The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ancient/Vanilla Akaviri style

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
✭✭✭✭✭
If we read the pages of the vanilla Akaviri style, we find out that they describe the Kamal equipment that recently invaded Skyrim. We also know that the ancients motifs that have been added as antiques are actually just an improved version of the existing vanilla styles. The Ancient Akavir motif is an improved version of the Akaviri style, but if we read the description, we find that it describes the armor and weapons of Tsaesci, who bowed to Reman. It's some kind of mistake? Or is it worth considering that Kamal and Tsaesci are one folk?
Edited by Parasaurolophus on September 18, 2021 1:20AM
PC/EU
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kamal are the "ice demons" and separate from the Tsaesci which are humans described as vampiric snakes. This is often interpreted as them being actual snakes, but it's more of a demonization of the people due to their style of armor and enchantments. Tsaesci love their health absorption spells and scaled armor.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is one of those basegame timecrunch issues. The Kamal invasion was in the lore before ESO so it had to stay like that, even if the Underking isn't making any appearance in the official accounts anymore (probably because the Ebonheart Pact wouldn't have been possible with him around).
    So the Kamal, despite being different from the Tsaesci, simply couldn't get the attention they deserved at launch. They should not have been describing the Akaviri style as Kamal, that was a bad choice on ZOS' part, but they probably felt it was easier to justify that way.
    Rich has shed some insights on the early development in one of this live streams where he was asked what he would do differently if he could travel back in time with the knowledge he has now and his answer was deciding earlier what kind of game they want to make, meaning an elder scrolls game first and MMO second. My intepretation of that and the explanation that followed is that they probably would have paid more attention to the lore in early development, had the One Tamriel changes at launch and designed the zones with that freedom of exploration in mind. My guess is that we would have had more concrete info on the Kamal if that had happened as the Akaviri invasion is a big focus on the Pact's formation story, which I feel got rushed.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    The Kamal are the "ice demons" and separate from the Tsaesci which are humans described as vampiric snakes. This is often interpreted as them being actual snakes, but it's more of a demonization of the people due to their style of armor and enchantments. Tsaesci love their health absorption spells and scaled armor.

and fanged masks
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey when we get akavir as a continent (with many chapters/years worth of content) you will probly get a kamal race and the proper armour/armours to go with. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope ESO fleshes out and elaborates on Akavir, and the akaviri