The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO not seeing addons

phatmhat
phatmhat
Soul Shriven
I've put the addons in C:\Users\me\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\addons folder. After logging in ESO does not see any addons.

I've deleted them all, deleted the addons folder, deleted the addons text file, then let ESO update both, then reinstalled the addons - same thing. They will be there, but ESO will not see them.

Halp!
  • Wild_Haggis
    Wild_Haggis
    ✭✭
    Did you check show outdated addons?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Which server are you on? try liveeu folder
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi. First of all, i use MINION, a addon manager Program, really useful. It lets you search, install and update addons. Also, have you installed all the needed Librarys/Libs that the addon you are wanna use needs? Lastly, I checked where my Addons go. Its by me : ThisPC-Documents-ElderScrollsOnline-live-addons. Maybe that helps you
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • phatmhat
    phatmhat
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you everyone.

I took a screenshot and noted which folder it was going to, as that's where the addon folder is too.

And guess what? ESO had my addon folder NOT in the Documents folder, but in the hidden "Program Data" folder on the C drive.

Hopefully whenever this happens to anyone else they can figure it out.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you check show outdated addons?

That option does not seem to exist
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Minion, and when i log in today I see no addons at all. Not "not up to date" - none.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There can be several reasons for that.
    You are using Microsoft OneDrive meanwhile and have enabled to backup your documents folder in OneDrive -> ESO dislikes that. Search the forums/web for how to disable documents backup in OneDrive. It's in the sync settings of OneDrive.

Or your antivirus blocks access to the documents folder or Minion folder. Allow it by whitelisting Minion/the documents folder where the addons are in.

Or login, take a screenshot via they screenshot keybind and watch the text written at the top right corner of the screen.
    The folder shown there should be the one where your subfolder "AddOns" will be located (1 folder above "Screenshots").
    If it's not your documents folder anymore like c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\Screenshots
    but some other like c:\AppData\elder scrolls online
    this is a known bug as well. You need to change the folder in Minion then to the new folder ESO somehow thinks is the correct now...

Or if the folder did not change and you have whitelisted it and it's not MS OneDrive blocking access to it:
    Close Minion and delete the Minion.xml file (should be in c:\users\...\.minion), start Minion and setup it new. Maybe the xml file was broken.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went out, restarted minion, restarted ESO and now everything is "fine". I have no idea what was happening.