The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Houseguest Updates & Additions Requests

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First, I want to say that I have enjoyed the addition of houseguests! There are some updates and additions that I would really love to see in the system if they can be implemented:

1) Emotes: I want my houseguests to be able to path to a chair and sit down! I want them to eat or read a book or look around or go back to their default idle! Ideally, I would like for them to use any emote that the player has unlocked (this would add great value to crate emotes like barkeep) in addition to any idle or other action that is uniquely their own.

2) Generic houseguests: I do enjoy many of the NPCs but I think there is also a place for relatively generic houseguests with very little dialogue, at least if they could fulfill roles with emotes. For instance, in my Cornerclub in Kragenhome, I would like a Dunmer barkeep and some disreputable looking patrons who don’t need to do anything more than sit at a table, maybe walk around and have a drink (serious bonus points if one is a Dunmer who will gruffly address the player as “Outlander” — he needn’t even say anything else!) I might then put a known NPC with more dialogue in the VIP section (maybe Ashur of the Morag Tong, but I digress…)

3) Bards: I love the music boxes, but for parties, you want a bard! They don’t have to be interactive and could either not have pathing at all or only play and sing while standing or sitting as needed. I set up a pavilion at Sleek Creek with Daahin in mind, filled with silk, moonsugar and wine, as if I could lure her to play for me if only I made the place fine enough…

4) Dummy Pathing: Perhaps this would not be possible and require rigging that they don’t currently have but I would love for my Wraith of Crows to haunt the place, skeletons wondering about, sweeping the floor, dancing… Maybe I am getting carried away with this last one but it would be such fun!
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    All sound good, and have been brought up, but the more attention the better. Emotes and bards would be great.

One to add from my own list, let us have more of them. I can add 700 flickering braziers in 1 room, but 10 standing people somehow will overload the system?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all seem to be fantastic ideas.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    In particular I really like the idea of Houseguests being able to sit as you described. Would be a nice addition for sure.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I really like having a bard but give us one that can sing. The bard from Skywatch has a nice voice ( I believe it's Malukah). The bard from Gideon is just plain bad; ZOS should allow us to throw tomatoes at the at him. I will have to remove a housequest in order to fit the bard, but it would be worth for a bard with a good singing voice.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on September 30, 2021 9:06PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like having a bard but give us one that can sing. The bard from Skywatch has a nice voice ( I believe it's Malukah). The bard from Gideon is just plain bad; ZOS should allow us to throw tomatoes at the at him. I will have to remove a housequest in order to fit the bard, but it would be worth for a bard with a good singing voice.

You know, I don’t think I’ve heard either of those bards yet even though I’ve been all over Auridon, I must not have visited the Skywatch tavern or wherever they’re playing. My absolute favorite bard is Daahin from Elsweyr (Rimmen crafting area) but I also like Fasana from Grahtwood (Outside Inn).
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 1, 2021 1:11AM
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 If I recall correctly the Skywatch bard is outside near the Wayshrine. I have to go back to Skywatch and make sure. I believe they are using same voice for the bard in Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 If I recall correctly the Skywatch bard is outside near the Wayshrine. I have to go back to Skywatch and make sure. I believe they are using same voice for the bard in Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor.

Yes, she is, although strangely I don’t always here her; today I had to look around and find her visually and walk up to her before I got audio but that might be an issue with my headset, Idk. I believe it’s the same vocal artists who does the voice of Fasana, so I definitely agree and appreciate her too, although for both voice and song, Daahin of Rimmen remains my favorite! :heart: