The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Quest bombardment in Starter Zone city

usula
usula
✭✭
I recently statrted playing ESO on Xbox and had played this game before on PC and PS4. I decided to chose ESO plus to give me a better start with inventory. I really also wanted to just play through the initial questlines before exploring any new zones created over the years. However, when my character finally arrived at her starting city, I was literally bombarded with quest markers and quest givers popping out at every turn. Most of these were quest givers for new DLC yest their markers are not really distinguished from other quest givers in that zone. In my case Daggerfall was the starting zone yet to was very difficult to pick the quests just for that area’s main quests. After playing a couple of days confusing days this way, I would like to make some suggestions.
1. Distinguish the prologue quests for other zones/DLC differently - every marker is the same and often times you cannot figure it out until you accept the quest. Why not have these quest be different markets ir colors when not fir current zone?
2. Organize the quest givers for different zones /new DLC in a separate area so as not to confuse the new player
3. Make the quest journal larger to accomodate the hundreds of starting quests in the starter zones. 25 quests fills up quckly and a new player is forced into journal management from the get go.You need to constantly abandon quests in order to go back to the original quest you were tracking. It is very overwhelming for new player to start off this way.
4. Why not have an option a player can enable in order to filter out only the main zone story quests and quest related to the current zone? I play on Xbox and we don’t have the option of convenient add-ons
5. After retuning to the game a few years later, I am amazed that nothing has been done with journal management when so much new content has been introduced.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We've been harping about this for ages, sorry it soured your experience! Check the link in my signature if you need help figuring out what's what. Good luck!
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turn off Quest Giver Icons in the interface options on my alts otherwise I lose track of who/what/where/when I was doing. and I play with volume low so Stuga and her ilk don't annoy me that much
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    It would be enough not to see atleast certain quests - they could be left in more appropriate places - like places to live is next to horses, writs, banks and morrowind starting quest is next to every inkeeper - could it would just the main city?
    But I dont think they will bother, I don't know who is the kind of person who will get them change stafff - I was always wondering about it in MMOs - better not think about it :(
    EDIT:
    I realised that this comment may sound the way I didn't want to - truth is ESO does have a lot of annoying staff fixed or made better, so there is less of those things than in usual MMO (like their devs would play their game :p) - it was more about general MMO experience.
    Edited by Mandragora on September 25, 2021 9:35AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!