The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in Blackwood quest "The face of change"

DreamyLu
DreamyLu
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello All

As said in title, my question concerns the Blackwood quest "The Face of Change".

I'm at the step where the quest log says: "Investigate the Ayleid Ruin". I stand in front of the door. I can't open it: "You can't use that door right now". And I'm completely stuck because there is nothing around I can interact with. As for Alchemy (the quest NPC with me), she simply tells that I'm in the lead for that step.

I have tried the following so far:
- checking quest log: no other info than just "investigate Ayleid Ruin".
- read a quest guide from the internet: not more info.
- logging off/on: nothing happened.
- waiting in case some other NPCs arrive or something happens... In vain.

Any ideas?

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for double posting but I just found the solution and it''s soooooooooooooo stupid: there is defined distance we need to stand from the door to have the "Enter" interactive. If we're closer or farther than this small zone, the "Enter" remains disabled.

I share it in case others get same situation... :D:D:D
    Edited by DreamyLu on September 22, 2021 9:38AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    just going to answer you
    Went through the same problem yesterday
    Glad you figured it out to😊
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they get this worked out soon. I have a similar problem trying to target my banking assistant if he's too close to a lootable container or a crafting writ bulletin board-- if I'm "too close" to him, I can't get a prompt to interact with him unless I move my mouse around to look at him at just the right angle and just the right height, otherwise I just get the prompt for the nearby container or bulletin board; but backing away from him suddenly makes it easier to interact with him. I do love the fact that they've made it easier to interact with things when players' pets and assistants are in the way, but this still needs a bit of tweaking to get it right.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!