The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magsorc. How do you like the new sets? Which ones are you using?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all. Playing a magsorc and have enough pieces for a full set of Dark Convergence and Hrothgar's. I heard in chat last night that both proc off of each other.

Fellow Magsorcs which combination of sets are you using and do you like it? Are you using both the DC and Hrothgars?

I'm thinking of DC + VD and Balorgs as an experiment.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm personally still running the same setup as last patch right now. Not sure if I will add in a proc yet.

But I really do want to try a pairing of DC and Vicious Death for a mag sorc. Having the ability to chain deaths from both procs seems interesting.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I'm personally still running the same setup as last patch right now. Not sure if I will add in a proc yet.

But I really do want to try a pairing of DC and Vicious Death for a mag sorc. Having the ability to chain deaths from both procs seems interesting.

Yeah it's something else, one of our better players nearly wiped a whole scroll shrine defense with it the other day. Not sure it will stay so powerful once all learn how to adjust to Convergence.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard it's in the rotation. I'm going to try it tonight. I already have a set of VD. I'll come back here and post how it goes.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar is good on every build, can't go wrong with it. Just more burst combo with curse and frags.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Dark Convergence + Vicious Death + Malacath + Balorgh on my Magsorc and it's brutal. You do depend a bit on the situation in Cyrodiil, as you need big fat groups for it to really shine, but once the zerg comes knocking on some keep doors, you can kill a ton of players.

Still trying to figure out a more single target-oriented build though.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Dark Convergence + Vicious Death + Malacath + Balorgh on my Magsorc and it's brutal. You do depend a bit on the situation in Cyrodiil, as you need big fat groups for it to really shine, but once the zerg comes knocking on some keep doors, you can kill a ton of players.

I wasn't able to log on last night. ISP was down for hours. What skill are you using to proc? I have all those sets luckily!
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on September 16, 2021 9:29PM
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't able to log on last night. ISP was down for hours. What skill are you using to proc? I have all those sets luckily!

I am using Scalding Rune, and Destro Ulti (ice staff) when it is up. Most people will recommend Daedric Tomb to proc, but I find the skill a bit clunky as it's harder to aim well (the proc will spawn on one of the mines instead of at the center). You can also use Negate to proc, so it's up to your taste in the end.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am using Scalding Rune, and Destro Ulti (ice staff) when it is up. Most people will recommend Daedric Tomb to proc, but I find the skill a bit clunky as it's harder to aim well (the proc will spawn on one of the mines instead of at the center). You can also use Negate to proc, so it's up to your taste in the end.

I put a build of VD and DC together tonight and ran a handful of BGs. Used scalding rune as well. It just felt better and it is cheaper. But honestly, wasn't feeling it at all. Losing a front bar slot for a ground aoe and dropping fury was tough in securing kills even with DC. I eventually dropped streak altogether and put fury back on and it was slightly better at the cost of mobility. And VD was les useful than I'd hoped. Maybe in cyrodil with more players to proc it on. Mostly though, players just got out of the proc.

And as far as ground aoes and DC, I found when I procced it with meteor it was usually the best combo that got the most kills.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK’s are getting away with it again. I’m sorry but these new sets on a magsorc will only work against potatoes.

The new MagDK cheese is corrosive ult+ scalding rune+ elemental ring. Dark convergence + vicious death.

The corrosive ult is the reason why some of you guys are getting hit with 15k-25k DC and Hrothgar. Forget about battlespirit mitigation.

Prove me right? Go ahead and EMP one of your top magdk’s and tell them to run that setup with corrosive. It will be total annihilation, whatever they hit.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePianist wrote: »
    MagDK’s are getting away with it again. I’m sorry but these new sets on a magsorc will only work against potatoes.

The new MagDK cheese is corrosive ult+ scalding rune+ elemental ring. Dark convergence + vicious death.

The corrosive ult is the reason why some of you guys are getting hit with 15k-25k DC and Hrothgar. Forget about battlespirit mitigation.

Prove me right? Go ahead and EMP one of your top magdk’s and tell them to run that setup with corrosive. It will be total annihilation, whatever they hit.

I don't think so, I don't think Corrosive alone is responsible for some of the numbers out there. At most if you have 0 Pen without Corrosive you're getting an additional 50% Damage, right?

Edited by Urzigurumash on September 18, 2021 10:14PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got me DC and VD setup together and ran it with Balrogs.I tried using mines but didn't encounter large enough groups. It did hit fairly well when there was a good pile up. I did not try ice comet or suppression field however. But one on one or two it sucked the big one. I went back to my normal Mag sorc which is just massive mana pool.

I'm considering trying Hrothgar tonight though, I have almost a full setup to give that a whirl. I'll try procing with Ice Comment or Suppression field. Mostly just more for the zerg fests that happen sometimes.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I put a build of VD and DC together tonight and ran a handful of BGs. Used scalding rune as well. It just felt better and it is cheaper. But honestly, wasn't feeling it at all. Losing a front bar slot for a ground aoe and dropping fury was tough in securing kills even with DC. I eventually dropped streak altogether and put fury back on and it was slightly better at the cost of mobility. And VD was les useful than I'd hoped. Maybe in cyrodil with more players to proc it on. Mostly though, players just got out of the proc.

And as far as ground aoes and DC, I found when I procced it with meteor it was usually the best combo that got the most kills.

Yeah I probably wouldn't run this in a Battleground. I play it more like a traditional bomber build, in that I only use it when one or more alliances are pop-locked and my alliance is being pushed. Like with regular bombing, if you drop it on a group in which every player is aware/prepared for an attack, it likely won't do much, so you kind of need the chaos of a zerg or the element of surprise to get the big kills. Like during prolonged sieges where players have to funnel through narrow paths, you can create a proper massacre, but when playing during off-hours I play something more akin to a traditional Magsorc set-up.

I tried using Meteor on day 1 when I didn't yet have a destro staff, but especially in the open spaces of Cyrodiil I don't like it for this purpose as it only procs DC on impact, and that gives more aware players ample time to move away from their group.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC + VD feels like overkill. I'd pair Dark Convergence with Chudan + Rattlecage jewels / weps. I mean, why have to press more than one button....
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried out Hrothgar on my Magsorc in BGs the other day, after it was nerfed. Not really anything exciting and my max mag build just outperforms it.

I've kept the reconstructed sets of DC and Hrothgar on me to try out in Cyrodil this weekend. I don't expect much from Hrothgar, but I think DC might be better in that environment for sieges and dropping aoe on rams and breaches.

But mostly, I am running the same setup I have run for the last like 8 months or so. The max mag stack with death dealers is just too good. Next patch though, that light attack augmenting mythic looks very interesting for its synergy with ele weapon and overload. Very interesting...