The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dropping to dashboard during loading screens

TwinStripeUK
TwinStripeUK
✭✭✭
Since yesterday's patch (September 22nd), I've had an issue where transitioning between load areas quits the game and drops me back to the dashboard.

No warning, no 'buzzing', just a black screen and then back to the dashboard.

It doesn't happen for all areas, or at every loading screen, but so far I've had it happen at the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary, the Thieves Guild safehouse, in Shadowfen and in Grahtwood.

It's particularly grating because I'm now used to not even being able to take a bite of a sandwich while travelling between zones thanks to the SSD speeds on the Series X. Instead, I now keep having to relaunch the game and try again each time.

I tried the usual - clearing the saved data and restarting the console to clear any cache, but it's still happening.

Anyone else having this problem?
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I've had this happen 8 times in total. I'm on Xbox Series X.

7 times when in a loading screen (wayshrining from one location to another or trying to load into a character). The other time I was just riding my horse through a town and randomly dashboarded.
  • GhostwheelGames
    GhostwheelGames
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having the same issue since last night.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TwinStripeUK

Have you tried a complete reinstall of ESO on your console to help with this crash?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @TwinStripeUK

Have you tried a complete reinstall of ESO on your console to help with this crash?

Please tell me you didn't just ask me to do a download and complete reinstall of a 90GB (+DLCs) game in order to fix an issue which wasn't happening until you issued a patch yesterday?

Especially when ZOS are already aware of problems with their Xbox patches https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/587042/known-issue-xbox-series-x-s-patch-sizes#latest

and that more than one person is affected?

Because that really would push me over the edge....

• D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    Since yesterdays patch our Raid Team has encountered several crashes during gameplay, and during the load screens. Crashes occur during combat, character select screen, et cetera, at complete random - the game just shuts down and throws you to the Xbox Dashboard.

e.g. last night vCR the game kept crashing every 20-30min for people with new Series X - running new Enhanced Version of ESO.

I know at least about 10 people affected by the issue, so this is widespread problem.

Personally I've tried re-installing the game but the game still crashes. We've tried turning off various visual settings like HDR, but the game still keeps crashing.

Before the latest patch the game just crashed occassionally in loading screen, not during gameplay.
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    I have crashed several times already tonight. I have friends who crash every 5-10 mins, especially in Cyrodiil. Few groups I play in are planning to stop ESO Plus subscription until the issue is fixed and people are compensated for game that is pratically unplayable in endgame at any reliable sense (raids, etc).

I know there's already thread where they say it's been investigated, but just wanted to FYI.
    (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7399713/#Comment_7399713)
  • IceWhiteScarab
    IceWhiteScarab
    Soul Shriven
    I literally can't even play. Whenever I attempt to load my character, it just crashes back to the dashboard. Other characters are fine. But I never use them. I've done it all, power cycle, fresh install, nothing works. But I guess I just can't play until there's a fix.
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    I literally can't even play. Whenever I attempt to load my character, it just crashes back to the dashboard. Other characters are fine. But I never use them. I've done it all, power cycle, fresh install, nothing works. But I guess I just can't play until there's a fix.

Is that the case on all characters? I had that about a two years ago on the old Xbox models, and it turned out that if I could get one character to load, I could get another to load afterward as long as I didn't quit the game entirely.

All I ended up doing was getting the 'problem' characters to load using the above, moving them to another location and then logging out of them, which seemed to fix it
  • derpymcsquirtle
    Never had a single crash on series X up until the most recent update now I get random crashes to dashboard & am usually lucky to get an hours play without a crash at all…even happened earlier & I was literally just stood in Blackwood afk.I’m hoping they look into this ASAP as it’s becoming a absolutely pain and some of my friends have even quit for the time being until this is fixed.
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having frequent crashes on xbox s since last weeks patch - always when going to a loading screen
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the weird thing - I got a good solid three hours of play yesterday in a single session.

No drops, no errors, no delays, just some good fun gameplay.

Fire the console up this morning before work to get my login reward and it dumps me back to dashboard before even getting to the character screen, then boots up fine!
  • azurskye
    azurskye
    Same as above and fix it already plz & thanks.