The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bounties of Blackwood?

Arictheana
Arictheana
✭✭✭
Is it really too much to ask for event dates? Seems pretty ridiculous that it's September 23rd and there's still not even a date for when this September event is supposed to happen.
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    I just posted the same thing in the events page of the forums. Hopefully one of us will get an answer
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they ment September of 2022
    Awake, but at what cost
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you check the twitch drops section they have a Bounties of Blackwood campaign running that states it ends October 4th. If you give it the standard time of 1 week + the weekend before and after, that should put the start day as September 23rd... I'm not entirely sure ZOS even knows when their own events start. It would definitely be nice to get some notice.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you check the twitch drops section they have a Bounties of Blackwood campaign running that states it ends October 4th. If you give it the standard time of 1 week + the weekend before and after, that should put the start day as September 23rd... I'm not entirely sure ZOS even knows when their own events start. It would definitely be nice to get some notice.

The DROPS CAMPAIGN ends on the 4th, but that doesn't mean that the EVENT ends then. The recent pattern for drops is that a campaign will run for a week or less-- depending on what day of the week it began-- and then end on Sunday night, so that another drops campaign can run for the following week if the droos campaigns are associated with events that last longer than a single week.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Nothing to share yet, but keep your eyes out on all of our channels for updates.

And we are working on a better way to have event info displayed here on the forum. We know many of you plan with your friends and/or guilds to make sure you can have time to participate.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • lordxyrax_ESO
    lordxyrax_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Based on Twitch drop schedule it looks like it starts September 30th.
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭
    Really thought it would be today.

It would be nice to standardize event dates at a particular time of the month, for consistency and messaging. If it's on the 30th, it feels like it's just a September event in name only, but rather an October event.

I am hoping it would at least start on the 27th, on a Monday, rather than the last day of September on the 30th.

Regardless, I think having a clear communication of event start dates well in advance would be nice. Many of my guilds are left wondering when it will start, and they're scrambling around to find clues or hints, and it's just a lot of unnecessary process.

Please consider standardizing event dates and notifying people ahead of time so they can manage real life work duties, along with in-game activities.

Thank you,
    Hashi~
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

September 30th to October 4th - that's a really short event!
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I told you months ago you have a perfectly good place to put news right here.....

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news

It's worked fine for 7 years. It's easy to find. It's easy to copy the link and share it with other people.

This isn't about you guys not knowing how to easily display event info so it can be found. It's you choosing not to put the information up until 2-3 days before the events start.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing there is a backend problem with the event this time. We always say that is the reason they give short notice anyway. Now, it could have been scheduled for today, something didn't work, they pushed it back but need to be sure it will work next week, or some such. Otherwise there's no reason to keep us in the dark, and given how they usually provide a date in these kinds of threads, it seems the only reason they don't now is they can't.
    PC NA
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did start a thread on this earlier this week….
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Did start a thread on this earlier this week….

Yeah I don't know why we switched to this one, but now Kevin commented here, this seems like it'll be the go to thread :#
    PC NA
  • Soul_Soliloquy
    As previously said in the thread started by @Hallothiel … As a GM that tries to plan guild events with in-game events I find the lack of notice really frustrating :/
    GM Waking Dreams | PC NA
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Nothing to share yet, but keep your eyes out on all of our channels for updates.

And we are working on a better way to have event info displayed here on the forum. We know many of you plan with your friends and/or guilds to make sure you can have time to participate.

Kevin, ZOS has been saying this for YEARS, with mixed results. the issue is not about where you post events, its about when you post events. Your inconsistent. sometimes we know dates 1-2 weeks in advance and others we know 1-2 days in advance.

I also find it deceiving that you indicate and give hints (via Crown Showcases and Stream Announcements) that an event is going to occur during a particular month when the majority of the event is outside of said month.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That would be an oddly low number of event tickets for the last event of an "event quarter".

I expect it'll turn out to be another 12 or so day event. Maybe this time they won't have post-holiday maintenance on the last day of the event.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why I bother to post, because apparently no one reads it, but for the third time (once in this thread and once in a different thread I think), the recent pattern for events that last longer than a week is to have more than one drops campaign, with each one lasting from several days to a week, followed by another drops campaign that begins a day or so after the end of the prior campaign. So if this event is going to adhere to that pattern, the campaign from 9/30 through 10/4 would just be the first one, followed by a second campaign that would likely run from 10/5 through whenever-- either until the end of the event, or maybe just until the start of the weekend with a third campaign running from the weekend until the end of the event.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, wanted to share the save the date for Bounties of Blackwood.

Twitter Link

Text for those who want the information: Save the Date! Our next in-game event, Bounties of Blackwood, starts September 30. Stay tuned for more details coming on September 27!

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The date was leaked on Twitch last weekend.

I try to track all the calendar related stuff on my ESO Calendar(s) from a variety of sources including making predictions based on past events records.

https://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    More of an advanced notice would be nice... also, not everyone embraces social media... so posting on twitter before announcing on your own forums seems a bit silly.

Also, many use a bot to post on discord, which normally only picks up on official news. Please keep that in mind as well. Thanks!

Eir
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's actually rather easy to predict dates for events.

First, check for leaks on twitch and such, there's even people kind enough to do that for you, like @BenevolentBowd and that very helpful website.

Second, check for competing releases. I was able to guess the date of this event due to New World's release - having an event running in an MMO is a great way to keep people from bleeding out to the new one, if only temporarily. I know I will be busy with the event even though I intend to try New World out (as I'd try any new game that seems interesting out, be it a MMO or not; people routinely talk about "ESO killers" but here we are, the IP is just too strong and the game too big for anything to kill it - and Blackwood has been the weakest chapter in my opinion thus far, but who cares, there's still plenty of stuff to do in the past ones, this is another reason why ESO won't die to other MMOs, stuff never gets obsolete).

Third, those based on real-world seasonal holidays are a no-brainer for obvious reasons (and thank god I only play this MMO now, holiday events were a nightmare when I played three... Halloween here, Halloween there, Halloween everywhere, because I needed my costumes and stuff). Clearly not the case with this one, just wanted to rant about how daunting seasonal events spread over multiple games can be.
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should consider an ingame calendar (accessible through ingame menu) in which you enter all relevant dates like updates and events.
    You can check how it can be done in Star Trek Online. It works great there.
    See also
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/74wfq9/ingame_calendar_broke/

It's not the best example but gives a good impression. Was too lazy to find a better one.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has not seen this linked here anywhere yet but they posted an article:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60931

Will Blackwood be on sale at all during the event? Thinking of a couple of guildies who do not have it yet.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link, Santie Claws! 30th Sept through 12th Oct, and I've already got the Pathfinder on both accounts, both servers!
    Edited by Sylvermynx on September 27, 2021 3:03PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, Santie Claws! 30th Sept through 12th Oct, and I've already got the Pathfinder on both accounts, both servers!

Fyi this time around they're counting Pathfinder per character, not just account!
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one she knows she has the pathfinder achievement but will be checking all of her 17 apprentices to make sure they get it too!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nord_Raseri - thanks! I didn't read that far - their website does NOT like my mouse, refuses to scroll down, have to move the scrollbar using the bottom arrow, so annoying....

So yes, I'll be spending some time on alts as well!
    Edited by Sylvermynx on September 27, 2021 3:21PM
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    So if we have the Pathfinder already on our character, does that mean we can not contribute to the totals?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did see that they're going to update the meter on the first day with the total already obtained.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Are there any plans to fix the xbox issue so people on xbox can participate in event , cause in current state 1 to 2 dc every 15 to 20 mins is ridiculous
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    Jarrods32 wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Are there any plans to fix the xbox issue so people on xbox can participate in event , cause in current state 1 to 2 dc every 15 to 20 mins is ridiculous

This absolutely needs to be addressed

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno