Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My fix for playability on macbook pro

Domminust
Domminust
Hi after doing research and playing around with my settings, I thought I would post what is working for me.

I'm running:
Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

The game runs almost perfectly smooth for me no crashes with the following settings:

resolution: 640x480
Windowed mode: this makes the lowered resolution almost un noticeable
vertical sync: off
anti-aliasing: off
Graphics Quality: Medium

everything else on low and off for shadow and water.

You can switch the subsampling quality between medium and low for better graphic quality and not too much cpu usage. I usually play with it on Low and turn it up sometimes.

I also use a memory manager, I use memory booster ram optimizer from the apple store.
Lastly iBoostUp is a good app for managing storage.

This works for me and I haven't had any more crashes :) however computer gets quite hot after a while ;). If you DO freeze, then: command + option + shift + escape will close ESO.

I also think if you have a similar computer and upgrade your ram or to a solid state, the game will run no problem.

good luck!
Edited by Domminust on April 25, 2014 8:34PM
@Domminust
<Liberalis Circulum> "Their origin is shrouded in the mists of history, but since time immemorial they have moved among us, searching for truth and bringing light unto the darkness. 360+ member RP-PVP-PVE Assassin/Thief/Cult/Military/Knight Trading Guild. All are welcome.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting these details for a lower end Mac @Domminust. Just shows that tweaking can get it going OK. Only thing I would advise is to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8GB would make some difference and not too expensive now but it's a personal call ;)
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    Just a note: when you switch to windowed mode, the game resolution is changed to your native resolution.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    LavaDrop wrote: »
    Just a note: when you switch to windowed mode, the game resolution is changed to your native resolution.
    I did ask about this a while ago and apparently it uses the window size (resolution) and is not actually Retina so I think 72DPI. I don't have a MBP to check directly.
  • Domminust
    Domminust
    Hmm yea I guess you are right, for me windowed seems to play a little better though.
    @Domminust
    <Liberalis Circulum> "Their origin is shrouded in the mists of history, but since time immemorial they have moved among us, searching for truth and bringing light unto the darkness. 360+ member RP-PVP-PVE Assassin/Thief/Cult/Military/Knight Trading Guild. All are welcome.
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    Yeah sorry, what I meant is the window is native resolution while the contents are scaled. I don't think you are playing in a 640x480 window, it would be too small. On the other hand, I don't know why but on my iMac, fullscreen is much better than windowed. If you want to be more thorough Domminust, enter this in the chat window: /fps
    It'll show a frame counter on the top left of your screen.
    Edited by LavaDrop on April 27, 2014 10:48PM
  • Domminust
    Domminust
    Ok, thanks. Yes actually full screen with a little less resolution is the best. Also I have removed shadow from my computer and lowered the native resolution. Playing well. :) thx for the replies all.
    @Domminust
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domminust wrote: »
    Ok, thanks. Yes actually full screen with a little less resolution is the best. Also I have removed shadow from my computer and lowered the native resolution. Playing well. :) thx for the replies all.
    Glad you found the right balance and it's working better for you ;)