The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Launcher cut in half

Solantris
Solantris
✭✭✭
Hi all

Random bug I seem to be having. When I launch the game the launcher stays open, but weirdly half of it is missing. It's just gone. I can't move it andI can only close it from task manager. I'm not really understanding where this issue comes from. Is there something up with my launcher or is this something up with my PC?

TIA :D
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 23, 2021 5:04PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My launcher isn't cut in half, but since the last patch, it never closes on its own. When I log off, I always have to close the launcher using task manager (Windows).

To clarify: I logoff, I then go to the launcher and click the X button to close it. The UI disappears, but the icon remains in my taskbar and the only way to get rid of it is to close the launcher via Task Manager. Before the patch, closing the launcher by pressing X actually closed (terminated) the launcher.

Edited by AzuraFan on September 21, 2021 3:00PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Vianca

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing with the launcher?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    When will Bethesda finally fix the problem of the laucher not closing?

And don't let them say that Windows is responsible, because I have followed Microsoft's guidelines regarding this problem. It's the game that is responsible and it's too easy to put the blame on someone else.....
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an area on the titlebar of the launcher that lets you drag the broken part of the windo to the right an inch or so - revealing a 'new' fresh set of the 3 icons to config/minimize/close the launcher window.

Use the new ones to close the launcher.

It's a PITA bug, but generally only happens to me if I forget and leave the launcher window open, and then come back to it approx an hour+ later.

Hopefully they fix it this time around, but I'm not going to hold my breath on any particular bug(s) anymore.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.