The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Theory Craft Update 32: Hybrid Set Changes

merpins
merpins
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
DISCUSSION: With the new hybrid changes coming, what sets do you think will be viable for stamina DPS now? What about magicka DPS? Lets hear your crazy ideas and how to combine sets that didn't work before on a stam or mag build, but could now possibly make some bonkers combos!
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on what the crit cap is, Medusa will suddenly become available to more Stamina-focused specs as a perpetual source of Minor Force. Mother's Sorrow will also become a good beginner crit set, since despite it's line of Magicka, will still provide plenty of crit and has the bonus of being farmed via overworld rather than dungeon.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bonkers combos aside, I think most of my fun will be had with throwing sets like Combat Physician on a Stamina Warden healer.

Also looking forward to fun pet builds on a Sorcerer where I can run with pet sets that used to be exclusively stamina, like Defiler and Unfathomable Darkness:

- Twilight
    - Scamp
    - Atronach (ultimate)
    - Defiler set (hunger spawns)
    - Unfathomable Darkness (crows)
    - Maw of the Infernal (daedroth)

Toss in Mirri or Bastian and I've got a fun little team.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tzogvin, Berserking Warrior, and Relequen for mag all the way.

Zaan for Stam
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonkers combos aside, I think most of my fun will be had with throwing sets like Combat Physician on a Stamina Warden healer.

Also looking forward to fun pet builds on a Sorcerer where I can run with pet sets that used to be exclusively stamina, like Defiler and Unfathomable Darkness:

- Twilight
    - Scamp
    - Atronach (ultimate)

Don't forget Morkuldin
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it was powerful for stamina builds even with all the stats being very poor for them, Draugrkin is now going to be even better for stamina DoT builds with the added weapon penetration. Don't think the max magicka and magicka recovery will be hybridized though. The combat preview only included damage, pen, and crit.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want more options but I definitely don't want most of the sets to be hybridized. I've always wanted a hybrid Julianos and Mother's Sorrow though. I never asked for much more than that. More sources of weapon/spell power and a way to put spell and weapon damage on jewelry would be nice but it's not necessary. I like hybrids being niche.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want more options but I definitely don't want most of the sets to be hybridized. I've always wanted a hybrid Julianos and Mother's Sorrow though. I never asked for much more than that. More sources of weapon/spell power and a way to put spell and weapon damage on jewelry would be nice but it's not necessary. I like hybrids being niche.

Hybrid julianos and mother's sorrow? You mean Hundings and Levithian set?
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mother's Sorrow and Levithian crit monster might be fun.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »

Hybrid julianos and mother's sorrow? You mean Hundings and Levithian set?

Yeah. It's going to be interesting to see how those are handled. Maybe the only difference will be one line of max stats.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing if mag and stam stats will also provide both. If so, I am considering something like Alfiq and Hulking Dragr for crazy max stats.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...so if I run Twice Born Star (TBS)

with

Warrior: Increases Weapon Damage by 238 (389 with 7 Legendary Divine Traits)
    and
    Apprentice: Increases Spell Power by 238 (389 with 7 Legendary Divine Traits)

Will I get just increased weapon and spell damage 238
    or
    Get twice that amount 476?

Or just laughed at because no one likes TBS?

Tanks,

Z
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭

- Twilight
    - Scamp
    - Atronach (ultimate)

Why not become a ww then you get the pet wolves as well
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm...so if I run Twice Born Star (TBS)

with

Warrior: Increases Weapon Damage by 238 (389 with 7 Legendary Divine Traits)
    and
    Apprentice: Increases Spell Power by 238 (389 with 7 Legendary Divine Traits)

Will I get just increased weapon and spell damage 238
    or
    Get twice that amount 476?
    Mundus stones are not touched, so TBS changes nothing here. There is no reason to give anything doubled here :)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing if mag and stam stats will also provide both. If so, I am considering something like Alfiq and Hulking Dragr for crazy max stats.
    It's my understanding of the combat preview that they won't. But honestly the promised changes are wild enough I wouldn't have batted an eye if resources lines were hybridized too.

Anyway, my first thought was that this change will encourage using skills from the opposite resource pool since hybrid sets will mean they get free damage buffs. First this will make sustain better, and second it may lead to less skill diversity between stam and mag toons if one of the morphs is clearly better in a scenario (thinking of siphon and shalks but expecting that list to grow now).
    PC NA
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'll probably just run a bunch of proc damage sets and whatever skills I need to increase penetration, crit chance, and crit damage.