The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cleaning up Remaining Proc Calculation Sets and Skills that Don't Fit Hybridization Changes

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
While the discussion is being had about proc sets and hybridization in Update 32:

- Please finish updating the removal of proc percentage chances from sets that still require calculations. For example, sets like Maw of the Infernal (33% chance to proc on light/heavy attack) haven't been updated like Selene/Sellistrix to remove the proc chance calculation.

- Please hybridize skills that simply push a stamina/magicka divide without offering any unique differences. For example, skills like the Warden's Lotus Flower simply split into two different morphs where one gives Major Savagery and the other gives Major Prophecy. Please combine these into one skill, which opens up room for another morph that offers a unique effect, instead of asking players to simply choose between a stamina/magicka binary morph that does the same thing.

Thanks.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also hybridize jewelry glyphs.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I wonder, too, if Mundus Stones could be another area to look at. Much like the Thief Mundus (which grants both weapon and spell crit chance) and the Lover Mundus (which grants both weapon and spell penetration), perhaps the same move could be made for the Warrior Mundus (weapon damage) and Apprentice Mundus (spell damage).

Roll the the Warrior Mundus and Apprentice Mundus into one stone that grants weapon and spell damage, and it opens up another unique Mundus effect that could be added to the game.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on September 17, 2021 8:00PM
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder, too, if Mundus Stones could be another area to look at. Much like the Thief Mundus (which grants both weapon and spell crit chance) and the Lover Mundus (which grants both weapon and spell penetration), perhaps the same move could be made for the Warrior Mundus (weapon damage) and Apprentice Mundus (spell damage).

Roll the the Warrior Mundus and Apprentice Mundus into one stone that grants weapon and spell damage, and it opens up another unique Mundus effect that could be added to the game.

Don't forget base attributes, food, and armor enchants
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jewelry glyphs: yes (prismatic damage)
    Warrior and Apprentice Mundus: no

That would make it too easy to build for a hybrid, I think. Right now, our choices are the Thief, Shadow, and Lover. Those are enough for hybrids. It should be a niche playstyle, not mainstream.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on September 19, 2021 5:33PM
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior and Apprentice Mundus: no

That would make it too easy to build for a hybrid, I think. Right now, our choices are the Thief, Shadow, and Lover. Those are enough for hybrids. It should be a niche playstyle, not mainstream.

Why should it be?
    Edited by Anony_Mouse on September 19, 2021 5:50PM