The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What are MagCro's Doing for Damage/Burst Combo in Solo PvP/ Grouped?

seitekisaki
seitekisaki
✭✭✭
Sup, so I am trying this class again, and have come up with some things looking up build ideas and how other classes perform with certain sets and skills. MagCro doesn't really have a good niche in their passives to build toward. Other classes tend to have a theme in their passives that complement a design philosophy. I couldn't understand what the dev's wanted me to do with MagCro, and I was really looking into doing anything I can that is to find some type of burst combo or DoT build. I settled on this:

2 heavy and 3 light Heartland Conqueror + Ancient Grace + Sharp and Powered Trainee Inferno and Resto respectively or Willpower since I don't have the trainee traits yet. Oh and of course some monster sets I have not settled on. The two monster sets are heavy.

With 885 Champion Points I have 40k max mag, 25k health, 17k Stam and 2.9k Spell Damage unbuffed my resistances are 20k and 2.1k crit resist

Since there isn't really an outside source for a normal skill (not ultimate) to be used as a burst skill for Magicka I decided to just ramp up Blast bones damage so I could be some pseudo MagNB.
I got Blastbones to something ok. See below

This is Blastbones with Flawless Dawnbreaker buff and degeneration in Cyrodiil. The Warfare cp I have allocated are Arcane Supremacy, Untamed Aggression, Master at Arms, and Biting Aura.
rCtKqyz.jpg?1

This is my unbuffed Resistant Flesh with Powered Conqueror's Resto in Cyrodiil
XDaIYze.png

But I am not very good at this game, and because of that I can't really min-max a build or know what is FoTM. I would rather not use a proc set or too many even though its probably best Also, I don't want to use clever alchemist since it has a particular uptime.

So, with all that being said can someone suggest how I can build this class based on my playstyle of making Blastbones insane and having a stun into it? Also, what is your current build for MagCro PvP?
Btw I grabbed Turn Evil for the fear and it seems much better than what a MagCro has for CC.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your build has many flaws that directly hinder your experience.

1. you should run a second 5pc set alongside Heartland Conq, if you want more spell damage stick to Clever Alchemist, if you want big damage on Blastbone run Unleashed Ritualist (in this case you want to run skeleton arcanist aswell)
    2. For a monster set you should consider Magma Incarnate, Blood Spawn or Balorgh
    3. Your skill setup is highly limiting:
    Always use Dawnbreaker of Smithing for the extra damage and the stun
    Use Elemental Weapon or Force Pulse rather than Ricochet Skulls
    Flame Clench should be the only CC to consider.
    Drop Mystic Siphon and never consider using it again in PvP
    Change your Spirit Guardian to the Intensive Mender morph.
    Change Braided Tether to Mortal Coil

For your Warfare CP you should use:
    Ironclad, Duelist's Rebuff, Master at Arms and Biting Aura
  • seitekisaki
    seitekisaki
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, awesome, yea I was reluctant to try Clever but it's the fastest thing I can get my hands on. What combination of armor weight should I go for? A 5 heavy 1 light 1 med, or something like I have with 4 heavy 2 light 1 med?

I can probably use elemental drain instead of siphon. My survivability is a bit wonky, but probably because of CP. BTW What are people using for Fitness CP? It seems to have the most variability. Like roll dodge or/and block or break free etc.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What MashmallowMan said.

To clarify a tad. Harmony, Boneyard, Blastbones, Mech Acuity (until next patch), and Dark Convergence. If you really don't feel like fighting anyone at all, get a friend on a sorc to streak and maybe negate too.