Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

<PS5> Performance mode stuttering. From Perfect to Messy

SgtSilock
SgtSilock
✭✭✭✭
Since bringing out update 31 with dynamic resolution, I am getting massive stuttering and FPS drops for a second or two when entering cities, exiting crafting stations and visiting busy areas. Before this, it was a perfect 60, solid as a rock and smooth as butter, now it's incredibly messy.

I think you was too ambitious on the PS5 as I don't believe it's as powerful as the series x, could you please scale back the dynamic resolution so that it hits a solid 60fps 24/7?

Thanks.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t gotten to try the new update yet but this is how I thought it‘d turn out. There are Fidelity and Performance modes for a reason.

ZOS, if you would like to experiment with dynamic resolution scaling, create a third mode called “Dynamic”.

Please give us something like this:

• Max Performance: Turns off grass, shadows, medium/lowest res textures, etc. Capped at 60FPS.
    • Performance: Same as in Blackwood.
    • Dynamic: ZOS experiment which is now the “Performance” mode as of the Waking Flame patch.
    • Fidelity: Same as in Blackwood.

HDR was improved so hopefully they fix these performance settings as well. I mean.... this has a large effect on the gameplay lol.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 8, 2021 4:34PM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Dynamic Resolution was only for PC, not console?
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add that the problem is getting worst. I ran a dungeon through activity finder and it was perfectly fine, however when I entered the public dungeon silent hall, I was getting so many FPS drops to the point where I had to leave the area as it was really frustrating, whether I was walking through it, or killing monsters the drops were drastic. I don't know how this has happened, the game was perfect and didn't need to be touched, now with this update I can't really enjoy it anymore. Performance mode was literally the reason I spent the £60 and bought this collection and signed up for ESO, and I was not disappointed, until todays update dropped.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SgtSilock wrote: »
    I don't know how this has happened, the game was perfect and didn't need to be touched, now with this update I can't really enjoy it anymore.

Feels like it's a pattern, whenever we get a good patch the following patch breaks the game one way or another. :/

PS | EU
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    SgtSilock wrote: »
    I don't know how this has happened, the game was perfect and didn't need to be touched, now with this update I can't really enjoy it anymore.

Feels like it's a pattern, whenever we get a good patch the following patch breaks the game one way or another. :/

In this instance it's because they messed around trying to get performance mode to run in 4K, without realising those running performance mode don't care about 4K we just want the rock solid frame rate.

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for noting this, @SgtSilock. The dev team is aware and investigating this. We'll follow up when we have more information.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for noting this, @SgtSilock. The dev team is aware and investigating this. We'll follow up when we have more information.

This is music to my ears, hopefully the problem won't be around for long : )

Thanks for taking seriously, god bless.
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had stuttering issues since the update on PS5. Before the update on performance mode it would stutter by the writ turn ins in summerset and I played on Fidelity mode until this update. Now on Performance I have no lag or stutter
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Thanks Kevin. Performance mode as also perfect for me prior and now is quite messy and juttery post patch. Hope to hear more soon. :)
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance mode is now also running the PS5 hotter then before the patch.

I just happen to have a digital clock with temperature meter close to the PS5, which is how I noticed that since the patch it constantly runs 5 degrees hotter then before the patch.