Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unusual Magsorc Experience in VMA

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Not a complaint session, but a legitimate inquiry. Background, I've cleared VMA a number of times on different builds, so when the event happened the last week I was happy to try to finish the sticker book on perfected gear. Went in with my go-to Magsorc build I have used for 2 years expecting the typical easymode clear. Have run this since CP 2.0 went into effect. However, this is the first time running it since that second CP reset a few months ago, I think when Midyear Mayhem occured (?).

Everything went as expected until the final boss. Suddenly, it was like I had no armor and zero resistances. Was regularly taking 20-30K in damage from the crematorial guards and 10K from the Clannfear headbutt. There were times when that duo would one-shot me. Kiting was very difficult as I felt really slow without using Boundless Storm. 27K+ in health, 17K+ in spell resistance, 14K+ in physical, max in Ironclad and Bastion, CP in blue and red trees where you would expect for a PVE setup. Basically a heavy attack build with False Gods & Mother's Sorrow & VMA Lightning Staff with Pale Order and Domihaus. Damage is not the issue, that has stayed the same. Hardened Ward, Crit Surge, and Boundless Storm are my shield-type skills. Tried with Harness Magicka. It did absolutely nothing, including not giving magicka back as I was getting hammered. With all of this, zero damage mitigation so most of the time I was using Boundless and the Matriarch to run around staying alive. Health bar was going crazy.

Thinking things might have changed with the last update, I ran 2 other builds through: a Stamblade Werewolf and a Magplar. Just fine. No overwhelming damage. Good times.

I've never experienced this with this build. Was wondering if anyone else has. Is it a glitch? Is it the build?
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    During the event i ran vMA about 30 times with my magden and no shields at all. Magsorc i use false god and mother's with crit surge and pale order and i feel unkillable 24/7.
    uwu
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »
    During the event i ran vMA about 30 times with my magden and no shields at all. Magsorc i use false god and mother's with crit surge and pale order and i feel unkillable 24/7.

That's my typical experience which made this so weird. Must have been a bug or something, because it was only on the final boss with the guards. They were worse than the boss
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed something similar with a heavy attack MagDK that I ran through vMA maybe 10 to 15 times during the event. There were times when I would take crazy damage and then times when it seemed to function as normal. I also noticed that while most times the mobs would melt as expected, there were times when they would take about three times as long. I'd thought about making a video just to see if my buffs were dropping off or there was something else I could identify, but never got around to it. When you run the arena often enough, you can just tell when the pace is off, and something was definitely off.

Possibly unrelated, but I did not notice a similar effect when running the same character through vet dungeons solo (though I was using Bastian as heals).