The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Movement and Mounted Speed Caps Explained

Oreyn_Bearclaw
Oreyn_Bearclaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have posted some of this on a few other threads, but I thought it merited a separate post. I have been doing some testing regarding Movement and Mounted speed, the caps, and how they stack in the new CP system. I used RavSpeed as the addon to give me % values for speed.

Movement Speed: This is speed that applies to your character while they are on foot. Tooltip values that affect your speed on foot will either be labeled as "Movement Speed" or in some cases "Movement Speed while using Sprint" or "Movement Speed Bonus of Sprint", etc. Either way, the operative term seems to be "Movement Speed."

Anything labeled Movement Speed has Zero effect on your mounted speed (discussed later).

On foot, characters have a base walk speed of 100%. In other words, a brand new character with no other bonuses that simply walks forward is going at 100% speed for purposes of this thread. The fastest you can go on foot is 200%. Everything with a Movement Speed bonus seems to stack additively. Sprinting on foot is a 40% movement speed bonus. Any bonus that effects sprint speed, is simply added to that 40%.

Example 1. An orc that is in 7 medium armor is going to have two bonuses to sprint speed. 10% racial passive, and 21% (7*3) from medium armor. Therefore, when they press sprint, they get a 40+ 10 +21 a 71% bonus to movement speed when they sprint.

Example 2. A character that wears a Ring of the Hunt (45% movement speed out of combat, 15% in combat), with a steed mundus stone (10% movement speed), and 1 Gold swift trait (stock on ROTH), will move at 100+45+10+7= 162% while walking (out of combat) and 200% while sprinting (100+45+10+7+40=202, but you are subject to the cap). The same character in combat is going to lose 30% of their speed bonus from ROTH, but they could add Major expedition (30%) to again be at the speed cap while sprinting.

There are lots of things that give Movement Speed or Movement speed associated with sprint. All stack additively, you cant go over 200, but it is now very easy to get there. There are things to consider when building for movement speed however, primarily, are you sprinting, and are you in combat. A PVP build probably wants to be as close to the movement speed in combat without sprint. A mat farmer or a character you have parked for crafting might be fine with sprinting and be primarily focused for out of combat.

Example 3 (my Bosmer Crafter). Ring of the Hunt + 2 Gold Swift traits + Bosmer Racial passive + Steed Blessing + Steed Mundus+ 7 Divines will move at the cap without sprinting while out of combat (100+45+7+7+5+20+16=200%). Note that if you press sprint on this character, you get a small burst of speed that briefly takes you over the cap (looks like its around 220%, but very hard to gauge as it doesn't last long). There is a similar phenomenon while mounted (discussed later).

Things that Increase movement speed on foot (List is not all inclusive).
-Sprint 40%
-Major Expedition 30%
-Minor Expedition 15%
-Bosmer Passive 5%
-Steed Mundus 10% (16% with 7/7 gold divines traits)
-Ring of the Hunt (45% out of combat, 15% in combat)
-Swift Trait 7% (gold)
-Steeds Blessing (CP Slottable, 20% out of combat)
-Celerity 10% (CP slottable)

Things that are specifically tied to sprinting on foot
-Medium Armor Passives 3% per piece
-Orc Racial Passive 10%
-Hasty (CP passive) 8% (Think think this got nerfed to 4%, need to check)

Please let me know if I am missing some obvious ones.

TLDR for Movement Speed (on foot): Cap is 200%, everything stacks additively.

Mounted Speed: This is a completely different animal. Nothing listed above affects mounted speed in any way as far as I can tell. There are only 4 things that affect the speed of your mount. 1. Speed training. 2. Sprint. 3. Major Gallop. 4 Gifted Rider.

Base movement speed on a mount is 115%. In other words, a brand new character that gets on a horse and walks forward will move at 115%. Speed training (max of 60pts) stacks additively as does Sprint Speed. Sprint speed on a mount is only 30% (not 40% like on foot). As far as I can tell, there is no way to compensate for a lack of training (other than buying it I suppose).

Example 4. A character that has speed trained his horse for 35 days will travel at 115+35= 150% while walking and 115+35+30= 180% while sprinting. With just these two factors, you need to feed your horse 56 times to be faster than a maxed character on foot.

Example 5. A character that has fully trained his mount will travel at 115+60= 175% while walking and 115+60+30= 205% while sprinting.

Here is where it gets a little interesting. The last two mount buffs, Major Gallop (30% from continuous attack passive) and Gifted Rider (10% from Slottable CP) seem to stack multiplicatively.

Example 6. A fully trained horse with Major Gallop will move at 175*1.3= 227.5% while walking and 205*1.3=266.5% while sprinting.

Example 7. With all four, your max speed is 205*1.4= 287%. This is a fully trained horse, with Major Gallop, Gifted Rider, and sprint. While walking, they would move at 175*1.4= 245%

287% seems to be the max cruising speed on a mount. You do get a burst of speed when you tap sprint. I have not seen a horse burst above 300%, which seems to be a hard cap on movement. The burst can be applied about every 4-5 seconds, so with the right cadence, you could get an average cruise speed north of 287 as far as I can tell. If they ever introduce a source of minor gallop (presumably 10%), my guess is that we would be hard capped at 300% on a mount.

Example 8. Even a brand new horse (no training) can beat someone on foot if they have the other buffs in play, but barely. (115+30)*1.4= 203%. If you dont have both Major Gallop and Gifted Rider, you are better off on foot until your horse is trained up a bit.

I am happy to update the list with buffs that I missed. Again, this is all done through observation based testing. Please let me know if I have missed anything, or if you believe I have made a mistake somewhere in the analysis.

Go Fast,

Bear
Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 28, 2022 6:41PM
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, this is quite helpful.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Concealed weapon on nightblades adds movement speed while invisible or in sneak, I believe it stacks with major expedition up to the 200% cap. Not sure if you wanted to include something as situational as that though, but it is very noticeable on my mag blade when in that setup.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Concealed weapon on nightblades adds movement speed while invisible or in sneak, I believe it stacks with major expedition up to the 200% cap. Not sure if you wanted to include something as situational as that though, but it is very noticeable on my mag blade when in that setup.

Good call. I didnt even consider getting into sneak speed. Might want to do some testing. My instinct is that it works much like a sprint speed bonus. Stacks additively, but subject to the 200% cap. There is also a baseline sneak penealty that would need to be factored in, I don't know what that is off the top of my head. There are ways to remove/mitigate it.

If memory serves, I believe there was a point some time ago where sneak was not subject to the cap. You could actually do a vamp speed build that would move faster sneaking than you could sprinting, but I believe they slapped the same 200% cap on it. This was years ago, and I could certainly be remembering that incorrectly.

I think the basic Idea was use vamp to remove the penalty via passives, concealed weapon to boost movement speed by 25% (you cant sprint while sneaking, obviously), then whatever else you could do to actually break the 200% cap. It doesnt work any longer as far as I know.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 17, 2021 8:51PM
  • Netheniel
    Netheniel
    ✭✭✭
    And yet 300% is still slow :(
    Give me one of them mustangs bred by that Ford fellow. Cuz I'm feeling the need for speed :)

It's worth noting that there's some physics glitches that will speed up your horse quite a bit. I'm not sure what exactly triggers it, but there are times when I land on something and then propelled off at fast speeds. Sometimes it happens with horse jumping too, where I'm propelled quite high into the air.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netheniel wrote: »
    And yet 300% is still slow :(
    Give me one of them mustangs bred by that Ford fellow. Cuz I'm feeling the need for speed :)

It's worth noting that there's some physics glitches that will speed up your horse quite a bit. I'm not sure what exactly triggers it, but there are times when I land on something and then propelled off at fast speeds. Sometimes it happens with horse jumping too, where I'm propelled quite high into the air.

I noticed that as well. Activating sprint definitely gives you a short, small burst that is hard to quantify, and you are right that sometimes terrain can seem to slingshot you if you hit it just right. I have not seen my meter break 300%, but that doesnt mean it cant. I have no hard evidence for any of this, simply observation.

287% is pretty darn fast, but I would like to see a Source of minor Gallop added. Anything that speeds up the ride from Sej to Drake is okay by me. :smile:
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

Good call. I didnt even consider getting into sneak speed. Might want to do some testing. My instinct is that it works much like a sprint speed bonus. Stacks additively, but subject to the 200% cap. There is also a baseline sneak penealty that would need to be factored in, I don't know what that is off the top of my head. There are ways to remove/mitigate it.

If memory serves, I believe there was a point some time ago where sneak was not subject to the cap. You could actually do a vamp speed build that would move faster sneaking than you could sprinting, but I believe they slapped the same 200% cap on it. This was years ago, and I could certainly be remembering that incorrectly.

I think the basic Idea was use vamp to remove the penalty via passives, concealed weapon to boost movement speed by 25% (you cant sprint while sneaking, obviously), then whatever else you could do to actually break the 200% cap. It doesnt work any longer as far as I know.

Thank you for the write-up! Most helpful.

If you do look into sneak speed, there is a CP for mitigating the penalty: Fleet Phantom, in the green tree, which removes 25% speed penalty at cap. I would think this just works by adding 25% speed to your movement while sneaking. Sneak is nominally covered by the stats window now, but I know Ring of the Wild Hunt is currently ignored by both the sneak and sprint speed meters on the character page, although it has a noticeable effect on movement speed in both cases.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add that Steeds Blessing and the new CP perk Celerity appear to have an effect on swimming for races other than Argonian, I get to 86 or 87%. This makes me think that Argonian just hits the Swim Speed Cap, and so it's just 120% no matter what perks we have going on.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not noticing a difference in my movement speed when Celerity is slotted. Even in Advanced stats, Sprint Speed stays at 146% with or without Celerity slotted.

Is this cp node bugged?
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on September 15, 2021 9:53PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not noticing a difference in my movement speed when Celerity is slotted. Even in Advanced stats, Sprint Speed stays at 146% with or without Celerity slotted.

Is this cp node bugged?

The Advanced Stats UI does not take into consideration Celerity, Steed’s Blessing, or Ring of the Wild Hunt.

You would need to test with something like Fyrakin’s minimap or other add-on that provides a speed meter to determine whether it is giving the proper boost.

ETA: What other sources of speed do you have? If you’re using Ring of the Wild Hunt, you’re essentially at cap already (45% from the ring and 7% from its trait added to 146% = 198%). In that case Celerity would only add 2% speed out of combat, provided you aren’t also running Steed’s Blessing or other movement speed increase.
    Edited by virtus753 on September 16, 2021 12:25PM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    handy summary.

"-Minor Expedition 10%" - I think minor exped is 15% not 10%.

- as someone else said, concealed wep is 25% on stealth speed, such that a nightblade often ends up being faster in sneak than out of it
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    handy summary.

- as someone else said, concealed wep is 25% on stealth speed, such that a nightblade often ends up being faster in sneak than out of it

They did update Minor Expedition to be 15% now. It was at one point 10%.

Concealed weapon works well on a nightblade, when it works. It is currently having some issues — I believe it fails to reapply if you are in stealth and barswap away from it and then back to it.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Larcomar wrote: »
    handy summary.

They did update Minor Expedition to be 15% now. It was at one point 10%.

Concealed weapon works well on a nightblade, when it works. It is currently having some issues — I believe it fails to reapply if you are in stealth and barswap away from it and then back to it.

Yep, it is definitely 15%, changed my OP. So rare that I actually use Minor expedition other than my stam sorc.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's super selfish but I would love to have the impact of Snares on Movement Speed discussed.

I am not currently solid on how they influence one another nor how they are stacked with other snares. I had thought that a Snare was multiplicative with your Movement Speed but I've heard other players say that it stacks additively. I've also never been clear on whether or not different Snares overwrote each other with the greatest magnitude Snare taking precedence or whether or not they truly did stack (and, if so, stack in which fashion?).

If anyone has any insights on this topic I (and likely many other readers) would be immensely grateful.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have posted some of this on a few other threads, but I thought it merited a separate post. I have been doing some testing regarding Movement and Mounted speed, the caps, and how they stack in the new CP system. I used RavSpeed as the addon to give me % values for speed.

Movement Speed: This is speed that applies to your character while they are on foot. Tooltip values that affect your speed on foot will either be labeled as "Movement Speed" or in some cases "Movement Speed while using Sprint" or "Movement Speed Bonus of Sprint", etc. Either way, the operative term seems to be "Movement Speed."

Anything labeled Movement Speed has Zero effect on your mounted speed (discussed later).

On foot, characters have a base walk speed of 100%. In other words, a brand new character with no other bonuses that simply walks forward is going at 100% speed for purposes of this thread. The fastest you can go on foot is 200%. Everything with a Movement Speed bonus seems to stack additively. Sprinting on foot is a 40% movement speed bonus. Any bonus that effects sprint speed, is simply added to that 40%.

Example 1. An orc that is in 7 medium armor is going to have two bonuses to sprint speed. 10% racial passive, and 21% (7*3) from medium armor. Therefore, when they press sprint, they get a 40+ 10 +21 a 71% bonus to movement speed when they sprint.

Example 2. A character that wears a Ring of the Hunt (45% movement speed out of combat, 15% in combat), with a steed mundus stone (10% movement speed), and 1 Gold swift trait (stock on ROTH), will move at 100+45+10+7= 162% while walking (out of combat) and 200% while sprinting (100+45+10+7+40=202, but you are subject to the cap). The same character in combat is going to lose 30% of their speed bonus from ROTH, but they could add Major expedition (30%) to again be at the speed cap while sprinting.

There are lots of things that give Movement Speed or Movement speed associated with sprint. All stack additively, you cant go over 200, but it is now very easy to get there. There are things to consider when building for movement speed however, primarily, are you sprinting, and are you in combat. A PVP build probably wants to be as close to the movement speed in combat without sprint. A mat farmer or a character you have parked for crafting might be fine with sprinting and be primarily focused for out of combat.

Example 3 (my Bosmer Crafter). Ring of the Hunt + 2 Gold Swift traits + Bosmer Racial passive + Steed Blessing + Steed Mundus+ 7 Divines will move at the cap without sprinting while out of combat (100+45+7+7+5+20+16=200%). Note that if you press sprint on this character, you get a small burst of speed that briefly takes you over the cap (looks like its around 220%, but very hard to gauge as it doesn't last long). There is a similar phenomenon while mounted (discussed later).

-Sprint 40%
    -Major Expedition 30%
    -Minor Expedition 15%
    -Bosmer Passive 5%
    -Swift Trait 7% (gold)

-Orc Racial Passive 10%
    -Hasty (CP passive) 8%

Mounted Speed: This is a completely different animal. Nothing listed above affects mounted speed in any way as far as I can tell. There are only 4 things that affect the speed of your mount. 1. Speed training. 2. Sprint. 3. Major Gallop. 4 Gifted Rider.

Base movement speed on a mount is 115%. In other words, a brand new character that gets on a horse and walks forward will move at 115%. Speed training (max of 60pts) stacks additively as does Sprint Speed. Sprint speed on a mount is only 30% (not 40% like on foot). As far as I can tell, there is no way to compensate for a lack of training (other than buying it I suppose).

Example 4. A character that has speed trained his horse for 35 days will travel at 115+35= 150% while walking and 115+35+30= 180% while sprinting. With just these two factors, you need to feed your horse 51 times to be faster than a maxed character on foot.

Example 5. A character that has fully trained his mount will travel at 115+60= 175% while walking and 115+60+30= 205% while sprinting.

Here is where it gets a little interesting. The last two mount buffs, Major Gallop (30% from continuous attack passive) and Gifted Rider (10% from Slottable CP) seem to stack multiplicatively.

Example 6. A fully trained horse with Major Gallop will move at 175*1.3= 227.5% while walking and 205*1.3=266.5% while sprinting.

Example 7. With all four, your max speed is 205*1.4= 287%. This is a fully trained horse, with Major Gallop, Gifted Rider, and sprint. While walking, they would move at 175*1.4= 245%

287% seems to be the max cruising speed on a mount. You do get a burst of speed when you tap sprint. I have not seen a horse burst above 300%, which seems to be a hard cap on movement. The burst can be applied about every 4-5 seconds, so with the right cadence, you could get an average cruise speed north of 287 as far as I can tell. If they ever introduce a source of minor gallop (presumably 10%), my guess is that we would be hard capped at 300% on a mount.

Example 8. Even a brand new horse (no training) can beat someone on foot if they have the other buffs in play, but barely. (115+30)*1.4= 203%. If you dont have both Major Gallop and Gifted Rider, you are better off on foot until your horse is trained up a bit.

I am happy to update the list with buffs that I missed. Again, this is all done through observation based testing. Please let me know if I have missed anything, or if you believe I have made a mistake somewhere in the analysis.

Go Fast,

Bear

Noticed in your example you did not account for the swift trait on the ring of wild hunt itself.

Which leads me a question about the ring of wild hunt. I know we get 45% speed boost out of combat, but it is also has the swift trait, so I always figured we really received a 52% bump from it in total because of the swift trait 7% and 45% from the ring itself.

If not, then it sounds like a bug. The ring should because if not then can we re-trait it to something else and not loss the 7% speed bump since it doesn’t work on the ring.

BTW thanks for your post.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

-Sprint 40%
    -Major Expedition 30%
    -Minor Expedition 15%
    -Bosmer Passive 5%
    -Swift Trait 7% (gold)

-Orc Racial Passive 10%
    -Hasty (CP passive) 8%

Example 4. A character that has speed trained his horse for 35 days will travel at 115+35= 150% while walking and 115+35+30= 180% while sprinting. With just these two factors, you need to feed your horse 51 times to be faster than a maxed character on foot.

Go Fast,

Bear

Noticed in your example you did not account for the swift trait on the ring of wild hunt itself.

Which leads me a question about the ring of wild hunt. I know we get 45% speed boost out of combat, but it is also has the swift trait, so I always figured we really received a 52% bump from it in total because of the swift trait 7% and 45% from the ring itself.

If not, then it sounds like a bug. The ring should because if not then can we re-trait it to something else and not loss the 7% speed bump since it doesn’t work on the ring.

@Hotdog_23

In example 1, I wasnt accounting for any Ring of Hunt or swift.

In example 2 and 3, I did include the 7% from a gold swift ring. . That was before the CP passives changed, giving us celerity as another source of 10% speed.

In example 3, I actually included 2 swift traits (7+7), which was my Bosmer crafter that is actually at the speed cap without sprinting. It used to take 2 swift traits, but now with celerity giving you 10% movement speed, you have a few more options. You can drop a swift trait and actually still be slightly over (at least on a bosmer), you could use another race, or if running steed, wear a few less pieces of Divines if you wanted to, just as examples. Plenty of options to get to the cap without sprinting if that is your goal. You can also get to the cap while sneaking (vamps and NBs can do it easily), which is not a bad option for mat farming if you dont want to engage with enemies.

The swift trait applies to all types of movement speed other than mounted speed, for which it has no effect. So none of my mounted examples include the swift trait, because it doesn't change anything.

A stock Ring of the Hunt is actually 52% out of combat speed, and 22% in combat movement speed , including the swift trait (on foot). Remember that the difference is always 30%, so if you want to be at the same speed in and out of combat, you simply need to add major expedition while in combat.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on September 20, 2021 6:03PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's super selfish but I would love to have the impact of Snares on Movement Speed discussed.

I am not currently solid on how they influence one another nor how they are stacked with other snares. I had thought that a Snare was multiplicative with your Movement Speed but I've heard other players say that it stacks additively. I've also never been clear on whether or not different Snares overwrote each other with the greatest magnitude Snare taking precedence or whether or not they truly did stack (and, if so, stack in which fashion?).

If anyone has any insights on this topic I (and likely many other readers) would be immensely grateful.

Good question, and I honestly have no idea. Probably wouldnt be too hard too test. Although one issue I am having is that my RavSpeed addon seems to be kind of all over the place for the last 2 patches or so. Based on the addon recently, I see my speed cap characters moving above the cap like 210-215%, where they used to always stay at 200. They do tend to settle at 200 if I move for a while. I don't think the caps where actually moved, and think it is just an addon issue, but it does make it harder to get a good reading on this stuff.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

-Sprint 40%
    -Major Expedition 30%
    -Minor Expedition 15%
    -Bosmer Passive 5%
    -Swift Trait 7% (gold)

-Orc Racial Passive 10%
    -Hasty (CP passive) 8%

Go Fast,

Bear

@Hotdog_23

In example 1, I wasnt accounting for any Ring of Hunt or swift.

In example 2 and 3, I did include the 7% from a gold swift ring. . That was before the CP passives changed, giving us celerity as another source of 10% speed.

In example 3, I actually included 2 swift traits (7+7), which was my Bosmer crafter that is actually at the speed cap without sprinting. It used to take 2 swift traits, but now with celerity giving you 10% movement speed, you have a few more options. You can drop a swift trait and actually still be slightly over (at least on a bosmer), you could use another race, or if running steed, wear a few less pieces of Divines if you wanted to, just as examples. Plenty of options to get to the cap without sprinting if that is your goal. You can also get to the cap while sneaking (vamps and NBs can do it easily), which is not a bad option for mat farming if you dont want to engage with enemies.

The swift trait applies to all types of movement speed other than mounted speed, for which it has no effect. So none of my mounted examples include the swift trait, because it doesn't change anything.

A stock Ring of the Hunt is actually 52% out of combat speed, and 22% in combat movement speed , including the swift trait (on foot). Remember that the difference is always 30%, so if you want to be at the same speed in and out of combat, you simply need to add major expedition while in combat.

Thanks
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyway to actually see your speed bonus? I’m on console and it only tells us sneak speed bonus (143% for me) but I’m using celerity cp (10% mvmt speed), steeds blessing (20% mvmt speed), ring if wild hunt (45% mvmt speed bonus, swift trait 7% and Steed Mundus for that last 16%. Do we just add that up? If so, and being additive, does that make 100 (base rate) + 10 + 20 + 45 + 7 + 16 = 198%?
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on December 16, 2021 3:22AM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyway to actually see your speed bonus? I’m on console and it only tells us sneak speed bonus (143% for me) but I’m using celerity cp (10% mvmt speed), steeds blessing (20% mvmt speed), ring if wild hunt (45% mvmt speed bonus, swift trait 7% and Steed Mundus for that last 16%. Do we just add that up? If so, and being additive, does that make 100 (base rate) + 10 + 20 + 45 + 7 + 16 = 198%?

@Bobby_V_Rockit
    I dont think you can see it without addons. But yes, speed on foot is additive with 200% as the max. In your scenario, assuming 7 divines with steed to give 16 percent, you are at 198% of Speed out of combat without sprinting.. If you can find 2 more percent, you can get to speed cap without sprint.

In your scenario, once you are in combat, your steed blessing disappears, and your ring drops to 15%. That means you need to make up 52% in combat. Major or Minor expedition and Sprint easily gets you there. If you dont want to sprint, you need both Major and Minor expedition and another gold swift trait.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bobby_V_Rockit
    I dont think you can see it without addons. But yes, speed on foot is additive with 200% as the max. In your scenario, assuming 7 divines with steed to give 16 percent, you are at 198% of Speed out of combat without sprinting.. If you can find 2 more percent, you can get to speed cap without sprint.

In your scenario, once you are in combat, your steed blessing disappears, and your ring drops to 15%. That means you need to make up 52% in combat. Major or Minor expedition and Sprint easily gets you there. If you dont want to sprint, you need both Major and Minor expedition and another gold swift trait.

Channeled acceleration 😎
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you mentioned Bosmer because I'd like to take this opportunity to see if the devs would increase the speed boost to Bosmer an additional 25% outside of combat.

Like many, I wasn't very happy with the racial changes the Bosmer received. You can say I'm still not over it, because I feel the change really "nerfed" this race without giving them any type of actual bonus many other races get, especially with specific builds.

Given how the lore indicates Bosmer are supposed to be adept at moving, having a 25% non-combat speed boost would be a welcome change to the racial attributes, given our best one was removed without justification.

Any way to make this happen, ZoS?

• Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get my sprint speed above 165% ! Did they nerf it? Applied major expedition and it still didn't increase.

Can anyone confirm max sprint speed is 165% ?

Sprint.png
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in regards to sneak speed, its effectively the same as unmounted speed, at base sneak just applies a negative move speed (sneak penalty) which i think is around -50%, if you have vampire or one of the other sets that negates this (assuming not bugged), then the sneak penalty becomes 0% (no positive or negative effect)

it is very possible to get to the move speed cap while sneaking

my stealth toon right now is set up so that he can hit that pretty easily (and was actually well over the cap with something like major expedition)

this toon is set up as vamp NB
    • vamp removes sneak penalty
    • NB concealed weapon bonus
    • ring of wild hunt
    • green CP slottable for out of combat move speed (20% at 50 points)
    • at least 1 swift trait for ring of the wild hunt, i dont remember if i used that on the other 2 jewelry as well

25% concealed weapon + 45% wild hunt + 20% cp slottable + 7% swift (assuming 1 swift trait) = +97% move speed on top of the base 100% speed, i could probably max that out changing 1 more jewelry to swift assuming its not already set up that way

the other sets i use to pair with that is 3pc night terror (sneak cost and reduced detect) and 5pc darloc brae (sneak cost and reduced detect and the sustain)

infinite sneak at speed cap with basically infinite cloak too if i wanted/needed
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on December 16, 2021 3:29PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get my sprint speed above 165% ! Did they nerf it? Applied major expedition and it still didn't increase.

Can anyone confirm max sprint speed is 165% ?

Sprint.png

It's interesting. Shortly after I did all these tests, the following patch seemed to start messing with my Rav Speed addon. It's simply a gauge that reads like a percent. It would always fluctuate a bit based on terrain, but for the most part, a speed cap character would stay right at 200%, and there was nothing I could do to get a stable speed higher than that. Now it seems to have a little more variance (it will often fluctuate between 200-205, maybe a bit more) which makes me wonder if they didnt do something behind the scenes to speed caps. I dont recall anything in the patch notes.

In all my testing, unmounted speed was additive, and mounted speed boosts other than sprint and mount training were multiplicative. Sprint was simply a flat 40% added to unmounted speed (30% to mounted speed). If your cap in that addon was 160%, I would simply suggest that for some reason that addon doesn't actually consider the 40% you get from sprint, thus at 160+40 you are at 200%. At 165, it leaves me scratching my head a bit.

Nothing I have done since seems to allow me to get a stable speed above 200%. I have a Bosmer crafter that is capped out of combat without sprint. Since those tests, Celerity was added to the CP 2.0 system. It didn't seem to have any noticeable effect. I actually ended up adding that and dropping a swift trait for a bit more damage, which actually puts her at 203%. I can't tell any difference between that and the 200% build. It's a little odd because when you press sprint, your camera zooms slightly, which gives the illusion of speeding up, but I don't believe I actually am.

Edit: Also, I believe that certain things were originally not picked up by the advanced stats addon. See above posts. Both CP slottables (celerity and Steeds blessing) and Ring of the Hunt, werent picked up by that addon.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 16, 2021 5:28PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in regards to sneak speed, its effectively the same as unmounted speed, at base sneak just applies a negative move speed (sneak penalty) which i think is around -50%, if you have vampire or one of the other sets that negates this (assuming not bugged), then the sneak penalty becomes 0% (no positive or negative effect)

my stealth toon right now is set up so that he can hit that pretty easily (and was actually well over the cap with something like major expedition)

• ring of wild hunt
    • at least 1 swift trait for ring of the wild hunt, i dont remember if i used that on the other 2 jewelry as well

25% concealed weapon + 45% wild hunt + 20% cp slottable + 7% swift (assuming 1 swift trait) = +97% move speed on top of the base 100% speed, i could probably max that out changing 1 more jewelry to swift assuming its not already set up that way

the other sets i use to pair with that is 3pc night terror (sneak cost and reduced detect) and 5pc darloc brae (sneak cost and reduced detect and the sustain)

infinite sneak at speed cap with basically infinite cloak too if I wanted/needed

Couldnt you also drop a swift trait and add Celerity from the red CP tree? I think that gives you an even 100% (200% total). I have actually been meaning to try that.

Disclaimer, I have not done any sneak speed tests, I am only assuming they are additive. I remember way back before speed caps were introduced, the fastest toon you could make was a sneaky NB vamp. The could absolutely fly in stealth if you went all in on it. They might have even been faster than a fully trained horse if memory serves. I remember we were doing a guild event very early on and one of the things was a race course. I was lapping people. People thought I was hacking. LOL
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• ring of wild hunt

infinite sneak at speed cap with basically infinite cloak too if I wanted/needed

Couldnt you also drop a swift trait and add Celerity from the red CP tree? I think that gives you an even 100% (200% total). I have actually been meaning to try that.

Disclaimer, I have not done any sneak speed tests, I am only assuming they are additive. I remember way back before speed caps were introduced, the fastest toon you could make was a sneaky NB vamp. The could absolutely fly in stealth if you went all in on it. They might have even been faster than a fully trained horse if memory serves. I remember we were doing a guild event very early on and one of the things was a race course. I was lapping people. People thought I was hacking. LOL

i know i have a minimum of 1 swift trait since its the one that comes with the ring of the wild hunt (and this is a regular ring, not recreated ring and didnt want to spend transmute on it)

i also had made this character before that red cp movement slottable was added so i built without it, but it is something i had considered

as far as sneaking speed is concerned, the "penalty" as far as im aware was just a negative speed modifier, but if you were vamp or had set that removed the penalty, your sneak speed was basically same as "running" speed (there is a difference too between "walking" and "running" before you get to sprinting, though i dont think many people use actual "walking" unless they are doing RP)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• ring of wild hunt

i know i have a minimum of 1 swift trait since its the one that comes with the ring of the wild hunt (and this is a regular ring, not recreated ring and didnt want to spend transmute on it)

i also had made this character before that red cp movement slottable was added so i built without it, but it is something i had considered

as far as sneaking speed is concerned, the "penalty" as far as im aware was just a negative speed modifier, but if you were vamp or had set that removed the penalty, your sneak speed was basically same as "running" speed (there is a difference too between "walking" and "running" before you get to sprinting, though i dont think many people use actual "walking" unless they are doing RP)

LOL, I have like 20 rings of the hunt. I made one for every toon and a few extra in random damage traits. But yeah, I get just leaving it as the OG trait. Splitting hairs in any event. I think you are right about sneak speed. I may need to make my crafter a Vamp and do some testing. I finally started playing her without a skin recently, so I hate to make her ugly.