The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

F menu = 'not a valid target'

karliahquinn
karliahquinn
✭✭✭
Hello, does anyone know which addon is causing a bug where the circular menu for interacting with other players is broken? For the last few months I have not been able to create interactions with other players (trade, duel etc) only receive them. Whenever another player is in my field of vision I just see (F) and bringing up the wheel and choosing an option just results in, "not a valid target". It happened after the Blackwood update. I'm hoping to avoid uninstalling addons one by one as I have a lot!
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you happen to run Shissu's Guild Tools? Disabling Shissu's Blacklist fixed the targeting menu for me.
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Lariana wrote: »
    Do you happen to run Shissu's Guild Tools? Disabling Shissu's Blacklist fixed the targeting menu for me.

I do! Tysm for the heads up, I'll try disabling it after maintenance :)
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy to help!
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, it didn't work :/
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try disabling SGT entirely and see if that fixes it? Then you can turn on the modules individually to see which one was causing the issue.
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe try disabling SGT entirely and see if that fixes it? Then you can turn on the modules individually to see which one was causing the issue.

Disabling it altogether worked! Tyvm :)
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭

For me it was Shissu's player observation! Thank you for starting me on this hunt! You really narrowed it down for me :smile:
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good way to test which addon casues something is installing "Addon Selector".
    It can save profiles of the enabled addons so you are able to easily switch and get back to before enbaled addons (e.g. PvP, PVE, Quest, Trade, Guild stuff etc.)
    It also speeds up loading times as you can easily swithc the saved pack/profile so that guild addons are not enabled if you only run around farming items, or doing dungeons. Each addon enabled will slow down the loading screens a bit. And if e.g. MasterMerchant or LibHistoire with it's big SavedVariables files are used it's way slower than without them!

You can then save your profile like "_BEFORE TEST" (start with _ or ! so it is one of the firsts in the list of saved profiles/packs) and disable the lower half of the addons enabled.
    You can e.g. left click on the first enabled addon in the pack, then scroll down to the half and press SHIFT + left click on the addon there. The list now should disable all addons which are enabeld between the first and 2nd clicked addons! Same for enabling again.

This way you can mass-disable/enable the addons, cutting the total enabled list into "half" and then again the half f that half and so on until you find out that the error is gone. After that go on with smaller portions within the left-over enabled addons to track it down to the addon(s) causing it.

btw: Votans Addon List is a nice addon to help you automatically enabling needed libraries for addons. If you e.g. click on "FCO Companion" it will autoamtically check which dependencies are needed and enable LibAddonMenu-2.0 for you too.
  • Yoshihito
    Yoshihito
    ✭✭
    For anyone looking for a better answer to this, the exact Shissu's addon causing issues is Shissu's Player Observation. It's the one that replaced Blacklist 1 and 2.