The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Green Tree

JJOtterBear
JJOtterBear
✭✭✭✭
This particular champion tree needs an overhaul. Most of that tree should be passives and not active. the only actives from that tree should be the mount related ones and the ones that have to do with theft. everything else should be passive.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was already mentioned very often and most of the community agrees with it.
    But we shall see if Zos will change it one day.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Sahqon
    Sahqon
    ✭✭✭
    This particular champion tree needs an overhaul. Most of that tree should be passives and not active. the only actives from that tree should be the mount related ones and the ones that have to do with theft. everything else should be passive.

The ones that have to do with sneaking, since they are useable for combat, and yeah, the mount ones. Nothing from the fishing/stealing quality/resource picking stuff should be active.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even sneaking and riding. If you know how to sneak and ride, you don't temporarily lose that skill for whatever reason--it makes no sense.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that a lot of the slottables in the green tree are just not negotiable. You always slot Treasure Hunter because you never know when you would encounter a treasure chest and you almost always want to get the best loot possible from it. That alone reduces the number of free slots to 3.
    Then there is the harvesting related slottables. It would be okay if they were one and the same slottable, but faster Master Gatherer and Plentiful Harvest take up 2 slots. If you just care about the stuff you find on your travels while playing the game, that's already 3 slottables down for just Treasure Hunter, Master Gatherer and Plentiful Harvest alone! That leaves only one slottable! Personally I drop Master Gatherer to solve this issue because I can live with needing to spend more time as long as the rewards are maximized. However I am not happy with that choice. This time save is not something that should be locked away like that, especially since I doubt it impacts performance at all if it were active for everyone.

Now we are already down to two to one free slottable and that spot usually goes to...
    The Liquid Efficiency slottable is also pretty much a must for anyone that does trials somewhat seriously, because potions and poisons are expensive and you burn through them so quickly, but I do think this one is fine being a slottable as long as other slottables become passive.
    What this means is that you have no room for the Steed's Blessing unless you dropped Master Gatherer and at this point you cannot be a crafter anymore on the side because there is no space for Meticulous Disassembly. All the other CP slottables are completely irrelevant because there is just no room for slotting them!

The only character I have the fishing CPs slotted on is an old character that I don't know what to do with, who cannot do content other than overland who I have used to get the fishing achievement on.
    I have slotted no other slottable in the Green Tree across all my characters since the release of CP2.0 because after the "necessities" there just isn't any space left for the things that would be fun.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    I think that a lot of the slottables in the green tree are just not negotiable. You always slot Treasure Hunter because you never know when you would encounter a treasure chest and you almost always want to get the best loot possible from it. That alone reduces the number of free slots to 3.
    Then there is the harvesting related slottables. It would be okay if they were one and the same slottable, but faster Master Gatherer and Plentiful Harvest take up 2 slots. If you just care about the stuff you find on your travels while playing the game, that's already 3 slottables down for just Treasure Hunter, Master Gatherer and Plentiful Harvest alone! That leaves only one slottable! Personally I drop Master Gatherer to solve this issue because I can live with needing to spend more time as long as the rewards are maximized. However I am not happy with that choice. This time save is not something that should be locked away like that, especially since I doubt it impacts performance at all if it were active for everyone.

Now we are already down to two to one free slottable and that spot usually goes to...
    The Liquid Efficiency slottable is also pretty much a must for anyone that does trials somewhat seriously, because potions and poisons are expensive and you burn through them so quickly, but I do think this one is fine being a slottable as long as other slottables become passive.
    What this means is that you have no room for the Steed's Blessing unless you dropped Master Gatherer and at this point you cannot be a crafter anymore on the side because there is no space for Meticulous Disassembly. All the other CP slottables are completely irrelevant because there is just no room for slotting them!

The only character I have the fishing CPs slotted on is an old character that I don't know what to do with, who cannot do content other than overland who I have used to get the fishing achievement on.
    I have slotted no other slottable in the Green Tree across all my characters since the release of CP2.0 because after the "necessities" there just isn't any space left for the things that would be fun.

Facts. There is ZERO choice in cp2.0 and the green tree is an absolute middle finger to those of us who play 1 character as a jack of all trades
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or even to those of us who play a multitude of alts (60 at this point) all as jacks-of-all-trades....
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get the CP system was redesigned with server load in mind, I get that...but it is very annoying to having to slot different stars for different things just walking around the world.....combat I get......but just picking up nodes and fishing? really...?
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That said though - I still prefer this iteration because it makes sense to me (how it works, not that it's perfect of course). I never could understand the earlier version - I just followed Alcast or Hack's lists of where to put points. At least 2.0/2.1 are easier for me to figure out. I'm sure part of that is age, though certainly not lack of years here now - over 3....
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one that reduces your harvesting (is that Master Gatherer?) really needs to be a passive. There are too many other must-haves to fit that one in and it is ridiculous to have to go back to longer harvesting times.

I do Treasure Hunter, Homemaker, Plentiful Harvest, and Meticulous Disassembly. If I try to swap those out I forget to put them back later. I mean, I’ve been playing for something like 6 years and I just don’t think about doing it because I have never had to before.

I am just starting to do some fishing and sometimes forget to reslot for that, but for me it is a separate activity and when I do that I am not doing anything else, so it’s not a huge deal, I guess.

All this change was supposed to improve the game performance but I can’t see that it has. It’s just constraining us unnecessarily. I doubt that adding a few more passives back is going to make it worse. How does forcing players to frequently access the champion points screen affect performance?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TheKillaBunny
    TheKillaBunny
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, has there been any changes made to Green tree at all since CP2.0?

I haven’t played since the change. I was a day-one player who did everything on my stealthy main, so this change really hurt me.

Since then I’ve bought a new console and seriously cba to download this game again. Not unless we can explore and gather and open chests and fish and thieve and visit merchants and deconstruct etc etc, all of the above without playing Zeni’s four-slot mini game.

So I guess I’m asking have they returned all our green skill passives yet? I really miss playing ESO, but I refuse to play like that. :/
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, console really gets the short end of the stick here. There's Jack of All Trades for PC and is pretty much the only thing that makes this tolerable.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • TheKillaBunny
    TheKillaBunny
    ✭✭✭
    @NettleCarrier oh that’s a shame. Thank you for letting me know.

It somehow makes it worse knowing that PC players have a fix for this yet us console players suffer this game without such add-ons. 🥺

I fail to see the point of the change, or how opening this menu all the time is more enjoyable than how we used to play?

I guess ZoS just doesn’t want our money then. I usually drop quite a bit of cash on the Witches and New Life Festivals. Not to mention the latest chapter that I also haven’t bought. My husband used to play too, and so we’d have to buy the new chapters twice over to play together. I cancelled the plus sub too, I haven’t played since April.

Oh well, I guess I’m still sticking to Skyrim, at least I only need to buy it once and then it can be added to every console in the house at no extra cost. We’re getting the new edition for free too :smile:

No more MMOs for me, I’m not committing so much of my time to something that can be radically changed overnight on a whim with no actual benefit to the player. it’s just too much of a risk.

Roll on TES6!!
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NettleCarrier oh that’s a shame. Thank you for letting me know.

It somehow makes it worse knowing that PC players have a fix for this yet us console players suffer this game without such add-ons. 🥺

I fail to see the point of the change, or how opening this menu all the time is more enjoyable than how we used to play?

I guess ZoS just doesn’t want our money then. I usually drop quite a bit of cash on the Witches and New Life Festivals. Not to mention the latest chapter that I also haven’t bought. My husband used to play too, and so we’d have to buy the new chapters twice over to play together. I cancelled the plus sub too, I haven’t played since April.

Oh well, I guess I’m still sticking to Skyrim, at least I only need to buy it once and then it can be added to every console in the house at no extra cost. We’re getting the new edition for free too :smile:

No more MMOs for me, I’m not committing so much of my time to something that can be radically changed overnight on a whim with no actual benefit to the player. it’s just too much of a risk.

Roll on TES6!!

Just an FYI, this isn't something they changed overnight. Things like Plentiful harvest, master gatherer, and treasure hunter may have existed in the green tree before but what we got was a lot more options. I still believe it is possible to slot all the bonuses of the old CP system at once resulting in only new opportunities.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to grind CP atm so I can unlock the fishing slots. What bugs me is having to put 50 points (iirc) into something to do with furnishing first. Not only does it need more passives it needs rearranging too.
  • TheKillaBunny
    TheKillaBunny
    ✭✭✭
    It did change over night for me. For nearly six years I didn’t have to worry about this menu. The next day, I did. All the time, for everything that I do. That’s the change I that I don’t like.

I’m all for giving us new abilities, new choices. But not at the expense of what we had - complete freedom. Once we’d unlocked these things they were unlocked, we didn’t need to worry about having something slotted just to do crafting and trading and exploration at the highest possible level.

There was no such thing as an over-powered crafter, gatherer - none of those skills gave you any sort of advantage over anyone else. The fact they were there and you had use of them was the reward for all the grind!

Everything on the green tree relates to solo play, all they’ve done is put this menu in the way of my fun. It wouldn’t break the game if they were all passive. But it would put the enjoyment back into playing the game, at least it would for me. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    It did change over night for me. For nearly six years I didn’t have to worry about this menu. The next day, I did. All the time, for everything that I do. That’s the change I that I don’t like.

I’m all for giving us new abilities, new choices. But not at the expense of what we had - complete freedom. Once we’d unlocked these things they were unlocked, we didn’t need to worry about having something slotted just to do crafting and trading and exploration at the highest possible level.

There was no such thing as an over-powered crafter, gatherer - none of those skills gave you any sort of advantage over anyone else. The fact they were there and you had use of them was the reward for all the grind!

Everything on the green tree relates to solo play, all they’ve done is put this menu in the way of my fun. It wouldn’t break the game if they were all passive. But it would put the enjoyment back into playing the game, at least it would for me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

67837367.jpg
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, has there been any changes made to Green tree at all since CP2.0?

Unfortunately not.

The feedback i remember in CP2.0 was, that the RED and BLUE tree is ok, but the GREEN tree is a pain.

In CP2.1 the RED and BLUE tree was nerfed by half, but the GREEN tree untouched.