The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crate timer

EirgarthEldjarns
EirgarthEldjarns
✭✭✭
Question, I see the 7 day timer for the Iron crates... which usually means a new season around the bend <yay!>.... but in the past, for the last week, ESO+ members get a discount on the crates... is that no longer the case?

Thanks,

Eir
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been astonished as well. Unless there is some limited offer for which I don't have enough gems, I usually wait for the last week to buy any crates as well, in order to enjoy the ESO+ savings, and it came as a disappointment that there are none this time around. I guess it is to compensate for the endeavours? Anyways, still one more way the crates get more and more expensive with each iteration...
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is this going to be the new norm (do you know)? I really hope it was an oversight, every so often it seems that the value of ESO+ is diminished little by little...

*breaks out the rocking chair* I remember those days when ESO+ members got free crates during the free trials... ahh the memories.

Thanks,

Eir
  • Jafarus
    Jafarus
    Soul Shriven
    I'm disappointed too.
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Still wondering if this is an oversight or going to be the norm?

Thanks,

Eir
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    No official response? How disappointing, less then 24 hours left on crates.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't let players stock up on gems with sale crates right before the next batch comes out. It might cut into their sales.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They've been inconsistent with Crate sales lately.

We used to get them for the last week of all crates, but I remember one of the recent ones (I think the Akaviri Potentates) didn't get the sale. The last set (Ayleid) did, but now it no longer seems like a given that we'll get the sales.

Pity. I'd buy a bunch if they were on sale, but especially with the last Crate announcement and the new datamine, I'm finding it hard to care about the crates at all. I assume that thanks to Endeavors, we probably won't be seeing the 15-pack sales again.

You know, with all the testing they do, I'm surprised the marketing people don't also do a test to see if releasing more things for direct sale would increase their revenue now that Endeavors are eating into crown crates. Maybe even test releasing datamined stuff? Or test looking into the Crown Store forum and release things people have been begging for for a while?
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    I see it like this... I would have bought at least a stack of 15 with the sales price (now mind you, I bought a stack at full price when it was released)... now I won't... which means they will lose out on me buying some crowns in the future.

If they don't want to allow the sales anymore, fine... but at least communicate with folks... biggest issue I have ever had with this game is the general customer interactions by ZoS (mainly lack of communication).

Eir
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

*breaks out the rocking chair* I remember those days when ESO+ members got free crates during the free trials... ahh the memories.

Remember the days when we could contact customer service and be like: "Hey, I missed that one thing in the store. Can I just buy it now?" And you could buy it. Now you have to wait or give up on it and build internal resentment for their marketing practices. \o/