The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armour Abilities (Immovable, Evasion, Annulment & morphs)

Nebula_DooM
Nebula_DooM
✭✭✭
With regards to the current changes (that will release in the next few hours) and how each passive of the three respective armour types scale with each piece of that armour, make the armour abilities usable without any required armour pieces or at least reduce the amount of armour required to use it to 4 pieces of that respective armour. This will give more diversity and flexibility towards the people that choose to run a 4/3 or 4/2/1 setup in terms of armour. I hope you can consider this for the Q2 PTS.
Edited by Nebula_DooM on March 8, 2021 4:12AM
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, it's funny how ZOS wants us to use something other than 5 pieces of one armor weight, then continues to lock their abilities behind the 5 piece requirement that was removed from the passives. 4 Pieces should be sufficient now.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or they should buff the heck out of the skills and require 7 pieces.
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    ***Reposting so this idea gets more traction for the new PTS Cycle***

With regards to the current armour types and how each passive of the three respective armour types scale with each piece of that armour, make the armour abilities usable without any required armour pieces or at least reduce the amount of armour required to use it to 4 pieces of that respective armour. This will give more diversity and flexibility towards the people that choose to run a 4/3 or 4/2/1 setup in terms of armour.
    Edited by Nebula_DooM on September 14, 2021 1:25AM
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping the thread one last time for the last pts cycle of the year. Please consider this idea as Zenimax continues to change build functionality with regards to the armor weights and set changes.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, reduction to 4 pieces seems fine. Returning to no requirements, not so much, as light armour shield & medium shuffle would be way too much (NB can have it with Blur but they pay the price ;p).
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    Yeah, reduction to 4 pieces seems fine. Returning to no requirements, not so much, as light armour shield & medium shuffle would be way too much (NB can have it with Blur but they pay the price ;p).

I agree with you on the annulment and evasion with the current live patch. Depending on how they execute the new pts with all the hybridization options being possible my view might change however.

IMO however, Zenimax needs to work on these abilities one more time, especially on the heavy armor ability. Firstly by removing the major resolve from it since every class has a source of getting it as well as benefitting from their class passives by using it. With the new champion points, it makes using immovable almost obsolete (unless you are willing to sacrifice so much movement speed to hit the 90% block cap).
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »

I agree with you on the annulment and evasion with the current live patch. Depending on how they execute the new pts with all the hybridization options being possible my view might change however.

IMO however, Zenimax needs to work on these abilities one more time, especially on the heavy armor ability. Firstly by removing the major resolve from it since every class has a source of getting it as well as benefitting from their class passives by using it. With the new champion points, it makes using immovable almost obsolete (unless you are willing to sacrifice so much movement speed to hit the 90% block cap).

I tested this heavy armour skill in pvp and... it looks like not working according to description, at least to my experience. It could prevent you from knockback but you could still be easily stun which imho is pointless, because if you sacrifice your mobility, especially during flag games to guard the flag (and in most cases you are solo) you should be able ignore all stun attacks - your enemies still could throw at you their range or aoe attacks so the skill wound't be broken. There is a lot do do with this skill to make it really useful.. but i would leave major resolve as not all class sources fit into tanky option and this skill should be "ultimate" solution for tanky players ;)