The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ideas about Buff the old proc set?

Rakdos
Rakdos
✭✭
Proc set by itself is a good thing in my opinion. It's noob friendly and laggy friendly. It helps encourage new players join the PVP and provide the diversity of the choises. the only problem is the brust damage and trigger condition.

I agree the burst damage from the proc set is a bit too much during the proc meta, but right now every proc set can only do 30-40% of the original tooltip damage which makes them completely useless.

I have two ideas to buff the proc set so they can still be useable but not op:

1. make the proc set only do the oblivion damage. In this case, the base damage can be low, but it will still provide some pressure since it bypass all resistance.
2. or maintaining the low base damage but make the proc set able to crit again. so some build with the extra crit damage could actually benefit from the proc set again.

as for the burst damage, the problem occued when players line up 2 or 3 proc set together with a single skill. So instead of adjusting the trigger condition for every single proc set, the solution could be divide the damage into few parts over certain period of time, (for example: Unfathomable darkness). As a result, the time window for player to counter the proc set is bigger and the damage from the proc set is more predictable.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The way ZoS operates, they always take everything to the extreme when changing things. Whether it be extreme buff or nerf. It always is an extreme update, never any moderate approach to anything

Oh? Is your oblivion procs(sload's) dealing too much damage? Let's implement a cap to oblivion damage as a whole and make it completely useless in PVP because of one item set
    Oh? Is crit dealing too much damage? Let's incrementally nerf critical for over two years until crit rates go as low as 11% without the use of crit gear/potions
    Oh? Are procs taking over the pvp scene for two years? Let's just get rid of them and then bring them back with a so-called "nerf" which is not a nerf instead of just putting a cap on outgoing procs as a whole
    Oh? I see lots of people asking for a deathmatch queue back. Let's turn battlegrounds into deathmatch: The Game, while we continue to neglect bg's and never do any other updates ever.

If they were to allow procs to deal oblivion damage, they'd lift the restriction on oblivion damage and deal like 300% more damage per target and if they allowed procs to crit I assure you, they'd do something like allow the crits to do double your base crit value ending up with 100% crit modifier on base on top of what you get from buff modifiers.
    I cannot see this idea ever being done correctly by ZoS.

BTW, ZoS if you see this, please know I'm joking. Don't actually do any of this
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    No. The way ZoS operates, they always take everything to the extreme when changing things. Whether it be extreme buff or nerf. It always is an extreme update, never any moderate approach to anything

Oh? Is your oblivion procs(sload's) dealing too much damage? Let's implement a cap to oblivion damage as a whole and make it completely useless in PVP because of one item set
    Oh? Is crit dealing too much damage? Let's incrementally nerf critical for over two years until crit rates go as low as 11% without the use of crit gear/potions
    Oh? Are procs taking over the pvp scene for two years? Let's just get rid of them and then bring them back with a so-called "nerf" which is not a nerf instead of just putting a cap on outgoing procs as a whole
    Oh? I see lots of people asking for a deathmatch queue back. Let's turn battlegrounds into deathmatch: The Game, while we continue to neglect bg's and never do any other updates ever.

If they were to allow procs to deal oblivion damage, they'd lift the restriction on oblivion damage and deal like 300% more damage per target and if they allowed procs to crit I assure you, they'd do something like allow the crits to do double your base crit value ending up with 100% crit modifier on base on top of what you get from buff modifiers.
    I cannot see this idea ever being done correctly by ZoS.

BTW, ZoS if you see this, please know I'm joking. Don't actually do any of this

LOL they actually listened!

now we have the critable proc set again

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586611/update-32-combat-preview/p1
    Options