The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Backlog of Hireling mail forced into Inventory & Disconnections due to "Server Spam".

VaxtinTheWolf
VaxtinTheWolf
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't have a lot of inventory space to deal with the Rewards of the Worthy we got last month so I was avoiding it, I really depend on the ESO+ TRIALS that should happen after large events to keep my inventory spacious and the game itself playable. I finally decided to sacrifice one character I wasn't currently playing to clear out some mail but when I did, the massive backlog of hireling mail that was filtered in forced its way into my inventory whenever I opened the Mail UI, without being manually accepted. The video just shows a little bit of the issue being dealt with but I eventually figured out that waiting 5 or more minutes between checking my mail kept the server from booting me, so this process of clearing out it all out took me a little over an hour to sort out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLlz_z3vPA&ab_channel=Vaxtin
|| AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
|| DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
|| EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's writ crafter new feature I guess, disable it in add-ons options.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @colossalvoids

I checked minion got the changelog on that addon, and it id indeed a somewhat recent feature. I keep them all updated maybe weekly but don't really go through them individually to see those adjustments or additions. I will certainly be turning that off, and I'm not sure why that'd be wanted by default. I share a guild with them so if I notice them I may mention this as well.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for clarifying here @colossalvoids. Much appreciated!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally love the new change. But, the Writ Crafter addon team probably should have done a better job of announcing and highlighting this change as many people might not like their mail being automagically looted into their inventory. Also, for something like this off by default would have probably been the best place to start. Like I said I love this option and it will encourage me to have hirelings on more alts, but I think many people, if not most people, do not like new unannounced stealth automations.

Ahh hell, now my agent orange is acting up and my tin foil hat is getting tight...could someone create a change in an addon that would auto forward hireling mail or pull stuff from a persons bank and send as mail?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @colossalvoids

I checked minion got the changelog on that addon, and it id indeed a somewhat recent feature. I keep them all updated maybe weekly but don't really go through them individually to see those adjustments or additions. I will certainly be turning that off, and I'm not sure why that'd be wanted by default. I share a guild with them so if I notice them I may mention this as well.

Yeah that's pretty strange one to be on default, half the times I was booted for "spamming" because of that so looking forward at least for ability to adjust the speeds how it claims the mail. Or a specific button for a claim/delete all would be a godsent (aedrasent?) here.