The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good job on the new sets for update 32

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
New Item Sets
Crafted
Wretched Vitality
2 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
5 – While in combat, applying a Major Buff or Debuff to a target grants you 260 Magicka and Stamina Recovery for 15 seconds. While in combat, applying a Minor Buff or Debuff to a target grants you 130 Magicka and Stamina Recovery for 15 seconds.
Deadlands Demolisher
2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
3 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
5 – Your Bash attacks deal 935 more damage. When you Bash, you also deal Physical Damage in a cone in front of you, interrupting any enemies hit. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds and counts as Bash damage.
Iron Flask
2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
4 – Adds 1487 Armor
5 – When you drink a potion while in combat, reduce your damage taken by 12% for 20 seconds.
Overland
Eye of the Grasp (Light)
2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
4 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
5 – When you deal Critical Damage, generate 7 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
Hexos’ Ward (Medium)
2 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
5 – Dealing Critical Damage with a direct damage ability grants you a damage shield that absorbs 8177 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
Kynmarcher’s Cruelty (Heavy)
4 – Adds 1487 Armor
5 – When you deal direct damage, you apply one of 5 random Major Debuffs to enemies within 8 meters of you for 18 seconds. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds and only if an enemy is in range. Eligible debuffs are Major Breach, Major Cowardice, Major Defile, Major Maim, and Major Vulnerability.

I like these kinds of sets. They provide buffs but not for free, and they don't heal or do damage for free either. These are sets that I rely on me to get the most out of and they give me more options to theory craft. I can be creative and rely on my own skill gained through practice. Well done. 👏 👏 👏
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iron Flask is interesting for sure. That could fit pretty well with Clever Alchemist for a setup that provides damage and defense everytime your potion cooldown ends.

Eye of the Grasp is actually less than Minor Heroism, at 1.4 ult per second. I guess it could be stacked with Major and Minor heroism, so you could make a pretty substantial Ult gen build with it. And somewhere around 3 ult per second from the set and something like Shalks + 1 a second from decisive would be interesting. Would have to see.

Wretched Vitality is just a more complicated Amber Plasm.

Everything else seems a little weak imo. The 8K damage shield every 6 seconds would be ok if that value isn't capped in PVP, essentially giving you a 3.5K shield or so at best. And even at 8K, most light attack spammable combos would burn that in the first second it procced.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Iron Flask is interesting for sure. That could fit pretty well with Clever Alchemist for a setup that provides damage and defense everytime your potion cooldown ends.

Eye of the Grasp is actually less than Minor Heroism, at 1.4 ult per second. I guess it could be stacked with Major and Minor heroism, so you could make a pretty substantial Ult gen build with it. And somewhere around 3 ult per second from the set and something like Shalks + 1 a second from decisive would be interesting. Would have to see.

Everything else seems a little weak imo. The 8K damage shield every 6 seconds would be ok if that value isn't capped in PVP, essentially giving you a 3.5K shield or so at best. And even at 8K, most light attack spammable combos would burn that in the first second it procced.

I think that the new set actually sets in between Minor and Major Heroism in terms of ult/second.

Minor is 0.67 and Major is 2.0. Though you can bump those values up with the Decisive trait where Grasp would not benefit nearly as much since it ticks far less frequently.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that the new set actually sets in between Minor and Major Heroism in terms of ult/second.

Minor is 0.67 and Major is 2.0. Though you can bump those values up with the Decisive trait where Grasp would not benefit nearly as much since it ticks far less frequently.

Ah yeah, wrong math for Minor. So it is better than minor. So maybe not too bad in that regard.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wretched Vitality is a sleeper. If I understand correctly something like your armor buff (Major Resolve) and Race Against Time (Minor Force) will proc both parts of the set. 390 magicka and stamina is a lot. This replaces Eternal Vigor. I'm sure my stamsorc will love it, e.g. if Hurricane activates both parts of the set (Major Resolve + Minor Expedition). Look at the proc time. 15s. It's like it was made for stamsorc! Neither Shacklebreaker nor Eternal Vigor nor Amber Plasm are back barrable. This looks like it might be. If it is, then this might turn out very powerful indeed.
    Edited by fred4 on September 20, 2021 7:30PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Wretched Vitality is a sleeper. If I understand correctly something like your armor buff (Major Resolve) and Race Against Time (Minor Force) will proc both parts of the set. 390 magicka and stamina is a lot. This replaces Eternal Vigor. I'm sure my stamsorc will love it, e.g. if Hurricane activates both parts of the set (Major Resolve + Minor Expedition). Look at the proc time. 15s. It's like it was made for stamsorcs!

But for 100 less recovery you can run Amberplasm and not have to worry about casting specific skills to gain recovery.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wretched Vitality is a sleeper. If I understand correctly something like your armor buff (Major Resolve) and Race Against Time (Minor Force) will proc both parts of the set. 390 magicka and stamina is a lot. This replaces Eternal Vigor. I'm sure my stamsorc will love it, e.g. if Hurricane activates both parts of the set (Major Resolve + Minor Expedition). Look at the proc time. 15s. It's like it was made for stamsorcs!

But for 100 less recovery you can run Amberplasm and not have to worry about casting specific skills to gain recovery.

Class-specific but if the combo that they identified works as described then there's no reason not to use it as a StamSorc (when compared to Amber Plasm). And the ability to back-bar a set is huge for build flexibility.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you don't know how valuable back barring a set is, if you don't keep up your Hurricane 100% in PvP, and if you don't know how valuable magicka sustain is for a Dark Dealing and Streaking stamsorc, then you have much to learn, young padawan.
    Edited by fred4 on September 20, 2021 7:58PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't that shield stack with ice heart though?
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of these sets look great!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't that shield stack with ice heart though?

It could. But how many set bonus shield sets do you really want to run on a build?
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really happy to see iron flask, as I am raising alchemy themed character, argonian nightblade, and was struggling to pick other set to pair with alchemist, and using infused potion speed just for that would be a loss, as wep dmg ghlyph would give more constant dmg.
    With these two this build would at least make some sense. Won't be good, but whatever.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new mythics have thoughtful mechanics. It's really interesting to have stuff like that.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Really happy to see iron flask, as I am raising alchemy themed character, argonian nightblade, and was struggling to pick other set to pair with alchemist, and using infused potion speed just for that would be a loss, as wep dmg ghlyph would give more constant dmg.
    With these two this build would at least make some sense. Won't be good, but whatever.

That's the spirit!
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New Item Sets
    Crafted
    Wretched Vitality
    5 – While in combat, applying a Major Buff or Debuff to a target grants you 260 Magicka and Stamina Recovery for 15 seconds. While in combat, applying a Minor Buff or Debuff to a target grants you 130 Magicka and Stamina Recovery for 15 seconds.
    Deadlands Demolisher
    5 – Your Bash attacks deal 935 more damage. When you Bash, you also deal Physical Damage in a cone in front of you, interrupting any enemies hit. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds and counts as Bash damage.
    Iron Flask
    4 – Adds 1487 Armor
    5 – When you drink a potion while in combat, reduce your damage taken by 12% for 20 seconds.
    Overland
    Eye of the Grasp (Light)
    5 – When you deal Critical Damage, generate 7 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
    Hexos’ Ward (Medium)
    5 – Dealing Critical Damage with a direct damage ability grants you a damage shield that absorbs 8177 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    4 – Adds 1487 Armor
    5 – When you deal direct damage, you apply one of 5 random Major Debuffs to enemies within 8 meters of you for 18 seconds. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds and only if an enemy is in range. Eligible debuffs are Major Breach, Major Cowardice, Major Defile, Major Maim, and Major Vulnerability.

I like these kinds of sets. They provide buffs but not for free, and they don't heal or do damage for free either. These are sets that I rely on me to get the most out of and they give me more options to theory craft. I can be creative and rely on my own skill gained through practice. Well done. 👏 👏 👏

What do you mean that these new sets "provide buffs but not for free?

These sets simply have proc conditions that activate from stuff we already do in combat:
    - Applying a major/minor buff/debuff
    - Drink a potion while in combat
    - Deal critical damage
    - Deal critical damage with a direct damage ability
    - Deal direct damage

Most of these proc conditions are common, so I don't really get the "rely[ing] on skill gained through practice" description. Seems like more of the same of what we already have with sets.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Item Sets
    Crafted
    Wretched Vitality
    Deadlands Demolisher
    Iron Flask
    4 – Adds 1487 Armor
    Overland
    Eye of the Grasp (Light)
    Hexos’ Ward (Medium)
    4 – Adds 1487 Armor

What do you mean that these new sets "provide buffs but not for free?

These sets simply have proc conditions that activate from stuff we already do in combat:
    - Applying a major/minor buff/debuff
    - Drink a potion while in combat
    - Deal critical damage
    - Deal critical damage with a direct damage ability
    - Deal direct damage

Most of these proc conditions are common, so I don't really get the "rely[ing] on skill gained through practice" description. Seems like more of the same of what we already have with sets.

You have to spend resources, use a consumable, and deal damage. Those things are not "free". And these sets don't do the work for you. You have to make the best of the buffs you are given. You don't just heavy attack and blow someone up for X amount of damage. Or heal for taking damage (which defeats the purpose of learning to avoid damage). No, what you get out of these is what you put in. I like that.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new mythics have thoughtful mechanics. It's really interesting to have stuff like that.

Really a shame that 3-piece bonus mythic is a ring, since most 3 piece sets are jewelry (except for trainee). Otherwise you could go 3 piece jewelry set, 3 piece-body-2-front 5 piece, 3 piece-body-piece-back 5 piece, and this mythic body. I already ran such configuration with gaze of sithis as mythic and it was alright.

Now I'm really struggling to think of getting same bonus otherwise. 3-piece set on front weapon+1 ring/neck, full body 5 piece, head/shoulder+last jewelry spot+bb weapon 5 piece? Sounds wonky.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deadlands Demolisher - Bringing BashCro back.

Overall, it looks like a lot of new, complicated conditions, cool downs for procs to further slow down the servers.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Really a shame that 3-piece bonus mythic is a ring, since most 3 piece sets are jewelry (except for trainee). Otherwise you could go 3 piece jewelry set, 3 piece-body-2-front 5 piece, 3 piece-body-piece-back 5 piece, and this mythic body. I already ran such configuration with gaze of sithis as mythic and it was alright.

Now I'm really struggling to think of getting same bonus otherwise. 3-piece set on front weapon+1 ring/neck, full body 5 piece, head/shoulder+last jewelry spot+bb weapon 5 piece? Sounds wonky.

Agility - 2x Weapons, 1x Jewelry
    5x Body
    Mythic - 1x Jewelry
    Trainee - 2x Head/Shoulder, 1x Jewelry
    Ability Altering Weapon - 2x weapon (Backbar)
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, with Iron Flask my potion master Argonian Alchemist will be full ;)
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    At least ironflask doesn't have stupid "in combat" restrictions or a cooldown that is higher than the potion cd. On a potion trigger that is really suboptimal.
    Edited by Kuratius on September 23, 2021 6:51AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »

What's the full build? As I am in the process of doing the same now, but kinda can't decide on certain things.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »

What's the full build? As I am in the process of doing the same now, but kinda can't decide on certain things.

It is more of a concept than full build i was experimenting some time ago on my Argonian DK.

Idea is simple - focus on massive bursts in short periods of times.

I was using Clever Alchemist for dmg buff, Balorgh for pen buff, Argonian for sustain buff & potions for immovability.

With glyphs of alchemy I was able to reduce cooldown of potion to 30 sec. so I had relatively good uptime on CA and decent uptime on immovable. With infused jewelry you could reduce it to 24 sec. to get better results but then you will lose almost 1k of dmg from Bloodthirsty trait.

Now with Iron Flask I could also get defensive boost and it will perfectly stick together with CA ;)
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, don't get me wrong. These sets look great and all buuuut...

We still have an ogoing issue in PvP as it stands. And I don't see the convergences getting any less powerful in the future. I usually hate to be the negative nancy when it comes to build ideas but as long as that is still in the game, I'm not even going to worry about what gear I use.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sluggy wrote: »

We still have an ogoing issue in PvP as it stands. And I don't see the convergences getting any less powerful in the future. I usually hate to be the negative nancy when it comes to build ideas but as long as that is still in the game, I'm not even going to worry about what gear I use.

Just come to Ravenwatch and forget about all of your toxic set troubles.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just come to Ravenwatch and forget about all of your toxic set troubles.

Isn't the whole point of this thread the new sets though?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping that we get more sets like these and less like Dark Convergence and Hrothgar which I hate beyond my ability to express. That's why I'm letting them know that I'm happy with this direction. Dark Convergence - even after its adjustment - still looks like it's going to be a nightmare and it needs to be DELETED.
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭

I'm hoping that we get more sets like these and less like Dark Convergence and Hrothgar which I hate beyond my ability to express. That's why I'm letting them know that I'm happy with this direction. Dark Convergence - even after its adjustment - still looks like it's going to be a nightmare and it needs to be DELETED.

It doesn't need to be deleted, it just needs to stop combining the effects of 3 different skills into a single set. Why anyone would think having a set that can do the job of timestop+vateshran shield+magicka detonation is a good idea is beyond me.

ZOS used to balance excessive effects with excessive cooldowns (see the old phoenix) but apparently that isn't a thing anymore because it wasn't really fun and led to a lot of set swapping.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should there even be a set that is constantly pulling me out of position and not allowing me to have any kind of flow in combat. I can't fight even one person without this set yanking me around. I'm sick of it. I can't even fight. I literally can't fight when people are spamming this crap! It doesn't need to exist AT ALL!!!
  • Ksariyu
    Ksariyu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gotta say I'm kind of confused here. These procs are all the same level of interaction as sets from base game. I'm not saying they're bad sets, just not really different from what we already have (And in fact we've long since reached the point where there's just too many sets). You mentioned needing skill to take advantage of their buffs, compared to sets that heal from taking damage, but I'd say the second set in this case just gives you the option to lower your needed survivability in other areas, which is just as interesting.

Dark Convergence though I think everyone agrees is a bit excessive and will very likely get reworked soon.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you don't know how valuable back barring a set is, if you don't keep up your Hurricane 100% in PvP, and if you don't know how valuable magicka sustain is for a Dark Dealing and Streaking stamsorc, then you have much to learn, young padawan.

Preach brother
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden