The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gates of Oblivion Year-End Stream - Post Show Q&A Thread

• BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved that you hosted a Loremaster's Archive related to the Deadlands!

Would you be willing to host these more regularly, perhaps quarterly? The lore/roleplay community would love to see more questions and answers related to various topics, I think.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved that you hosted a Loremaster's Archive related to the Deadlands!

Would you be willing to host these more regularly, perhaps quarterly? The lore/roleplay community would love to see more questions and answers related to various topics, I think.

This! We appreciate the work that Leamon and others put towards the backstory of the content we are playing.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does Mehrunes Dagon feel about yarn?

Is he a 'bat it about with your paws' sort of guy or is he more into crochet?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Sheggorath will gladly steal your yarn and tie you up in knots with it, if Dagon is not paying attention. Oooh! Butterflies!
  • Skinfaxe_DK
    Please elaborate on the changes to the vampire mistform ability and consider/discuss alternate changes. There are several suggestions on the forums like; a scaling mitigation level (scaling with vampire level 1-4 with 75% mitigation requiring the highest level of vampirism), thereby limiting it's viability to negate mechanics without more investment and commitment. Or; a streak-like variant similar to the one NPC vampires use in Western Skyrim that would fit the ability it's utility as a disengagement tool.
  • Skinfaxe_DK
    Please comment on the UI changes to the chat window as it now seems to resemble the console UI when playing with a controller. Some players prefer the PC UI when a keyboard is connected and some enjoy the "new" look and feel of a fully integrated console-like experience.
    Can we have the option to use either the PC or the (new) console version respectively, regardless of peripherals.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that Stackable Treasure Maps were missing from the PTS Update 32 Patch Notes.

When will this be corrected? :wink:
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • CE_Nex
    CE_Nex
    ✭✭✭
    In Fargrave, some of the Vanquished were said to have served a Daedric Prince that is now gone and forgotten. Is this a reference to Jyggalag? Did Jyggalag have clans of Dremora serve under him?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucents, Welkynd stones, and Vakka stones - all meteoric glass. Are they distinct types or just the same thing by different names?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • NickFirzen
    Hi, so in 2016 ESO got HDR support on Playstation Pro, then Xbox followed and they recently got second, better HDR mode... yet eversince on PC we still haven't got HDR...
    Please, could you tell us when to expect it, finally?
    Is it with this update? Pr is it already in-game just inactive?
    I have noticed usersettings.ini got HDR setting but it doesn't work...
    Thank you!
    Oh and second questionish, I miss monthly performance progress updates...
    How's cold storage, npc repathing, server upgrade coming along, what other improvements are you planning?
    Bonus: have you yet considered allowing group mounts for companions? Or giant housing statues/guests of life sized daedric princes? As big as Molag Bal or Dagon or Hircine...
    Tyty
    Edited by NickFirzen on September 25, 2021 2:02AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any lore on Dagon's Axe that he is always wielding and can we get any history on it? Would Dagon actually use it as a Guitar?
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • borkiee
    borkiee
    ✭✭
    With the armory system basically letting us change our builds completely now, moreso then what any addon could do, will Class Change tokens be finally considered? We have a token for everything else, alliance of all things, and for people who have a main they have done and completed everything on, changing their build around with this system is one thing, but a class change token to come out at the same time, or afterwords, would go so well with it. Having made a character of the class I want my main to be, but just a 1:1 clone over a simple alt that's not used for overall completion, while was more fun and all, was not my main still :/
    bork
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Markyn Ring of Majesty going to get a touch up damage wise, or will you allow it to count Monster Helmet Sets as well. I just feel like the Markyn Ring of Majesty doesn’t feel “Mythic” Enough if you catch my meaning.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of player behavior lead you to add the "joining encounter" functionality to old existing dungeon, and are their any other concerns you wish to address in activity finder in the future? Will dungeons that have unskippable dialogue that you need to progress the quest now auto-complete that quest stage when pulled into the encounter?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Tsaesci or akaviri vampires different to the Lamae Bal type and in what way?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All! Just wanted to post a reminder that today is the last day to get questions in for the post-show Q&A. As a reminder, the Post Show Q&A with ESO's Creative Director, focusing on the Deadlands DLC and Update 32. Questions can be about what you've played on the PTS, read on the forums or other community sites, or seen on various livestreams.

Thanks everyone, and we look forward to your questions!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If costumes can be linked to a build in the armory system, will we be able to link different mounts to the builds also?
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the intended way to complete veteran hardmode rockgrove? Because you removed dodging the damage done and are now nerfing every vampire because you haven't explained what we're supposed to do.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questions!

In the Deadlands main quest, Rynkyus claimed Daedra "know little of fear."

rWqct3B.png

Yet Spirit of the Daedra, a lorebook that has been in TES since Battlespire, claims "We feel pain, and fear it. We feel shame, and fear it. We feel loss, and fear it. We hate the Darkness, and fear it. ... The Dremora have deep thoughts, and must master fear to overcome it."

IEygcqw.png

Is Rynkyus lying or wrong? Shouldn't his dialogue be updated to reflect established lore, since he has no motive to mislead or lie to the player, and seems to speak genuinely? Is Spirit of the Daedra wrong?

Also...

Does Blackwood plan on making Daedra tolerance laws? Since the citizens seem more than happy to celebrate with a bunch of unbound Oblivionites strutting around Leyawiin Castle in the quest finale...

j5RPO5H.png
    Edited by BlissfulDeluge on September 27, 2021 9:35PM
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    More or less a question regarding the armory.... while SWAPPING between builds is free, does one still have to spend the coin to respec and *make* the builds first to save them or is there a way to make the build in the armor system itself?
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the beggining of blackwood there was a problem with people camping at the final boss of the portals as well as mobs being already dead by the time you enter it. Is there plans to fix that so that whenever a player enters a portal the mobs respawn and so that people can't simply wait for the final boss to respawn but leave the deadlands and find another portal?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the new companion be romanceable?
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    How will hirelings work with the armoury? I.e. if one of my armoury slots has hirelings and another one doesn't, do I have to make the hireling slot active to get the loot?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for all the questions, everyone! We're going to lock this thread and work on choosing which questions to ask during the post-show Q&A this Friday. See you all then!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.