The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Arenas

SalamanNZ
SalamanNZ
✭✭✭
I know this has been talked before. But ZOS needs to bring more PVP options to the table. Currently the options are getting stale. Most of the time Cyrodiil has too much lag to make it fun. BGs are good but there needs to be more modes introduced. Duels are good but PVP Arenas are great for getting guild vs guild. 2v2. 3v3 and 5v5. I'm sure people will hate this idea. But I think it would be great
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone suggested in a different thread that ESO may not have the PvP population to make doing significant work worthwhile. That comment may apply here.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An arena for group duels would be great or at least the option to do it in housing instead of having to do it in cyro or ic dealing with trolls.

As far as bg’s go though if anything I’d say less modes or at least the ability for a dm que since being forced to play modes people don’t want to play has reduced the population.

Unfortunately the lack of attention to the performance issues has severely reduced the pvp population so adding too many options would just split the community up even further. If they did fix performance I think the community would start growing again, but until that happens the population is going to keep decreasing no matter what they add.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    An arena for group duels would be great or at least the option to do it in housing instead of having to do it in cyro or ic dealing with trolls.

As far as bg’s go though if anything I’d say less modes or at least the ability for a dm que since being forced to play modes people don’t want to play has reduced the population.

Unfortunately the lack of attention to the performance issues has severely reduced the pvp population so adding too many options would just split the community up even further. If they did fix performance I think the community would start growing again, but until that happens the population is going to keep decreasing no matter what they add.

I think they recently made available again the house that permits PvP. I cannot recall the name but there was a series of weeks they offered previous homes.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

I think they recently made available again the house that permits PvP. I cannot recall the name but there was a series of weeks they offered previous homes.

This house does not enable PvP any more than any other house. It's just a house with some traps that can kill players.

I've been sending feedback for ages about house-wide fights with configurable teams and spawn locations but I don't seriously ever expect it to happen.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could start with ranked 1v1 duel arenas and go from there.
    PC NA
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's Battlegrounds which is likely as close as you'll ever get to PvP arena battles in ESO.
  • davelbier
    davelbier
    Amottica wrote: »
    Someone suggested in a different thread that ESO may not have the PvP population to make doing significant work worthwhile. That comment may apply here.

feels like the case. I only like PVP in niche situations, and then i love it -- and i hate grinding most of the other pve parts of the game now. so i drop into cyro, and if performance and population are good i will hang around for a couple hours.

if not -- i just log out. dungeons? fake tanks and healers are a drag even in normal; vet HM feels like work instead of fun. trials take way too long to set up.

i have weird hours, however. more like early on the weekend EST hours, or mid afternoon EST hours. scheduling with guildies is hard for me, and still takes time when i just want to drop in and play. ive been eye balling some action RPGs to take over from ESO. i have a soft spot for ESO, but huge change every 6 months suck -- not just new content, but big overhauls.

IC is meh, cyro performance is often garbage, and BGs are not my cup of tea. its a shame, when i get just the right circumstances in cyro i absolutely love the game and dont want to stop playing...but it is hard to happen upon cyro when that works out. and honestly, i dont want to play win emperor, take the scrolls, capture the keeps. i would be 100% happy with a 3 keep mini cyro -- get me a good brawl that goes back and forth around the ales bridge and i am a happy camper, i dont care what else happens in the campaign.