The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

In-game mail?

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
Is the in-game mail system not working?
For some reason, whenever I try to send mail I get a message that says "You cannot communicate with other players" - I get the message on both the EU and US servers. I just can't figure out why.
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    Is the in-game mail system not working?
    For some reason, whenever I try to send mail I get a message that says "You cannot communicate with other players" - I get the message on both the EU and US servers. I just can't figure out why.

Check your Xbox privacy settings (it inherits a lot from that).
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not my privacy settings, they haven't changed since the last time I used in-game mail, and it worked fine then.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, do people need to be "friends" on XB in order to send mail? I'll try that...
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That fixed it.. :)
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* No it didn't fix it. While initially I couldn't send any mail until I added them to my XB friends, now they're not receiving the mail and it keeps being returned to me. Submitted a ticket.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @robwolf666. Keep us posted on the ticket. If you don't hear back in the next day or two, feel free to ping me and pass along the ticket number. I can check then.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind... after a bit of brainstorming, I definitely fixed the problem - tested it to be sure. Turns out I needed to change the privacy settings on my kids account so she could receive mail. Weird that I can't send messages to my own kid, but whatever, lol. Now I just need to remember what those settings are, but change them back for now.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    they broke the *** out of the game last patch. I haven't had your problem but I crash so frequently that using mail isn't really even an option.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the continued updates and letting us know what has resolved the issue. We will now be closing the discussion since the OP resolved their issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.