Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG are about to get AWESOME!!!

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make the maps bigger then.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Even if some people will find this cool, They should do a DM queue only AND a classic one, because things like crazy kings and relics are fun tbh
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh... okay. Well then.
    Bye for now, BGs. Let's meet again once CTF is back.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Darian_Rath
    Darian_Rath
    ✭✭✭
    Oh boy! Now BGs are just Cyrodiil-light.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PREDICTION: after about 2 weeks same 20 dudes playing against each other with unkillable meta builds over and over will get bored. Especially since all the objective players won't be there to be targeted. BGs will DIE. Actually it is already dead and this is just a last ditch effort to make some very loud whiners happy for a short time (just like no-proc cyro).
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, neat. Yeah, I prefer death match to the actual games. Like a good field fight in cyrodiil
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next steps in pendulum methodology.

Introduces sets not correctly tested prior to releasing that cause chaos.

Listens to simple requests to have separate battlegrounds queue that would pretty much have no bearing on folks that still just random queue.

Reduces all battlegrounds to one mode and pits 8-12 people wearing said sets against each other in a small space.

(I say 8-12 instead of just 12 cuz I gotta give credit to some of the standouts, but we all know most people are going to be using them soon..)

Eats hot pocket.
  • Emperor_ManBearPig
    I like the change, but know it will just end up turning into a sweat fest. It would be nice if they could add some new form of PVP battlegrounds instead of the 4v4v4. 8x8 or 12v12 would be amazing.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get your premades ready.

ZXEfYbk.png
    PC NA
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool I was just starting to do bg s again and prefer death match.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incoming tank meta in BGs...

Oh wait...
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is AMAZING. Superhyped for this change! I can....continue to treat all modes like DM, and it will actually de deathmatch.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    With this change some players are return but many will leave ,they calculate if this change is good for game by numbers and games will be harder because many weaker players are play mostly for objective games and they leave with this change.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 0 progress on my bg achievements for a while. Great.
    Oh.. nvm. I'm not playing anyways until they fixed or removed the new OP sets.
    PS | EU
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    will be awesome can´t wait :)
    Ps4 / Eu
  • Lamor4
    Lamor4
    Soul Shriven
    I don`t get it, what is the problem with letting people choose?

Just add the options to the players, let them choose if they want to do a random match/death match/capture de relic and so on

That being solo or with a premade group
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bgs will be a [snip] with the most boring and banal mode,and the same premades fighting against each other with the new sets.
    Instead of giving more options they choose to remove even achievement relevant modes for some time...
    Step into the wrong direction if you ask me.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on September 15, 2021 9:48PM
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cant force someone to fight if they don't want this change will show how much people play deathmatch and how many hate it , and we see what they make next maybe choose modes will return.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    You cant force someone to fight if they don't want.

It's literally named Player Versus Player no reason to queue if you don't want to fight.
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    You cant force someone to fight if they don't want.

It's literally named Player Versus Player no reason to queue if you don't want to fight.

Yea, PvP, and PK matters!
    Ps4 / Eu
  • CharlieFreak
    CharlieFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    Meh. Even if some people will find this cool, They should do a DM queue only AND a classic one, because things like crazy kings and relics are fun tbh

Yeah I agree. Always liked fighting for a reason. Having some objective to take/hold. I mean I'm disappointed, but if if the majority of players prefer deathmatch only - I just hope they'll add a separate queue for non-deathmatch in the future.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been noticing a lot of unfamiliar names in BGs, and queues are popping briskly.

This appears to validate ZoS's hypothesis that DM-only may draw in more players. It sure looks that way, and others in our PVP guild Adastra have noted the same.

Good on ZoS for trying this out!
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the qs are shorter now and i am seeing a lot of new names. having a blast these days!
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When performance hasn't been bad, I've been enjoying this, too!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the qs are shorter now and i am seeing a lot of new names. having a blast these days!

Well, not on Xbox NA. The Qs are longer. Before the change, I was getting an average of less than a minute to be matched with other players on prime time. Now, It takes 5 to 10 minutes 😢.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unsubbed for a couple months and wasn't playing. But before that I was playing BGs all the time. My average matchmaking was probably around 5 minutes on Xbox NA solo queue. I've started playing a bit again now that we can play Deathmatch, and in my experience, the queue time is about the same.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

Well, not on Xbox NA. The Qs are longer. Before the change, I was getting an average of less than a minute to be matched with other players on prime time. Now, It takes 5 to 10 minutes 😢.

Also more quickly becomes the same few players in each match.

At times the que does seem quicker but I attribute that to most death matches not lasting as long as other game types.