Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adding arena 1 vs 1

Merllow
Merllow
✭✭✭
There are quite a few players who like to play 1 versus 1. But it would be more interesting if it brought some kind of reward in the form of AP, etc. As well as the formation of the rating
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they would make 1vs1 arena first thing I will do is take my permablock to it just to troll ppl and waste their time.

I don't think anything less than 3vs3 makes sense, given how tanky players can get.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    If they would make 1vs1 arena first thing I will do is take my permablock to it just to troll ppl and waste their time.

While there are certainly players with high damage 1v1 builds that can kill permablock players (e.g. 27k spell pen magsorc), most players won't be able to do this 1v1.

As a solution, the 1v1 system can make players take more damage the longer the match drags on. This is similar to how flag carriers take more damage the longer they hold the chaosball or relic.
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    While there are certainly players with high damage 1v1 builds that can kill permablock players (e.g. 27k spell pen magsorc), most players won't be able to do this 1v1.

There are no such builds. Trust me. Properly built permablock can hold several players indefinitely in noCP, and 5-7 players in CP.
    As a solution, the 1v1 system can make players take more damage the longer the match drags on.

Then I would be able to permablock and kill someone with burst at the end? :lol:
    Edited by divnyi on September 29, 2021 8:55AM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Properly built permablock can hold several players indefinitely in noCP, and 5-7 players in CP.

Yeah that's disgusting.

I don't know what the right solution is for that. The devs can figure it out :)
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't a stalemate result in a loss for both teams?

If you only play as a stalemate troll then eventually you'll de-rank down to the bottom.

The system should have a threshold that you can only go below due to stalemates.

Example:

Top Skill Player - 2247
    High Skill Player - 1230
    Med Skill Player - Rating 720
    Low Skill Player A - Rating 105
    Low Skill Player B - Rating 100 //this player loses every game but never to a stalemate
    Non-Stalemate Rating Floor 100 // only stalemates take you below this value
    Stalemate Troll Player A: Rating 75
    Stalemate Troll Player B: Rating 40
    Stalemate Troll Player C: Rating 15
    Stalemate Troll Player D : Rating 0 //this player has de-ranked to the bottom due to stalemates
    Rating Floor 0

This prevents low skill players from only playing against stalemate trolls.

Most normal players will not have to deal with this as their rating will be much higher.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 29, 2021 9:22PM
    PC NA
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are no such builds. Trust me. Properly built permablock can hold several players indefinitely in noCP, and 5-7 players in CP.
    As a solution, the 1v1 system can make players take more damage the longer the match drags on.

Then I would be able to permablock and kill someone with burst at the end? :lol:

Cyrodill =/= duels. In duels You can easily create a build that can deal with permablockers through block ignoring stuns , DoTs (DoT dmg ignores block) and other cancerous stuff.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling takes care of 1v1 arenas nicely. What we really need is 4v4 or 8v8 instead of this three-team design the game currently ahs.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

Cyrodill =/= duels. In duels You can easily create a build that can deal with permablockers through block ignoring stuns , DoTs (DoT dmg ignores block) and other cancerous stuff.

Did you see my bar? Immovable vs stuns, Expunge and Modify vs dots.

It is impossible to kill. Bergama duelists refuse to duel with ppl that have too much HP, because that ends up in stalemate. Not even permablocks, right. Just too much HP.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭

It is impossible to kill. Bergama duelists refuse to duel with ppl that have too much HP, because that ends up in stalemate. Not even permablocks, right. Just too much HP.

Everything that you write about is not a reason for abandoning the 1v1 arena. And indeed, such a player will only stand in the block, without killing, which will not bring him victory and lower his winrate. Perhaps in the future, this mode can be used by developers as a basis for further balancing. So that some tanks do not have too much damage.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Dueling takes care of 1v1 arenas nicely. What we really need is 4v4 or 8v8 instead of this three-team design the game currently ahs.

It's about ranking and awards, which will add interest. Duels do not give you anything, and the 1v1 mode will attract new players.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I've seen it. Still I know setups that can deal with it. 5-7 noobs is no indicator that You're unkillable and those mentioned arenas could bring some kind of debuff that after x amount of time ppl inside are starting to get dmg based on percentage of their health. There is plenty of ways to deal with issues mentioned by You.