The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Request] Ignore list Addon

thestalkingwolfb16_ESO
Hello,

I havent been to the api to see if this is even possible but I am sure I am not the only one with an ignore list full of gold spammers and more. With the huge ban wave that passed it seems that a good portion of the accounts on my ignore list dont exists anymore (tested by attempting to mail them after they have been removed from friends list).

The purpose of this addon is to keep the ignore list to a minimum required names allowing for new ignores as required.

Spec;
The addon should remove already banned accounts from the ignore list.

Method;
I though about two potential methods to achieve this, first listed above, pinging each account with a mail or tell or other method, if it returns no such user then remove them from the list. The other method (or perhaps a combination of both) is by storing the date on which the account was added to the ignore list. Its probably safe to say that all the accounts added (or enough of them to make it worth while) were banned. The ones that weren't would get added to the list again once I run into them spamming zone chat again.

Not sure if that would work but it seems to make sense, maybe someone has an easier method or ZOS would be willing to auto remove perm banned accounts from your ignore list.

Thanks to anyone willing to take this on!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they ban accounts, they do not delete the accounts and there is no indication that I have seen that the account is banned. You can still add them to the Ignore list.

Maybe adding them to your friends list might give more information, but I have not been willing to try that. :)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally just clean the Ignore list every day. The spambots you have already reported will by then have been banned. Once you leave the starting area the only spam you keep recieving is mail spam - where the accounts have propably been reported and banned before you even read them.

I also heard of existing Spam Filter addons.
    These can be updated faster then the game could (thus having a better filter ability then the game could provide) and also maintain thier own, distinct, non-limited ignore lists. But I did not test any of them, as I was quick to leave the spambots behind and find that most peoples reactions to that bit of spamming is overraction.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.