The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

More Negative Crit Changes for PvP?

Wuuffyy
Wuuffyy
✭✭✭✭✭
Besides, mechanical acuity, which was over performing with no negatives. Thanks, I suppose. Kind of aggravated and a bit frustrated. I don’t know what to say here.

Already don’t have crit, and now I don’t even have the ability to do actual damage on a crit either? Darn. Like it was even that OP.
Edited by Wuuffyy on September 18, 2021 12:31AM
Wuuffyy,
ESO player since 2014
-PM for questions
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the "plus" side, all of your proc damage sets just got a minimal boost of 50% more damage so.... yeah.

Guess I'll just go ahead and throw all of my flat-stat sets in the smoldering fire that remains from recently destroying all of my Pelinal's gear lol. I have to say, the last two patches have made it really easy to clear up a lot of bank space.
    Edited by Sluggy on September 18, 2021 5:22PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don't even know what the cap is going to be yet.

If it's only like +100% then it's going to be extremely problematic (though far more so for PvE) but if it's more reasonable, such as +125%-150% then the change is unlikely to make much of an impact at all in PvP.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's only like +100% then it's going to be extremely problematic (though far more so for PvE) but if it's more reasonable, such as +125%-150% then the change is unlikely to make much of an impact at all in PvP.

Knowing ZOS, it will most likely be only 100% and, in addition to this, any cap limits player ability to do anything outside of the box. Armor makes since because there isn’t a real cap in PvP as there is sooo much pen. However, a hard cap on crit will only push Malacath back in to the hard meta and curb diversity even farther.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowing ZOS, it will most likely be only 100% and, in addition to this, any cap limits player ability to do anything outside of the box. Armor makes since because there isn’t a real cap in PvP as there is sooo much pen. However, a hard cap on crit will only push Malacath back in to the hard meta and curb diversity even farther.

I'd disagree. With the proc set crit being added back in you can make a pretty reasonable choice with boosting your proc damage by a minimum of 50% or you can boost all of your damage with malacath. And depending on where that cap is for crit damage, you could potentially boost your crit chance to have a greater chance of your proc critting. Especially if something like acuity stays as is.

And currently, there is already very little benefit for most builds to worry about crit in PVP. The one I currently run has 16% crit chance and the base damage boost. At least lowering the cap makes it something that could be built around and making it impact procs makes it something that could be worthwhile to build for.

Now this is definitely a nerf for PVE across the board. But for PVP I think we really need to see the proc changes and the cap before jumping to any conclusions.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I'd disagree. With the proc set crit being added back in you can make a pretty reasonable choice with boosting your proc damage by a minimum of 50% or you can boost all of your damage with malacath. And depending on where that cap is for crit damage, you could potentially boost your crit chance to have a greater chance of your proc critting. Especially if something like acuity stays as is.

And currently, there is already very little benefit for most builds to worry about crit in PVP. The one I currently run has 16% crit chance and the base damage boost. At least lowering the cap makes it something that could be built around and making it impact procs makes it something that could be worthwhile to build for.

Now this is definitely a nerf for PVE across the board. But for PVP I think we really need to see the proc changes and the cap before jumping to any conclusions.

That’s even worse, you’re creating an issue where there wasn’t an issue and, additionally, changing something for now other reason except to change it (for the worse).

And if crit isn’t an issue in PvP, it shouldn’t be hard capped in PvP. Especially with the existence of critical resistance, like the 20% you get for being alive, the 10% you get for slotting a cp, the 2% per piece you get per trait, or the 20% you get per set.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How the hell do you even get to 100% crit damage?
    My khajiit character info says 22%. If I then use channelled acceleration that would only bring it up by another 10%
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My khajiit character info says 22%. If I then use channelled acceleration that would only bring it up by another 10%

Base- 50%
    Medium (7) PCs- 14%
    Khajit- 12%
    Minor-10%
    Class passive- 10%
    Backstabber- 15%
    Cp- 10%
    Axes- 12%

Etc.

These are all double a regular damage buff but crit only on average so honestly not OP until you account for raising critical too and overall DPS.

Normal buffs will regularly sport you around the same actual damage.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on September 19, 2021 5:24PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

50% at base, nightblades get a passive that gives 10% more. Minor Force is yet another 10%. Khajit racial passive is another 8%. And various other passives from medium armor, dual or 2-hand axes as well as sets that give other unique crit damage bonuses will all increase it further.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess:

hard cap crit rate at 75%.

Hard cap crit damage at 100%

Totally punishing classes with heavy crit passives, Khajiits, axes, a bunch of sets, harpooner's kilt, etc.

But now you can run Dark Convergence in PVE trials. :D
    Edited by katorga on September 19, 2021 5:29PM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    My guess:

hard cap crit rate at 75%.

Hard cap crit damage at 100%

Totally punishing classes with heavy crit passives, Khajiits, axes, a bunch of sets, harpooner's kilt, etc.

But now you can run Dark Convergence in PVE trials. :D

Ridiculous, contrary to “play the way you want”, very short sighted for PvP
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions