The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragonknight tanking

AggressivePillow200
AggressivePillow200
Soul Shriven
I was wondering which morph should I use in the heavy armor skill line immovable or unstoppable brute?
Edited by AggressivePillow200 on September 17, 2021 12:38AM
  • AggressivePillow200
    AggressivePillow200
    Soul Shriven
    Also which monster set do you recommend for tanking?
    Edited by AggressivePillow200 on September 17, 2021 12:39AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't tank so take this with a grain of salt, I'm just relaying my second-hand knowledge. First, between the two heavy armor skill morphs I'd probably use Unstoppable Brute as a new tank because the cost reduction of the skill will help you manage resources. Then as you progress to content where enemies hit harder you can consider swapping to Immovable or using another skill as you will have learned how to keep your resources up by then.

Second, and in a similar vein, monster sets that give resources help early on when learning, with the main one that comes to mind being Engine Guardian. Then as you get more advanced and wear sets that support the group more, the other main one I know of is Encratis's Behemoth, though there are others that are helpful as well, and bear in mind Encratis is only helpful for Mag-based groups.

Also, I know that many people who mainly play as tanks swear by the Tank Club (https://thetankclub.com/), so I'd also recommend to check that out if you haven't already :)
    PC NA
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also which monster set do you recommend for tanking?

That really depends how you play and what you find you need to strengthen.

I use Engine Guardian as a general 'whatever' monster helm when tanking but there are a lot of other options that work well. For organized groups the raid/trial leader will often specify what is the right thing to use for the group.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Tremorscale, which deals decent damage and shows you when you are effectively taunting.

For sets (what u are not asking, anyway...) Ebon and Knightmare in formed groups (with a good healer), Plague and Gloom Graced in PUG situations, where self sustain may be paramount.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use neither. You're better off with Volatile Armor. You don't get immunity from knockback, but you also don't get that movement speed penalty. Its also magicka based which I find has a better resource pool with a DK tank with a ice/lighting staff backbar.

As for monster sets, I agree with @fiender66. Tremorscale is great for dungeon groups. Lord Warden, Earthgore, and Bloodspawn are good alternatives too.

If you are looking for a good group defensive set, Mighty Glacier is my favorite. Works well with DK's talons