The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK Class Redesign/Improvement [Detailed] - Bringing DK Into 2021

Cor_
Cor_
✭✭
Dragonknight has been my favourite class since this game's release. I have played it every patch that I have been actively playing the game. I have seen it go through it’s highs of dynamic ulti and it’s lows of dragon blood healing you for 2k at 1% health. It has been quite the ride but I feel that currently, DK has been sliding further and further down the viability list and requires some changes to bring it back up to power.

Be warned that the following post is fairly lengthy, however, I have placed spoilers throughout so that you can choose what you want to read and a TLDR below. Important skill reworks are bold and have *s on either side to signal their significance. Skills that I have excluded are ones that I think are viable as they are and don’t require reworks. Any skill damage tooltips mentioned are on clean characters without any passives/gear/CP etc. to show their damage scaling.

I will be addressing active skill and passive skill reworks and trying my best to provide ideas that:
  • are on par with what other class kits offer so that we have justification for giving it to DK as well
  • keep the DK class identity strong
  • minimize the overturning of the class in PvP/PvE

TL;DR Key Changes (not exhaustive):
  • Molten Whip procs from any DK ability
  • Combustion also gives 100% increase chance to apply burning/poisoned
  • World in Ruin gives 5% fire/poison damage instead of 6% AOE flame damage
  • Green Dragon Blood scales off health like Arctic Blast
  • Protective Scales has 4 seconds of snare immunity
  • Deep Breath has no initial damage and heal and is just delayed damage like Shalks but increases in strength if you interrupt someone with it
  • Elder Dragon passives now grants 5% melee damage in addition to the 2m range increase. Removed health recovery.
  • Scaled Armor gives 2k armor now
  • Cinder Storm costs basically half as much, lasts 12 seconds instead of 18, snare is 30% instead of 70%
  • Eternal Mountain gives 10% Earthern Heart ability cost reduction as well
  • Battle Roar now scales with ultimate consumed rather than ultimate cost
    • Cor_
      Cor_
      ✭✭
      Ardent Flame
      Active Skills
      *Molten Whip*
      There are two other skills that change based on conditions, however I feel that Molten Whip is too restrictive in it’s condition compared to other skills. Conditional class skills include:
      • Molten Whip
        Condition: 3 other ardent flame ability casts
        Damage:
        3089/3856/4623 (2323 * 1.33/1.66/1.99)
        3197/4126/5108 (2323 * 1.33/1.66/1.99 + 75/150/225 Spell Damage)
        Extra Effect: 33% whip damage increase and 75 Spell Damage per stack (99% and 225 at 3 stacks)
      • Crystal Frag
        Condition: 35% chance on any magical ability
        Damage: 4122 (2483 * 1.66 for 66% damage increase from proc)
        Extra Effect: 50% reduce cost on Crystal Frag and 10% cost reduction on next ability after use
      • Spectral Bow
        Condition: 5 light or heavy attacks
        Damage: 4321/4752 (Stam/Mag)
        Extra Effect: 50% reduce cost on firing Spectral Bow, 10% critical damage/healing at 5 stacks, 33/50% (Stam/Mag) heal of damage in melee range

Crystal Frag and the Spectral Bow will proc from players playing naturally and not changing their gameplay behaviour or build design however, molten whip forces a DK to place ardent flame abilities on their whip bar and forces them to use them for the sole purpose of proccing the full power molten whip. Ardent flame is full of dots so recasting them frequently is counter intuitive design. This results in unnecessary ability use, additional strain on sustain and telegraphs the DKs intentions.

Proposed Change
      Borrowing from Necromancer’s Venom Skull, I propose to change Molten Whip’s condition to “any Dragonknight ability cast”. This allows for a more natural gameplay experience for the DK and hides the intention better because it will constantly refreshes with ability casts and you don’t know when they will actually use it.
      Inferno
      This is more of a quality of life change than a required change. I propose to change inferno to 20 seconds, increase the cost to justify the duration increase, but allow the Major Prophecy/Savagery buff to be active while the skill is active, similar to Lotus Flower from Warden. This enables DK to have a major crit buff active on both bars, increasing their overall damage potential.
      Passive Skills
      *Combustion*
      This passive is extremely unique, however I feel the condition isn’t general enough for all builds to benefit from it. The only time when I have ever felt this passive is when you run charged destruction staves. Stam DK feels this even less as they don’t have the option to run destruction staves at all.

Proposed Change
      Similar to the Warden’s Glacial Presence passive (200% chance to proc chilled with Winter’s Embrace skills), I would propose to add to this passive or another, “100% increased chance to apply Burning/Poisoned with Dragonknight skills”.
      This enables this passive to proc more frequently and improve Dragonknight sustain but limits it to only DK abilities so that the sustain isn’t increased from all sources.

Warmth
      Another quality of life change rather than a must, increase the snare to 40% instead of 30%. There are so many movement buffs in general that this would be just a small buff to DKs being able to stay on top of people.

*World In Ruin*
      The narrow nature of this passive is inconsistent with other classes and their damage multipliers. Here is a list of damage multipliers for all classes:
      • World In Ruin - Dragonknight
        6% increase to Flame Area of Effect abilities
      • Piercing Cold - Warden
        10% increase to Magic and Frost damage
      • Energized - Sorcerer
        5% increase to Physical and Shock damage
      • Amplitude - Sorcerer
        1% damage increase for every 10% health the enemy has

Proposed Change
      As you can see, class damage multipliers for everyone except DK are quite general. Simply, I would change this passive to “increase Flame and Poison damage by 5%”.
    • Cor_
      Cor_
      ✭✭
      Draconic Power
      Active Skills
      Hardened Armor
      Change the damage return type to physical to give DK morph variety as they can either look to proc overcharged with volatile or sundered with hardened armor.
      Green Dragon Blood
      Let it scale with health like arctic blast rather than missing health.
      Protective scale
      Increase the snare and root immunity to 4 seconds
      Dragon Fire Scale
      Decrease the cooldown to 0.25s so that it works better in outnumbered situations.
      Deep Breath
      Alot of DKs have been requesting to change this skill to delayed burst so here goes:
      • Remove the initial damage and heal portion of this skill
      • Increase the damage of the exhale
      • Keep the interrupt mechanic but add 20-50% damage increase to the exhale if you successfully interrupt someone using it
      • Reduce the cost to that of shalks or blast bones or slightly higher
      This allows DK to have a delayed burst ability that has reasonable cost but when used optimally, they can pack a serious punch.
      Passive Skills
      Burning Heart
      This is more a quality of life rather than needed but changing this to 8% healing received and 8% healing done would help those few DK healers while also slighting buffing DK healing. Not sure if it's needed at all but could be a nice change.
      *Elder Dragon*
      This passive was bad even when health recovery was a viable stat. Now it's worse than useless. There are many passives in other classes that require much less but grant much more recovery. If the other sustain changes that are mentioned in this post are implemented, I don't think the DK needs % increase to recovery. I think it would be fine.

Proposal
      Remove health recovery completely and focus on the melee aspect of the passive. DK is a melee class through and through so I propose to amplify that even more.
      In addition to the range increase, all melee direct damage abilities have their damage increased by 5%.
      This allows for not only whip to hit harder but for stamDK to have weapon spammables hit for more damage. It doesn't affect abilities like leap so the aoe burst potential is minimised.
      Scaled Armor
      The direct comparison for this skill is templars balanced warrior which provides 6% WD and SD at the loss of 300 armor. To bring these two abilities more in line, I propose an increase to 2000 armor.
    • Cor_
      Cor_
      ✭✭
      Earthern Heart
      Active Skills
      Cinderstorm
      The cost of this ability is way overturned for what it does. If we compare this ability to another long aoe heal, Illustrious Healing, we can see the absurdity clearly.
      • The heal amount is the same
      • Illustrious has a 2m larger radius
      • It is half the cost
      It lasts 6 seconds less and doesn't have a snare attached. If 6 seconds and a snare cause the cost to be this much higher, then please reduce the duration to 12s and the snare to 30% and the cost to Illustrious Healing’s. They are the same ability then but illustrious provides larger radius for better healing of a group while cinder provides that snare.
      Passive Skills
      Eternal Mountain
      Duration increase passives are really poor in comparison to other passives. So to amplify this passive’s power, I propose that it also decreases the cost of all Earthern Heart abilities by 10%. Earthern Heart is a ridiculously expensive skill tree. This cost reduction would go a long way to helping DK sustain and actually allow them to justify using such high costing abilities.

*Battle Roar*
      The iconic staple of DK. This is a simple but large change that could enormously help DK sustain. Allow battle roar to function off of the ultimate consumed rather than the ultimate cost. This is akin to how Balorgh functions.
      This would allow DK to save up their ultimate without suffering massive sustain losses. We all know DK requires their ultimate to execute but saving it for the perfect time comes at the cost of sustain. This alleviates this issue.
      Edited by Cor_ on September 15, 2021 7:40AM
    • Shaloknir
      Shaloknir
      ✭✭✭
      Cor_ wrote: »
      Dragonknight has been my favourite class since this game's release. I have played it every patch that I have been actively playing the game. I have seen it go through it’s highs of dynamic ulti and it’s lows of dragon blood healing you for 2k at 1% health. It has been quite the ride but I feel that currently, DK has been sliding further and further down the viability list and requires some changes to bring it back up to power.

Be warned that the following post is fairly lengthy, however, I have placed spoilers throughout so that you can choose what you want to read and a TLDR below. Important skill reworks are bold and have *s on either side to signal their significance. Skills that I have excluded are ones that I think are viable as they are and don’t require reworks. Any skill damage tooltips mentioned are on clean characters without any passives/gear/CP etc. to show their damage scaling.

I will be addressing active skill and passive skill reworks and trying my best to provide ideas that:
      • are on par with what other class kits offer so that we have justification for giving it to DK as well
      • keep the DK class identity strong
      • minimize the overturning of the class in PvP/PvE

TL;DR Key Changes (not exhaustive):
      • Molten Whip procs from any DK ability
      • Combustion also gives 100% increase chance to apply burning/poisoned
      • World in Ruin gives 5% fire/poison damage instead of 6% AOE flame damage
      • Green Dragon Blood scales off health like Arctic Blast
      • Protective Scales has 4 seconds of snare immunity
      • Deep Breath has no initial damage and heal and is just delayed damage like Shalks but increases in strength if you interrupt someone with it
      • Elder Dragon passives now grants 5% melee damage in addition to the 2m range increase. Removed health recovery.
      • Scaled Armor gives 2k armor now
      • Cinder Storm costs basically half as much, lasts 12 seconds instead of 18, snare is 30% instead of 70%
      • Eternal Mountain gives 10% Earthern Heart ability cost reduction as well
      • Battle Roar now scales with ultimate consumed rather than ultimate cost

Well written and justified changes. Nothing that breaks the class and makes it too powerful. I hope ZOS reads and implements some of the changes in not-too-distant-future :)
      • Larcomar
        Larcomar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Interesting post. I didn't agree with all of it - I know a lot of pvp'rs want deep breath to become the DK shalks, but I suspect a lot of pve'rs like it as a heal / aoe. Needs to be cheaper and for the love of god the initial hit should be flame not magic, but it's certainly fun to use. But there are certainly some well thought out - and sensible - ideas here.

I guess my main thought would be a broader comment on DK, particularly Magdk. I love mine, but have always felt that the Magdk has a bit of an identity crisis because it's a magika class that really needs to fight in melee range. That both makes it pretty interesting but also gives it some problems.

First, as a magika using class, most of the sets you're going to want to use are light armor which doesn't sit that well with being up close and personal. I'd like to see more heavy sets aimed at magdk - it's really only elfbane right now. Something that makes heavy less penalising would be welcome too, but possibly unbalancing.

Second, the thing I find really limits me esp in cyro is the absence of a reliable gap closer. Empowering chains is just clunky and pretty horrible to use, and I'd guess most use unrelenting grip instead. Which doesn't work most of the time Id guess due to cc immunity. Given the amount people run round and round and round nowadays in cyro, I often just give up on trying to get into melee range and dump whip, breath and embers and just spam crushing shock, degeneration. It's like playing a magsorc. Without the cool stuff.... I really like to see empowering chains reworked; hell, just make it work like stampede with flame damage and it would be fine.

Edited by Larcomar on September 15, 2021 1:18PM
      • SaintSubwayy
        SaintSubwayy
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Larcomar wrote: »
        Interesting post. I didn't agree with all of it - I know a lot of pvp'rs want deep breath to become the DK shalks, but I suspect a lot of pve'rs like it as a heal / aoe. Needs to be cheaper and for the love of god the initial hit should be flame not magic, but it's certainly fun to use. But there are certainly some well thought out - and sensible - ideas here.

I guess my main thought would be a broader comment on DK, particularly Magdk. I love mine, but have always felt that the Magdk has a bit of an identity crisis because it's a magika class that really needs to fight in melee range. That both makes it pretty interesting but also gives it some problems.

First, as a magika using class, most of the sets you're going to want to use are light armor which doesn't sit that well with being up close and personal. I'd like to see more heavy sets aimed at magdk - it's really only elfbane right now. Something that makes heavy less penalising would be welcome too, but possibly unbalancing.

Second, the thing I find really limits me esp in cyro is the absence of a reliable gap closer. Empowering chains is just clunky and pretty horrible to use, and I'd guess most use unrelenting grip instead. Which doesn't work most of the time Id guess due to cc immunity. Given the amount people run round and round and round nowadays in cyro, I often just give up on trying to get into melee range and dump whip, breath and embers and just spam crushing shock, degeneration. It's like playing a magsorc. Without the cool stuff.... I really like to see empowering chains reworked; hell, just make it work like stampede with flame damage and it would be fine.

in PVP jeah sure, wearing a heavy set, which boosts your offensive stats is nice.

I personally (PvE Endgame perspective) would love Elfbane to be light, it would be a very strong set for magDK and provide another alternative to the standart MS,Medusa, Siroria, Bahsei setups everybody is running.

there are only a very few selective fight, in which Elfbane is on par with a standard setup like solo Portal in vCR+3 or the Comitee in HoF where Elfbane is on par with Siroria if you use the correct setup (stack and burn strategy)

a easy Buff to the set, woul dbe to add a 2nd 5pcs bonus which adds 1,5k offensive penetration.
        PC EU
        vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        I'm not saying inhale shouldn't be buffed but that suggestion sounds to me like it just makes dk another warden/necro in terms of rotation, but with better DoTs and spammables. When I think the heavy DoT nature of dk's class kit is unique and should be focused on. Shalks and Blastbones are already too similar to eachother, inhale doesn't need to join the party.
        PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
      • Greek_Hellspawn
        Greek_Hellspawn
        ✭✭✭✭
        Pvp perspective i would like dk to stay the dot class with no delayed burst, BUT i would like dots to actually do damage.

Personally i would change the searing heat passive to not increase the duration of the dots instead make it increase the ticks, so it would do more dmg but in shorter time for better pressure.
        I would also buff it to 40% instead of 33%.
      • Xvorg
        Xvorg
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Larcomar wrote: »

Akaviri Dragonguard, Black Rose, Medusa, Rattlecage, Shalk's, Wyrd tree, just to name a few were some other options for mDK at least in PvP. IDK why Elf Bane has become a good set now, it was always regarded as a bad joke (it became good in combo with zaan)

Livewire + wall of storms allowed you to combo consecutive power lashes until some care bears complained about being permanently off balance. Now off balance means nothing (Kudos to the development team).

Fire and fury they said... only inside this small box. Go outside the box and you will be punished next update
        Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
        In the wrong house
        With the wrong ascendancy
        I took the wrong road
        That led to the wrong tendencies
        I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
        For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
        On the wrong day of the wrong week
        Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
      • Amottica
        Amottica
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Some good thoughts here. While I expect the % increase damage portions would need to be tweaked as 5% may be a little high and dragon blood scaling off missing health works fine, I think some good ideas are being presented to Zenimax with this thread.
      • kojou
        kojou
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Combustion and Battle Roar are the primary sustain tools and some buffs to those, or overall cost reduction to DK skills would be fine to help that. Burning already procs a lot if you keep your rotation going so an increase of chance is not needed IMO.

I would fully support having the whip proc off all DK skills rather than just the Ardent Flame ones, I would also like whip to also increase the stacks until we hit the 3rd one. That seems like a no brainer. It wouldn't have a huge effect on DPS, but it would be a nice QoL thing and improve burst.

Rather than just a static increase to damage for World in Ruin I would like to see the DK get a damage increase per active DK skills kind of like a personal Zen's Redress buff. That way the DoT rotation play style is rewarded. This also makes the duration increase passive more impactful (which I am actually a fan of). I know PvP'ers would prefer shorter duration harder hitting DoTs, but in PvE this would be a sustain nerf. Think if it this way... instead of refreshing an expensive DoT I get to cast 2 more cheap spammables.

I'm ok with increasing FOO to 20 seconds, but I wouldn't want to decrease the duration for Eruption. They can do whatever to Cinder Storm since I don't use that morph. :smile:

One of the biggest weaknesses DK's have IMO is the way our healing comes in. Burning Embers is a burst heal at the end of a DoT and Dragon Blood is also a decent burst heal but bother cost a GCD and magicka if you need to "top off" your health, but the only class based HoT we have comes at the cost of trading Flames of Oblivion for Cauterize. Sorcerers have Crit Surge, Nightblades have Swallow Soul, Templars have Puncturing Sweeps, Wardens have Lotus Blossom and Bond with Nature, and Necromancers have Scythe and Spirit Guardian. All of these are predictable HoTs (or at least healing you get while doing damage) that don't come with the cost of losing a damage morph. This basically means that DKs have more trouble doing mechanics in group content that require a bit more survival (Portals in VSS and VCR, and Backroom in VMoL for example). With enough skill it can be done, but the other classes generally have an easier time of it and are preferred. I mean would you rather do them on a DK or Sorcerer/Nightblade/Templar?

Anyway, DK has some weaknesses, but aesthetically I think the class is the most fun to play, so I would love to have some things buffed to fix the issues with it.
        Edited by kojou on September 16, 2021 5:54PM
        Playing since beta...
      • ArcVelarian
        ArcVelarian
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I would just add:
        1. Whip should function similarly to Soul Trap. Meaning that it deals either Fire Damage or Poison Damage, and the damage dealt is based on your highest offensive stats.
        2. Remove the cast time from Stone Giant.
        Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
      • Nebula_DooM
        Nebula_DooM
        ✭✭✭
        Good changes imo. One thing id change is ash cloud to give minor evasion as well as a heal or dmg, rather than it being a placeable aoe, imo it would be nicer if it stuck onto you. If thats the case make the heal morph a non aoe since the dmg one is used in pve. It would be comparable to nb dark cloak.

Another change specifically for stam dk is to remove the cast time for stone giant so i can feel more like an earthbender from avatar lol.

Dks should also be rewarded for their dot playstyle and should have a passive to reflect it too.

Great suggestions tho!
        Edited by Nebula_DooM on September 18, 2021 3:43AM
      • AinSoph
        AinSoph
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Rework Warmth completely, it's extremely outdated and the snare potency isn't even up to par with recent snares
      • Jamdarius
        Jamdarius
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ARDENT FLAME:
        ACTIVE SKILLS:

Ulti Dragonknight Standard morph: Instead of shifting standard morph let us carry the banner on our backs, a lot players have easier time with their ultimates after all. As a bonus it could give shackle synergy more times instead of 1 time (5 sec cool down on synergy perhaps?).

Lava Whip and morphs: I agree it should have easier conditions to proc it's effect but instead of casting DK skills I would add condition to any skill. Also we really need stam/poison whip, people asked for it forever.

Burning Embers and Venomous Claws: Would change just 1 thing but it's a bit radical, it is 2 easy to cleanse these 2 effects in PvP, Dk is a DoT class and most of our dots get easily cleansed so those 2 skills bread and butter for both stam and mag dk should not be possible to be cleansed, however you cannot stack on 1 player (notice player vs player only) multiple same morphs effects/DoT's. that would make these skills more viable in PvP against constant cleansing Wardens and Templars.

Engulfing Flame and Noxious breath In solo situations Noxious breath is really great source for pen, however in group content it's breach becomes obviously not needed due to other players taking on the role to cast them. If you ask me it should mirror flame morph with max 10% increase in poison damage. For complainers about major breach being off etc. 6k res is roughly 9% dmg mitigation, 10% poison dmg increase would not change it much and instead it would translate to more DPS in group content.

Fiery Grip and morphs just never touch it, it is good the way it is, although gap closer could be stam instead dealing either physical or poisoned damage. Oh and they need to fix the chains to actually never stop working in PvP till somebody dies or changes zones, it happens from time to time especially in PvP and the skill cannot even be used.

Inferno and morphs Agree that it should give time based crit buff during the duration but also keep the crit for slotting it, so that we do not miss it on 1 bar when it runs out. Cauterize should also send 2 healing balls or possible some kind of buff after healing if it keeps being 1 ball. Also it would be nice if both morphs didn't care about height between players, if say player A is on the wall and player B is directly below that wall if there is a line of sight it should still be launched at them.

PASSIVE SKILLS:

Combustion: It needs to be completely reworked or add more resources back if that condition prevails. Agreed on the chance to proc status effects tied to poison/flame dmg.

Warmth: Agreed, I am tired of players running away due to having so much speed.

Searing Heat: leave as it is now.

World in Ruin: Would be nice to see that change, 5% to all damage flame/poison and cost reduction to both flame and poison abilities.

DRACONIC POWER

ACTIVE SKILLS

Ulti skill Leap and it's morphs: It just needs to be fixed to always work in both overland/pvp/pve, for example if Harrowstorm boss is flying you cannot use that skill on it even though all other ground AoE/Ultis do work. Same for Cyrodil/BG's and especially IC, jumping players can make the skill bug out and lock it to make me unable to use it. Many players seen this happen so we need it fixed. The problem is that ZOS is trying to prevent us from leaping onto keep walls I think and by doing so they broke the skill.

Spiked Armor and morphs: Agreed.

Talons and morphs: Hopefully some cost reduction, but I can dream on.

Green Dragonblood and Coagulating Blood: Agreed. Add Major Intellect (30% more mag rec) to Coagulating Blood to make it better counterpart. Major Fortitude (health recovery) simply should not exist, it brings nothing to the table.

Scale and it's morphs: Agree to both with a slight change to damage mitigation, it should be bit higher like 75%.

Breath and morphs: Agreed, that's what we wanted and if I can dream more pure flame and pure poison damage dependent on higher max offensive stat. If you have more stam it's poison if more mag than flame. I wanna burn ppl so much with just breathing :wink:

PASSIVE SKILLS

Iron Skin: Small improvement, Rank 1 should be 5% not 4%. Rank 2 stays at 10%.

Burning Heart: Agreed but change it to instead simply giving it to DK class for having points in it, I do not like it being tied on the condition of ''when Draconic Ability is active'' because there is not a single skill in this line that Healer would use (maybe major resistances if warden is not present only in certai nsituations like PvP).

Elder Dragon: Agree on recovery removal disagree on damage boost, it would be 2 much power creep, instead increase max health for having this passive skill would be better (not % to not make stupidly high life pool stacked players but fixed number like 2k or something on rank 2).

Scaled Armor: Agree it needs bit more than it does now, 3300 physical resistance would be nice to see as a bonus (roughly 5% damage mitigation, so we would have 5% damage mitigation at no cost to both mag and stam). Templars have 6% WD and SD increase and roughly 2% mitigation from their respective passive.

EARTHEN HEART:
        ACTIVE SKILLS:
        Ulti skill Magma Armor and morphs: Corrosive Armor is just good the way it is, I would reduce the cost a bit to 175 Ulti though not much cost reduction but it would certainly help. As for the Magma Shell, there is better skill called Barrier that not only gives more shield, last longer and can heal or replenish your resources but also by slotting it gives you additional buff (10% mag recovery if you invest into passive). hence Magma Shell should be either buffed with damage or way cheaper like 150 Ulti or give damage mitigation bonus to your group instead of shield, it would help to further distinguish the skill from barrier, I was thinking about cap of incoming damage to 10% max health / second.

Stonefist and morphs: Stam morph is the most clunky thing I have ever seen, hard to launch, delay to proc it's effects, meanwhile Cliff Racers just scream and do their job. Obsidian shard could fly faster. Also reduced cost to both morphs would be nice.

Molten weapons and it's morphs: The problem with both skills is they offer a bit 2 little for both the cost and group content, somebody poppin potion gets the same thing and there is plenty other ways to get those buffs. To make this a unique buff to DK Healer/DK 1 morph could offer light attack damage buff by 10% to group ( 20% on the caster) and the other heavy attack damage buff 20% on group (again more on the caster). I do not know exactly if it would be 2 overpowered in PvP for example but this would bring something unique to to the table and both Heal DK and DK in general would be desired more in groups. The idea comes from Bastian companion that has this kind of buff.

Obsidian Shield and it's morphs: I stopped tracking time for how long we have been asking for one morph to scale with max mag...

Petrify and it's morphs: They seem perfectly fine to me but I haven't used any of them as Stam DK in pvp (only mag), would be nice to know if they can manage resources in PvP situations to keep casting stun when needed.

Ash Cloud and morphs: Oh boy I can complain a lot about this one. First of all major cut in resource cost for both morphs, it is way 2 much for what it does. For Cinder Storm (healing morph) take out snare, Heal DK doesn't need it, instead give it synergy bonus to cleanse all players in that circle from 2 effects (as I always laugh, cleanse with fire is my desire).
        Eruption could give synergy to summon small Volcano (like Red Mountain set) and lob 3 fireballs at closest enemies within some distance (it would fit now with the name, I mean Eruption should make something erupt instead of our boiling feelings tied to this skill being so overpriced).

PASSIVE SKILLS:

Eternal Mountain: Agreed, 10% skill reduction seems fine.

Battle Roar: Agreed.

Mountains Blessing: I would not change anything.

Helping Hands: It should work on all skills from this skill line, including stam morphs because the conditions are 2 hard anyways, you need to cast non stamina Earthen Heart ability
        Edited by Jamdarius on September 18, 2021 7:30PM