Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Hair Color Appearance Tab

TropicsDelight
TropicsDelight
✭✭✭
Hello ZOS.

If possible can you make hair color a changeable feature in the appearance tab?

Right now it requires a complete appearance change token to change hair color but this is something that would likely be more profitable to ZOS as a tab in the same place people can change hair styles. Right off the hop it opens up the option to add "all of the available hair colors on the character creation screen" as a crown store purchasable option, this would sell easily for 2000 crowns.

This also opens up the ability for ZOS to now add rare and unique hair colors to the crown store, crown crates, as special crown store purchases, or to add to collectors additions of new content to get people more inclines to spend the extra money for the upgrade.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but then appearance change token sales would drop. 1,000 crowns per character appearance change has made them money for years, the 2,000 crown always-accessible account wide feature would cut into their profits. Not gonna happen.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes but then appearance change token sales would drop. 1,000 crowns per character appearance change has made them money for years, the 2,000 crown always-accessible account wide feature would cut into their profits. Not gonna happen.
    I'm not so sure about that. Probably only desperate players (or too rich) will buy token to changle only hair color and they will do it very rare. Meanwhile hair color pack is something that many, many players will buy and with still growing community this thing will be selling all the time. Also it will make players happier and happy players are priceless for ZOS, right? :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure about that. Probably only desperate players (or too rich) will buy token to changle only hair color and they will do it very rare. Meanwhile hair color pack is something that many, many players will buy and with still growing community this thing will be selling all the time. Also it will make players happier and happy players are priceless for ZOS, right? :D

I like their idea--I'm just giving the brutal honesty of it. I mean, look at the crates section of the crownstore. Those apex mounts are $100's. They care less about a few players who are smart enough to want hair color options for $20, rather than "$10 for every character, every time you want a change."

ESO is more dependent on the small population of rich players (whales) paying for the expensive content, more than the majority of players who see reason with crown store spending and logical upgrade purchases.

I'm waiting for endeavors to shift that power back into our hands, but it looks like crown crate items are just getting more expensive instead now. 2,500 gems for a radiant mount. People are still buying. them. $1,000's now...
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 27, 2021 7:52AM