Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[ANSWERED] New Multi-Rider Mount gameplay setting?

Maitsukas
Maitsukas
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed in the gameplay settings a new option:
Companion Passenger Preference
Options:
  • Always
  • Never
  • Not in group
Description
Controls when your companion rides on your multi-rider mount when you mount up on one.

That seems to be impossible to test with no access to those mounts, but are they eventually going to be available and if so, is the false ban bug caused by this mount type fixed?
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
Edited by Psiion on July 14, 2022 7:04PM
PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.

Best Answer

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @Maitsukas. Thanks for the question. Currently, we do not have a definite timeline on when multi-rider mounts will be available. We will clarify while the Companion Passenger Preference Options is present on the PTS in preparation for multi-rider mounts, there is no way to test it right now as multi-rider mounts are not currently available. When we have an update regarding multi-rider mounts, we'll provide an update with that information. Thanks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know they are still in development at least.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has an obscure question.

If you choose the multi mount for your companion mount can then your companion bring another companion along for the ride?

Or can one of your friends use Bastian as a chauffeur? Or can this one use Bastian as a chauffeur and sit back while Tamriel breezes by?

Or if you have a companion do they always choose your multi mount rather than their own mount, multi mount or otherwise?

Can we have boat multi mounts for lazy days drifting down rivers?

Please also assure this one there will never be a khajiitbus.

Well it was more than one question - but joined by a common theme yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have boat multi mounts for lazy days drifting down rivers?
    I'd like my own silt strider...
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Mirri drive while I shoot oooooor?
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ninja res. But noticed the option in my menu today. Ps4 eu. Have i missed an update?
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »
    Ninja res. But noticed the option in my menu today. Ps4 eu. Have i missed an update?

This was added to the game with Update 32/Deadlands, currently we don't have an idea how it works as multi-rider mounts are unobtainable.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if we even had a taxi carriage NPC to drive this one around like in red dead revolver...
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

This was added to the game with Update 32/Deadlands, currently we don't have an idea how it works as multi-rider mounts are unobtainable.

Ok ty. I am aware of the multi rider mount flaws hence they never made it to live.

Was just wondering if they had some clue to an eta hence adding the option in the options.

Was thinking it was either they were planning a release or it was incidental slip through from the programmers.

The latter being most likely imo.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

Ok ty. I am aware of the multi rider mount flaws hence they never made it to live.

Was just wondering if they had some clue to an eta hence adding the option in the options.

Was thinking it was either they were planning a release or it was incidental slip through from the programmers.

The latter being most likely imo.

This function was properly teased in the recent Global Reveal stream, making it's way for testing on PTS today.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

• Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

At the request of the OP and the fact the information within is now no longer relevant, we have closed this thread down. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.