The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamsorc bow builds (Cyro)

Larcomar
Larcomar
✭✭✭✭✭
Playing around with my newish stamsorc. Most of the builds Im finding are brawler types spamming d swing, but already have stamden and stamcro set up as tanky brawler types so was wanting to try something different. I figured a ranged, skirmisher build might be different, play to the stamsorcs' strength in mobility, and mitigate his main weakness - relatively ltd self healing compared to other classes. Wondered if others have had any success with that sort of approach and how they built it?

Ive been trying him out with with various body sets - nma, marksman etc - and some old swamp raider jewels weps I had golded out. Between hurricane, streak lots of well fitted and bow major exped passive, the mobility feels really good - it's a very different stype of play - but - while swamp raider gives a nice boost to lethal arrow and posion arrow, it feels a bit of a bad fit given his 5% physical passive, and not sure he's hitting that hard. Id originally thought crystal wep but it feels a bit... janky in cyro. Not sure why. Welcome any advice....

cheers larc

editsed as I can't type
Edited by Larcomar on September 24, 2021 11:27AM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Playing around with my newish stamsorc. Most of the builds Im finding are brawler types spamming d swing, but already have stamden and stamcro set up as tanky brawler types so was wanting to try something different. I figured a ranged, skirmisher build might be different, play to the stamsorcs' strength in mobility, and mitigate his main weakness - relatively ltd self healing compared to other classes. Wondered if others have had any success with that sort of approach and how they built it?

Ive been trying him out with with various body sets - nma, marksman etc - and some old swamp raider jewels weps I had golded out. Between hurricane, streak lots of well fitted and bow major exped passive, the mobility feels really good - it's a very different stype of play - but - while swamp raider gives a nice boost to lethal arrow and posion arrow, it feels a bit of a bad fit given his 5% physical passive, and not sure he's hitting that hard. Id originally thought crystal wep but it feels a bit... janky in cyro. Not sure why. Welcome any advice....

cheers larc

editsed as I can't type

My bow/bow Stamsorc uses the physical morph on snipe.

Hit the crystal wep button after the shot, it feels better. As long as you engage the command/button before the shot lands, it'll go off. (However - look into the new ele weapon morph version - it's got major breach)

The only thing that feels less powerful to me doing bow/bow over mag as for a ranged skirmisher is that medium/stamina don't get the shielding. So you need to rely on that bow roll passive. Also - if you aren't feeling any sustain issues, try stage 3 vamp, it helped a lot. (I actually run stage 4. Bolt, roll, run, invis, re-engage.)

I had best luck with Sprig, Dragonguard, 1pc kragh, torc, s3 vamp. - I haven't updated the build since pre Flames though. I imagine heartland would be good. But i'm a fan of the blackrose bow on the back, cuz mag shot is lolz and that dot is phat pressure.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, that sounds pretty good as a set up. Ill give crystal wep another go. Shame not to use one of th few stam skills sorcs get.

Tbh Ive found shields so nerfed that rarely use on my magsorc. Id take the mejor eped on bow roll any day. But maybe thats just me!
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been trying it out this afternoon; kragh, some old NMA i had + the spriggans. Rotwh and all swift. Focused aim + Crystal wep as main attack. *Much* improved. He's hitting way harder with the extra pen, crystal wep and 5% passive, and the mobility's great on defence. I still think crystal is a bit janky but looking at combat metrics, I'm scoring hits, just not seeing combat text. It almost looks like the games having to take a mo to work out the damage. Anyway, really enjoying him so far. Definitely different feel from my brawlers. The NMA is all impen - it's some old stuff I had. Will remake as WF or, possibly, go Automaton. Basically, same wep damage, lose 1400 pen for 5% cost reduction. Wouldn't boost heals but I'm not takign much damage tbh

Cheers

larc