The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Farming training gear under 50 Dark Convergence & Hrothgar ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
So would it be worth it to farm these sets having multiple levels in all trainings to level other characters ?

I would think so but - I'm afraid it will be nerfed if I put the effort in. " Thoughts " ?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's definitely going to be nerfed hard.

Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But soon. And for the rest of our lives.
    PC NA
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most pieces are becoming dirt cheap on the guild stores, and you can easily get a load in under 50 battlegrounds whilst levelling your magicka det to go with DC. Once you've got a reasonable amount of it then you can pull it out in any level with transmute crystals just by letting the new toons learn training traits for the pieces they need.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe worth it and that would depend on how the sets get nerfed.

What do you like the most about the sets for leveling? The large aoe pull could be the best part for leveling characters. It might get adjusted since there are growing reports of being pulled from unexpected places and distances.

Collecting sets for the sticker book to reduce transmutation costs and 'asap' trait training the new characters with the most wanted traits is a good route. (If transmutation stones tend to be plentiful in your account.)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collecting for a sticker book isn't the reason.

1) I hate grinding - reason why I only have 2 toons.

2) If I do want to grind it has to be the most efficient way possible to do everything in the least amount of time possible including all skills lines.

3) CP - Grinding something tells me getting to a higher number over 2k will be necessary next year. I'm a little over 1k but I really don't want to be hindered if things start going faster.

4) If spots are nerfed then VBRP would be the only better option for grinding solo.

5) If I can gold out level 10 - 22 - 38 levels then it would give me an incentive to want to grind things out more. But if it's nerfed in a month or 3 months it be a waste of time. And all that work was for nothing.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've got the right skill combos you can do over 200K dps on big pulls of trash with it without anything fancy. There were a few people running it in spellscar and one of us had to change to a different one of the three spellscar areas as we were having to wait for the mobs to respawn.

In Skyreach it's totally mad - especially with the nedic chest. So if you want to grind CP yes it works - combine it with AoE and it's ludicriously effective. Solo you can proc it with various ground debuffs so you get the DPS way up. For stamina add the titanic cleave 2H as well.

There are other grind builds that have been around far longer though and not been nerfed. They aren't quite as ludicrous but an exploding wall/polar wind one bar warden in MS and Mad Tinkerer is pretty effective and you can grind CP without having to bar swap or pay attention even.
    Too many toons not enough time