The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS Do not touch Mist form!

Sergg007
Sergg007
✭✭✭✭
Stop bullying us!
Edited by Sergg007 on September 21, 2021 6:11PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best way to go about this, but I do agree completely removing it's damage mitigation completely from NPCs attacks is short sighted. It would have been one thing to nerf it but this complete removal feels more like a punishment, especially when you hear their reasoning and how they talk about it. Nerfing the damage mitigation or designing the content to work around the ability is a better way of going about it than outright removal from the vast majority of the game. It costs too much to be worth the stun and immobilization immunity in PvE, the stage 2 passive doesn't last long enough to make Mistform a viable option of procing it, and you can't sprint in Mistform making it double worthless in PvE as it's slowing you down! So much for a "disengagement" ability. Elusive Mist is slower than sprinting to.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    why don't you let us play the way we want? Stop constantly changing the rules, this is terribly annoying! I'm tired of changing the build every time and adjusting again [snip]

[edited for rude commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on September 21, 2021 9:00PM
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    I set up this [snip], waste a lot of time, and then you screw up all my efforts! Soon you will lose your most loyal fans! Look at the forum, how much disappointment here.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 11:08AM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why ZoS are chaining mist form? Because of PvE tanking. Maybe ZoS just can make mist form to drop agro?
    Because I can!
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made my build based on mist form and now they flushed it down the toilet. And this has happened many times already with many builds. My patience has run out
  • DestroyerPewnack
    DestroyerPewnack
    ✭✭✭✭
    What gets me is the crit damage cap. It doesn't affect me in the slightest, but it kills me how it feels like zos is acting like they're just polishing what is otherwise a perfect game in need of minor tweaks, when in reality, it's a sinking ship.

They completely destroyed Mechanical Acuity. They're making it so proc sets can crit, even though they used to do that, and they changed it because it was a problem. It will become a problem again, and there will be a patch in the future where proc sets won't crit anymore.

They introduced a patch that linked proc potency to your weapon/spell damage as a nerf, then went ahead and introduced some of the most broken proc sets this game has ever seen, and now they're about to nerf them to the ground. They have no idea what they're doing.
  • msmcmillan
    msmcmillan
    Soul Shriven
    [snip] They didn't even think about Mist form until the Rockgrove trial. Many content creators suggest the Blood Mist vampire skill because there is no other way to defeat certain bosses. Instead of fixing the trial, we are being punished for a vampire skill.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 22, 2021 1:48PM
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still important to me! were there any answers from ZOS?
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is done, and will go live. There have been weeks of the change on PTS and time to add thoughts without the need for a last minute yell on the forums with no kind of argument.

I don't agree with the mist form change and I think is should still have had some kind of use in a PVE environment. As it stands, there is precious little reason to be a vampire now(apart from niche uses I am not mentioning). The whole vampire changes (and the push to showcase the 'New Improved Vampire', have been rendered kind of moot, with the new form of vamp being less useful than the original form.

I have no idea how vRG will go now, which was probably the primary use for mistform. The damage reduction on Bahsei still leaves you with a hell of a lot of incoming damage. I guess time will tell.

I do strongly wish that they would not nerf things in to oblivion when they struggle to fix things. Making something useless, is not a fix, it is the easy way out. It is why we will not longer have the soft taunts we had, why stranglers are a distant memory and why I will be reverting all my tanks back off Vamp this patch.

it does seem to be a recurrent theme that is is easy to remove than fix. It does not make the player experience better, or more fun.. This is a game, right? Fun? Players paying to have fun?
    Edited by pklemming on October 30, 2021 11:19AM