The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whats the best way to farm things thats costs a lot of gold?

udaba
udaba
✭✭✭
Is there any way grind things that costs a lot of gold?
If yes how?Where?
PC/EU 1600 CP+
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best stuff to farm:
    - Raw materials, if you have all refining passives and the Meticulous Dissasembly CP refine yourself; also alchemy reagents
    - Crafting writs, at max tier drop rate for gold upgrade materials is ~30-35% so RNG is quite predictable
    - Zone sets that are sought after: Spriggan, Spinner, Mother's Sorrow etc. especially the weapons (that make sense)
    - Certain Cyrodiil PVP sets, by spending AP on random coffers from town vendors (your alliance has to control that town)
    - Certain IC PVP sets, by spending Tel Var on random coffers from vendors in your alliance base
    - DLC dungeon motifs, first couple of weeks after they start dropping, if you have a strong group that can clear the HM for a guaranteed drop; prices drop sharply so you have to hurry for those.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    The best stuff to farm:
    - Raw materials, if you have all refining passives and the Meticulous Dissasembly CP refine yourself; also alchemy reagents
    - Crafting writs, at max tier drop rate for gold upgrade materials is ~30-35% so RNG is quite predictable
    - Zone sets that are sought after: Spriggan, Spinner, Mother's Sorrow etc. especially the weapons (that make sense)
    - Certain Cyrodiil PVP sets, by spending AP on random coffers from town vendors (your alliance has to control that town)
    - Certain IC PVP sets, by spending Tel Var on random coffers from vendors in your alliance base
    - DLC dungeon motifs, first couple of weeks after they start dropping, if you have a strong group that can clear the HM for a guaranteed drop; prices drop sharply so you have to hurry for those.

How i can find DLC dungeon motifs? 0 drops by far How i can find the very best and expensive sets to know to sell?
    PC/EU 1600 CP+
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    udaba wrote: »
    The best stuff to farm:

How i can find DLC dungeon motifs? 0 drops by far How i can find the very best and expensive sets to know to sell?

They rarely drop on normal, sometimes on vet and guaranteed on hardmode from the last boss.

The most pricier are the most recent ones that started dropping like Waking Flame from the Cauldron, or the one from Rockgrove trial right now.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best stuff to farm:

Even the weird weapons like Staffs for Stamina Sets and Blades for Magic sets have value as people can use them to fill out their Sticker Books.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that's why I mentioned the HM for DLC dungeons. Activating the hard mode on Veteran is a guaranteed motif page for every player in group, veteran without that is more like 30-40%, and normal, which obviously doesn't have a hard mode only gives a very small chance, I guess 5% or so. And the hard modes on DLC dungeons are really hard, especially the newest ones, for which motifs haven't been yet completely debased to the point where you wonder if it's even worth listing them on guild stores.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    udaba wrote: »
    How i can find the very best and expensive sets to know to sell?

If you're looking for information on pricing, your choices are:
    • Actually looking in guild stores.
    • Using Tamriel Trade Center to summarize what's in guild stores.
    • Using Master Merchant (PC only).

The first two only tell you what prices things are offered and not yet sold at, but that's still useful.

But really, if you're short on gold and don't have any practiced techniques for getting it, the single best and most reliable way to get it is by doing crafting writs. Hirelings provide free stuff too, if you can afford the skill points (and also have invested in leveling up the skill lines).
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also even if you only play one character, making gold isn't hard. For example on NA where I generally play less than 1h/day I've been making about 2.5m/month since I started.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some purple companion items can still bring a few hundred k, depending on what it is and the trait.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Watch Arttea's channel on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TF_9yw9L5o

This particular video is about new ways of making gold this patch. Maybe check out some of her older ones too. Personally I stick to daily crafting writs on 7 fully-leveled characters when I need gold, as that keeps me occupied long enough before, for god's sake, I want to actually play the game. As I see no point in upgrading body pieces to gold and usually not jewelry either, I sell Dreugh Wax and Chromium, which has gotten so expensive really (PC EU). I had a weekly obligation of selling 350K not too long ago. It was easy enough to achieve with this method.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on your character progress. Daily writs are nice but you need at least few characters with maxed crafts to see noticeable cash income. If you have no crafters but pretty strong character you can try to farm newest motifs (the ones with highest number usually). If you have nothing but your will, go to Coldharbour and run around Hollow City and farm alchemy plants - in one hour you are able to make more than 100k gold this way.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge