want it" answer. They don't need to say the magic "I want it for my stickerbook" words for you. Accept it and requeue. And if that seems like wasting precious time to you, I suggest you spend some of that time putting together a group of friends or guildmates who're willing to hunt for that gear and give it to you when they get it.
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    I use Loot Tracker only to easily list stuff in chat that’s available to trade. Stuff you need for Collections is not listed and I hate when people ask for those things. Yes, I just say “sorry I need it” but asking for stuff that’s not offered is bad manners. And, sometimes, I need an item that is in Collections because I don’t have enough transmutes to recreate it.

Whatever RNG decided to give each player is theirs to do with what they wish.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who remember mmo whit a popup window where you roll needs or greeds on everything :pensive:
    but with the new curated loot coming up, that won't be an issue for long! just need to be patient!

Edited by stefj68 on October 4, 2021 9:39AM
  • BrokenChef
    Thanks for all the posts!!!

It makes me happy to know that ignoring/blocking the constant requests for MY LOOT upsets the greedy, entitled trolls!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution to this is to always run dungeons as a < CP 160 character. No one cares what you get except for the "Sticker Book People" and if they think you are new, they figure you will take it for yours.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That is on you, not them. Sounds like you continue to do something that distresses you.

If they don't offer when you ask, it IS a "no, I want it" answer. They don't need to say the magic "I want it for my stickerbook" words for you. Accept it and requeue..

Yes it's frustrating, but that's on the game, not on the players who have a choice of what to do with THEIR loot.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    I do personally run it as it is super helpful in predefined group runs, but I never bother people with a request unless I specifically say that I need it.
    Plenty of times I've entered a dungeon stated that I am looking for a piece and everybody says that they would give it to me if they get it, then after they get it they just keep it to themselves.
    On the other hand of the spectrum, if I get a piece and someone dms me asking whether or not I need the piece, I'll just give it to them because I don't need it, so why should I be so protective of what loot I get? If I need the piece, I just say that I need it and they leave me alone (unless in the extremely rare case where they offer me hundreds of thousands of gold because they've been looking for it forever, in which case I give it to them cause I like money)
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons