Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many house guests can you have per house? Sigh...

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I picked up the new houseguest last night only to discover there is a limit to how many special items you can have per house. Kinda new at the housing stuff. Tried a google search and no luck. Anyone know exactly how many you can have? I got rid of my thief for now but it does suck.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @Veinblood1965. The special items limit changes depending on the type of house you have.

Here is a link with a breakdown for the houses and their special item limits.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up the new houseguest last night only to discover there is a limit to how many special items you can have per house. Kinda new at the housing stuff. Tried a google search and no luck. Anyone know exactly how many you can have? I got rid of my thief for now but it does suck.

Pets and mounts are special furnishings. I thinned the "herd" to make room for another houseguest.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi @Veinblood1965. The special items limit changes depending on the type of house you have.

Here is a link with a breakdown for the houses and their special item limits.

Thank you. It's the Stone Eagle Aerie. If I am reading that correctly it's limited to 10 special furnishings. I'm sure all mine are house guests.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭

Pets and mounts are special furnishings. I thinned the "herd" to make room for another houseguest.

It's a shame we have to do that. I have 10 houseguests so there's no room for mounts and pets or other houseguests.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on September 16, 2021 11:28AM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this limit has to be removed - or at least doubled. Soon nobody wants to buy houseguests anymore if you have to distribute them over different houses.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Yes, this limit has to be removed - or at least doubled. Soon nobody wants to buy houseguests anymore if you have to distribute them over different houses.

That's where I am at, no reason to buy any more. We do need a bard though I'd spring for that.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on September 16, 2021 12:43PM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had to remove a pet to make room for Bastien at my Psijic Villa. Sorry, dusky fennec fox! :(
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I'll add an agree.

I generally have my 1 house i use as my home/base rather than decorating multiples, so i like having my favorites/needed out to enjoy. My horse, dog, merchant, banker, stolen good vendor and half my slots are filled already.

I had Daggerfall since housing launch and only just got Pantherfang, those are my main houses (not including inns and free stuff). With house-guests and now companions I've had to cut down as well, leaving out my pooch, no "flavor" mini-pets to liven up the house, just to fit in the few house-guests and 1 companion i have so far.

Other house-guests i might have enjoyed (like the recent Maiq) i passed on buying because i couldn't fit them anywhere without losing someone else.

I don't know why training dummies don't count to this limit, I've seen houses with a dozen skeletons and a dozen Precursor standing in formations with numerous others dummies all around. The Bust of Abner Tharn is interactable and talks but (and i could be wrong) i don't think that counts?

Maybe an option for a "non-pathing static" version of house-guest/mounts/pets/whatever to allow more, most people just stick mounts in a stable anyway and pets on shelves or beds, guards at doors, merchants behind counters, etc.