The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Delayed synergy activation after patch?

JayKwellen
JayKwellen
✭✭✭✭✭
On console so just got the update yesterday.

Currently in Cyrodiil and I've noticed that avid boneyard's synergy has a delay now once placed. Where before it could be dropped and activated immediately, now there's a ~0.5 second delay before the activation even becomes available.

It feels horrific to use, and makes magcro feel even clunkier than it already was, if such a thing was possible.

I don't remember reading this in the patch notes anywhere, did I just miss it? Did zos stealth nerf it? Or did they just break something else?
Edited by JayKwellen on September 9, 2021 3:03AM
Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
AD PvP
Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The delay was added on PC, too. ZOS hasn't reacted to any of the bug reports about it. Who knows if it is a stealth nerf or a bug...
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've noticed a .4 second Boneyard delay. It is horrible.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that it's related to the new area calculation method implemented over the last several patches.

IIRC Boneyard and several other ground AoEs received the update in the last patch.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 of us, across 3 classes, noticed minor animation / delay differences on several skills and weapon skills last night after the patch yesterday.

At firs we thought latency or performance relation. Then moved to dungeon instances, delves, houses, etc. It is just a straight up update I think at this point. Which only took a couple of hours to get used to anyway. Whether intended or not, I don't see anything in any notes. Although, as @YandereGirlfriend pointed out, many things were seeing updates and changes in calculations and execution over the last few patches. This just may be the next phase or culmination.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I've noticed a .4 second Boneyard delay. It is horrible.

Well at least it's not just me. Damn, that really sucks to hear it confirmed though.

Using avid boneyard in PvP is pretty much untenable now. The delay makes it essentially impossible to hit anyone now unless they're standing on top of you and keep standing there after the boneyard is placed. Even using dawnbreaker for the stun doesn't help. All day yesterday people were just breaking free and rolling out of it before I could even get the activation off.

The only workaround I've found is to have it placed first before you ult. Thing is, literally nobody is going to stand in it when they know you're using harmony. You can't use it to burst anymore, instead you have to put out this huge "stand here to die" sign out for everyone to see. And the only people who are gonna stand in it are the people would have died anyway.

Using clench to knock people back into it and activating it when they hit the ground is also possible and I have done that before, but with positional desynchs being so bad half the time people fly in opposite directions from where you hit them. Not interested in playing a class where success comes down to the equivalence of a random coin flip.

I've solely played a non-VD harmony magcro for ages now, and just like that ZOS relegated it to the trash heap. I've arrived at the point where my options are delete harmony and play without it, or delete ESO and play something better. The latter uses being something I thought would come one day, but honestly not so soon.
    Edited by JayKwellen on September 10, 2021 12:35AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by JayKwellen on September 10, 2021 12:33AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    3 of us, across 3 classes, noticed minor animation / delay differences on several skills and weapon skills last night after the patch yesterday.

At firs we thought latency or performance relation. Then moved to dungeon instances, delves, houses, etc. It is just a straight up update I think at this point. Which only took a couple of hours to get used to anyway. Whether intended or not, I don't see anything in any notes. Although, as @YandereGirlfriend pointed out, many things were seeing updates and changes in calculations and execution over the last few patches. This just may be the next phase or culmination.

Tried swapping weapons and I'm noticing it will not switch for skills with a synergy until they are fully cast.
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh its not easy to hit anything with it now.

This patch has serious issues with clonky animations all over the place.

/edit

Just abuse Hrothgar + DC like everyone else is at the moment. Devs clearly don't want you to use any active skills or abilities else they would surely have enough server compute power allocated for such a playstyle right?
    Edited by Sneakers on September 14, 2021 1:07PM
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes we noticed too, now it's just useless
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried testing this on the current PTS?