Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence BG nightmare

napoleonssb16_ESO
It is a broken set but in BGs is beyond your dreams ZOS. Don't you care that New World is coming? Why sabotaging PvP? How many times we have to endure this kind of horrible additions every new patch?
Edited by napoleonssb16_ESO on September 15, 2021 9:09PM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its only been a few days. The full sting of it hasn't quite set in on console yet. But it's getting there.
  • napoleonssb16_ESO
    Is getting worse and worse in PC. Can be avoided most of the time in IC and Cyrodil, but in BGs? Is ridiculous. Flags ZOS? Even with DM next week, people stack DC in confined space. The queues in EUR are 15m+ because of the depopulation caused by this.
    Edited by napoleonssb16_ESO on September 15, 2021 8:51PM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is getting worse and worse in PC. Can be avoided most of the time in IC and Cyrodil, but in BGs? Is ridiculous. Flags ZOS? Even with DM next week, people stack DC in confined space. The queues in EUR are 15m+ because of the depopulation caused by this.

Lol. I think you're on to something.

*Removes objective games to reduce Dark Convergence complaints in BGs*
  • napoleonssb16_ESO
    Jameson18 wrote: »

Lol. I think you're on to something.

*Removes objective games to reduce Dark Convergence complaints in BGs*

I don't know man. It is a very distasteful situation. 2-3 Necros over-healing standing in confined spaces until the CD of DC is off. is that PvP?
    Edited by napoleonssb16_ESO on September 15, 2021 10:34PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Cyro it seems that every AOE on the ground has DC proc. It is impossible to avoid. Either due to lag or bugs, idk which one, possible both, as DC seems to be ignoring CC immunity and often pulls you even if you are 2 - 5 meters away of the AOE's edge, even if you hold block. Only thing you can do is try to avoid getting damaged by DC's 2nd effect. But the pull ? Forget it. It has no reliable counter. Same story with Hrothgar. Set is bugged and it hits for 3 - 4x times more than it should.

I wasn't checking how the sitiation looks like in IC, but I would imagine it is the same story as in BGs & Cyro, as DC is also excellent set for PvE, so naturally it would be used a lot in IC.
  • napoleonssb16_ESO
    In Cyro it seems that every AOE on the ground has DC proc. It is impossible to avoid. Either due to lag or bugs, idk which one, possible both, as DC seems to be ignoring CC immunity and often pulls you even if you are 2 - 5 meters away of the AOE's edge, even if you hold block. Only thing you can do is try to avoid getting damaged by DC's 2nd effect. But the pull ? Forget it. It has no reliable counter. Same story with Hrothgar. Set is bugged and it hits for 3 - 4x times more than it should.

I wasn't checking how the sitiation looks like in IC, but I would imagine it is the same story as in BGs & Cyro, as DC is also excellent set for PvE, so naturally it would be used a lot in IC.

Of course it does, but the problem in IC is in confined spaces or around the Flags. And it is not as bad as BGs, where there are only 4 players and there is no way to go around this because they stack it on objectives. Just played a DM and there were two teams with DCs and they did not move :D. They stayed there and who ever made the mistake to move an inch lost. In IC and Cyro apart from battles inside the Keeps can be anticipated and avoided at least. Not that it makes PvP any better.
    Edited by napoleonssb16_ESO on September 15, 2021 10:52PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would have been great if these sets were simply siege engines instead ...

Use the tool unique to Cyrodiil intended to fight huge numbers of people to fix a problem unique to Cyrodiil involving huge numbers of people. Instead of a crazy OP set usable everywhere by everybody.
    Edited by Fennwitty on September 16, 2021 12:09PM
    PC NA
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh thank God for this post! I hadn't seen a negative DC post in quite some time. Thank you!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last patch was the TTK issue. This patch it's DC (and other new sets to a lesser extent). Fact is that solo queues take forever and it's always the same cheesers every other match.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing this is one of the patches I am having the most fun to play.
    Who cares of playing "politically correct".

They release broken sets? It is a MMO, go on and use them all, they are available for everyone.

I never died a single time to Dark Convergence into Ulti dumps from an entire team.

Well Fitted-Sturdy is the way to go this patch in Bgs, Impenetrable is over rated and completely useless against procs.

It's an MMO, in every MMO there are Meta builds and sets and sets that are broken and will reiceive a nerf, just use it till then and stop complaining.

If still you cry over broken sets, go play Call of Duty or any FPS where there aren't builds, but everyone is the same.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    If still you cry over broken sets, go play Call of Duty or any FPS where there aren't builds, but everyone is the same.

But everyone is the same in ESO. They're all running dark convergence
  • SalamanNZ
    SalamanNZ
    ✭✭✭
    DC only annoys me when I'm chasing after someone and a DC pulls me back from them. Grrr
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw one dude get 34 kills with it in a BG match. Then he came up to the relic I was guarding and tried to use it on me. I could see how he got so many kills as we fought and it was annoying as heck. Set acted as his stun, and if I got pulled in he had a burst and/or ultimate lined up for the killing blow. Only died to it once, took him out three times (which accounted for 3/4ths of his total deaths), and my team were absolutely livid with him in group chat.

It was not fun to face off against him, and I don't dare enter a group queue after that one chaos ball match. One team had a tank werewolf hold onto the ball, one healer, and two DPS all with Dark Convergence. The healer's springs proced the set funny enough, but as you can expect nobody could really compete with them. Explosions everywhere, tons of CC, and if the one Sorc dude threw down his negate it proced DC and you could guarantee everyone in it was dead.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @zos_kevin There have been several of these threads about Dark Convergence armor set (and Hrothgar's Chill set) being crazy overpowered, and soon there will be a 'deathmatch only' battleground queue without other options according to @zos_Ginabruno. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586410/upcoming-changes-to-battleground-queues

Are the developers aware that testing deathmatch battlegrounds while battlegrounds are full of these sets almost exclusively will probably affect the results of the test?
    Edited by Fennwitty on September 17, 2021 2:41AM
    PC NA
  • napoleonssb16_ESO
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Funny thing this is one of the patches I am having the most fun to play.
    Who cares of playing "politically correct".

They release broken sets? It is a MMO, go on and use them all, they are available for everyone.

I never died a single time to Dark Convergence into Ulti dumps from an entire team.

Well Fitted-Sturdy is the way to go this patch in Bgs, Impenetrable is over rated and completely useless against procs.

It's an MMO, in every MMO there are Meta builds and sets and sets that are broken and will reiceive a nerf, just use it till then and stop complaining.

No, I want ZOS not to *publish broken sets* when is verified broken and they knew it even before PTS. They knew what was going to happen. This is a new level. Crimson when in its glory was nothing compared to DC. People stack it and the battle is stalemate at its best. Not to add the Hrogarth bug. You go play if you like with sets for 1 click players, I prefer some respect for PvP from ZOS .
    Edited by napoleonssb16_ESO on September 17, 2021 10:35AM
  • napoleonssb16_ESO
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    @zos_kevin There have been several of these threads about Dark Convergence armor set (and Hrothgar's Chill set) being crazy overpowered, and soon there will be a 'deathmatch only' battleground queue without other options according to @zos_Ginabruno. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586410/upcoming-changes-to-battleground-queues

Are the developers aware that testing deathmatch battlegrounds while battlegrounds are full of these sets almost exclusively will probably affect the results of the test?

Exactly.
  • Alarde
    Alarde
    ✭✭✭
    I play magcro since release and i refuse to use any of that crap. Just a cheap way to get a win. When you go into a deathmatch (because surprise, most of them only queue to that) is so cringe when you see a whole team of necros using it...

And it's obvious to the eye that they clearly don't know how to PvP at all. Tankness + healing + DC and they're set.

Either ZOS wants that to happen or they have no quality control at all when it comes to releasing a new set.
  • napoleonssb16_ESO
    Alarde wrote: »
    I play magcro since release and i refuse to use any of that crap. Just a cheap way to get a win. When you go into a deathmatch (because surprise, most of them only queue to that) is so cringe when you see a whole team of necros using it...

And it's obvious to the eye that they clearly don't know how to PvP at all. Tankness + healing + DC and they're set.

Either ZOS wants that to happen or they have no quality control at all when it comes to releasing a new set.

That is exactly the argument of the post.
    Edited by napoleonssb16_ESO on September 17, 2021 8:35PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, just wanted to give a quick update around Dark Convergence. We've heard your feedback and will have some changes in Monday's PTS patch notes around this set. Keep an eye out for that.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

any news on 49000 day debuffs, Position desync after knockbacks / ups and slow walking bugs across whole groups during combat?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC should explode after 3 uses and your character is left naked...and afraid....
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, just wanted to give a quick update around Dark Convergence. We've heard your feedback and will have some changes in Monday's PTS patch notes around this set. Keep an eye out for that.

Thank you!!!
    PC NA
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    Game is not fun. The new set have ruined it. Every two sec you are getting pull in by Dark C.. this all sucks..
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sagetim wrote: »
    Game is not fun. The new set have ruined it. Every two sec you are getting pull in by Dark C.. this all sucks..

I loved that templar got some love and other stuff. I was excited with proc scaling and after playing it was nice seeing not everyone run Crimson set. I felt for a while that ESO pvp as a templar was really fun.

THEN.... These stupid sets came, it's not that I die to them but like you said... You are being pulled all over the ground. PVP has become a ping pong party
  • napoleonssb16_ESO
    As predicted the BGs are full of DC-no-skill players waiting to stack it to the rest. And the new changes wont fix the problem. Somehow they pretend they don't know their game. DC with crit + snare + pull + Ult, pvp to laugh with.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they stack, drop ground effects to pull everyone in and then unload on them. I've only been playing since Summerset but this is without a doubt the worst state of PVP that I have ever seen. I am so sick and tired of this set breaking up the flow of combat and making it impossible to do anything because it's always yanking me out of position.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on September 24, 2021 4:54AM
  • vms11934
    vms11934
    ✭✭✭
    As predicted the BGs are full of DC-no-skill players waiting to stack it to the rest. And the new changes wont fix the problem. Somehow they pretend they don't know their game. DC with crit + snare + pull + Ult, pvp to laugh with.

DC will not be able to crit.
    Yes, they stack, drop ground effects to pull everyone in and then unload on them. I've only been playing since Summerset but this is without a doubt the worst state of PVP that I have ever seen. I am so sick and tired of this set breaking up the flow of combat and making it impossible to do anything because it's always yanking me out of position.

One pull instead of two and shorter range will help

Still will be a potent set if it nabs at least four people (6 I think to keep the damage the same as it is now) but it will be easier to avoid and will deal a lot less damage to a single target.
  • napoleonssb16_ESO
    vms11934 wrote: »

One pull instead of two and shorter range will help

Still will be a potent set if it nabs at least four people (6 I think to keep the damage the same as it is now) but it will be easier to avoid and will deal a lot less damage to a single target.

Yes it won't crit. Still is the infinite size pull and snare and regarding the damage:

"Reduced this set's damage by approximately 59% but increased the scaling per target to 50%"

So, the damage is ((100 -59)% + 50%) + 50% ~ 93% of the current damage for 3 players in the radius of 10m /3m, etc for n players. Do you really think the issue is with the gankers with DC chasing solo players...? It is 20m diameter. The damage is vs groups.
    Edited by napoleonssb16_ESO on September 24, 2021 10:25PM
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

Well with Update 32, they said that set procs will crit again. Did they explicitly state DC won't?
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 25, 2021 3:02AM
  • The_Graeh
    The_Graeh
    Soul Shriven
    I dislike Dark Convergence so much. It makes me hate playing PvP in elder scrolls. One set should not be responsible for so much grief @ZOS_GinaBruno