The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Crit Rate have a Hard Cap

merpins
merpins
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Difficult question. I know none of us like our damage being taken from us, but this seems like the next step ZoS will probably take when they find that the nerf to crit damage isn't enough. We're still stacking crit rate to get the maximum damage. So after the crit damage cap, should they add a crit rate cap? Should they raise the crit damage cap a bit and then implement a crit cap as well and see how that goes? Possibly ~60% crit rate cap would probably be the sweet spot for various reasons.

Realistically, do you think there should be a crit cap?

Should Crit Rate have a Hard Cap 56 votes

Yes, there should be a crit rate and crit damage cap
17%
dsalterCaffeinatedMayhemDMuehlhausenFolkbMikeSkyrim333Kidgangster101merpinsCelephantsylvius_BornasfinmokarekizxStaticx 10 votes
Yes, if the crit damage cap is removed
0%
Yes, but the crit damage cap would need to be adjusted
1%
Sheezabeast 1 vote
No, crit damage cap is enough
33%
WuffyCeruleiarun_rajputb16_ESOzariaAektannSalamanNZEnemy-of-ColdharbourADarkloreshadow7blademaster_vanargandVinterdvalaLittlePinkDotcolossalvoidsJeirnoN3CR01YandereGirlfriendLashanWRakdosIppokratesSoul-Forged-Branch 19 votes
No, and I want the crit damage cap removed too
37%
Suddwrathdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOalanmatillab16_ESODjinn_al_zahirDalsinthusblkjagChadakWelanduzkarthrag_inakHamish999Nord_RaseribmnobleJarrods32Araneae6537Suna_Ye_SunnabeModzcsedward_frigidhandsLiteEmUpVylaera 21 votes
Other
8%
DarrettDagoth_RacCillion3117Bobby_V_Rockitjoerginger 5 votes
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I actually think they should raise base crit percentage. With CP 2.0, they raised base spell/weapon damage and base stam/health/magicka (and I think base penetration, too, but not 100% sure). That made it a lot easier for everyone to get reasonable amounts of those important stats. But they reduced base crit percentage, making it really hard to get reasonable amounts of that important stat. If base crit rate were higher, it might take some of the pressure off of needing to get as much crit rate as possible from other places. I think a lot of the emphasis on crit rate is because it is an underlying weakness of almost every build, so almost every build needs to find a bunch of crit rate from anywhere and everywhere.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit rate already have cap , 100%.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there should be a crit rate and crit damage cap
    Yup
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

Anything higher than 70% ends up losing dps the higher you go
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, because dps got out of control and with crit procs will be even worse, i do understand position of ZOS. Game will be pointless, if everything will be dominated by a single factor. In both, pve & pvp. That is basically end of any form of diversity.

So, when penetration have a cap, crit rate have a cap of efficiency, weapon/spell power also have a maximum value you can reach with equipment and support, crit damage going for 200% is somewhat op.

And cap isn't ultimately so bad. They could nerf all the crit dmg sets... XD
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »
    Yup
    Then do it for max resources and damage too, now we are back at the soft cap meta at launch but now its hard .
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Let’s not neuter dps completely.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I am saying is When an NB can hit a 17k Assassins Will in BGs somethings up.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. All depends of how much crit dmg You have. There are setups where it's worth to add more crit chance even if You're sitting at 70%+.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my opinion hard caps are lazy game design that leads to boring builds.
    We already have the situation that penetration is completely ignored by pve dds in organized groups, because supporters will push the group to the cap. Next patch the same will happen with crit damage.
    So the only things that matter are crit chance, damage done modifiers, spell damage and to a lesser extend max magicka. If you then put an easy to reach cap on crit chance aswell, the only choice for a dd is if he wants more spell damage or a higher damage done modifier.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. All depends of how much crit dmg You have. There are setups where it's worth to add more crit chance even if You're sitting at 70%+.

Nope. At that point you're pulling other damage sources (wpn/spl dmg, pen, stam/mag, crit dmg done) from your build to the point where those sources would offer more overall damage. At least on the stam side of dps.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.