Battlefield Nightmare Senche bug

mzprx
mzprx
✭✭✭✭✭
dear ZOS,

you "broke" the Battlefield Nightmare Senche. instead of being all dark and matt it now "glows".

5gn6ecrgy5yo.jpg

asjmjbobmq6g.jpg

edit: night time screenshot

zysim0jdzf33.jpg

one side even glows more than the other, regardless of whether it (the mount) stands in sunlight (or any light source) or not. it's been 2 maintenances since you did this, so i suggest you fix it. pronto. i bought the Blackwood Collector's Edition only because of that mount. and it wasn't cheap. thank you..
Edited by mzprx on September 7, 2021 5:06PM
  • HooliganBlue
    HooliganBlue
    Soul Shriven
    THANK. YOU. FOR. THIS. I thought it was just me at first. I noticed this issue right after the Year One Celebration update (I'm on PC). I happened to have a screenshot I took of that mount shortly before the Year One Celebration, so here's a comparison. No other settings are different between these two photos, other than a slight hue change because I started tinkering with settings before I thought to take the "after" pic.

I posted about the issue in two ESO FB groups and over twenty people on PC reported encountered the same issue, so it's definitely not isolated. Also of note: I experienced the issue on all 3 of my gaming computers, which means that it's not a setting on my end, because reshade and game settings are all localized. It also can't be a GPU issue, because all three of my rigs have different cards.

I'm super pissed because I don't usually spend real life $$ on games and I liked this mount so much that I splurged and dropped $50 on the special edition JUST for it, and now it's broken. :(

aulfjsxuqmcb.jpg

s56e2bru7lkg.jpg
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's like my Hollowjack wolf audio change. With no rhyme or reason, they changed the character vocals a few years ago when sprinting. It went from a deep, sinister laugh, with completely different vocalisations for male and female, to just a generic, detuned, Freddy Krueger laugh for both. There was no mention of it in any notes. They just like tweaking things that they think people won't notice. I wish I had an audio clip of the older laughs. They were way better.
  • SkoomaCatnip
    SkoomaCatnip
    Soul Shriven
    It's like my Hollowjack wolf audio change. With no rhyme or reason, they changed the character vocals a few years ago when sprinting. It went from a deep, sinister laugh, with completely different vocalisations for male and female, to just a generic, detuned, Freddy Krueger laugh for both. There was no mention of it in any notes. They just like tweaking things that they think people won't notice. I wish I had an audio clip of the older laughs. They were way better.

i don't think this is a "change". Looks like khajiit stole senche texture and left to us only early model from pts :D

And yeah, same problem.
  • HooliganBlue
    HooliganBlue
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah it's def less a change and more an error. As OP said, one side of the mount glows weird now and the other side is in shadow, no matter what direction you're facing or whether you're in a brightly lit area. It looks glitched and wrong. I sent a support ticket (have yet to hear back) and encourage others to do the same! Feel free to grab my before/after shots if you don't have your own.
  • darkwraight
    Yep same bug here on xbox.
  • HooliganBlue
    HooliganBlue
    Soul Shriven
    Update: Welp, finally heard back from ZOS. Here's the entirety of their reply:
    We are happy to assist you! We need you to remove the mount and repair the game files. Let us know if you need anything else!

[snip] does that even mean? Can they be any LESS helpful? There are no instructions included as to how to repair game files, or if I'm going to get my mount back if I delete it, or whether I'm going to get refunded (all questions that I specifically asked). Would repairing game files even do anything anyway, unless they pushed out an update to the mount?

Ugh.
    [edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 14, 2021 12:42PM
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Welp, finally heard back from ZOS. Here's the entirety of their reply:
    We are happy to assist you! We need you to remove the mount and repair the game files. Let us know if you need anything else!

[snip] does that even mean? Can they be any LESS helpful? There are no instructions included as to how to repair game files, or if I'm going to get my mount back if I delete it, or whether I'm going to get refunded (all questions that I specifically asked). Would repairing game files even do anything anyway, unless they pushed out an update to the mount?

Ugh.
    [edited for profanity bypass]

what they meant is (probably) selecting another mount as active and then repair the game files via the launcher. sounds weird, because this happened right after a patch, so it's their doing, not your game files'. will try to do that when i come back from work today, will post results..
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, after selecting another mount on several characters and repairing the game i can conclude that they (ZOS support) didn't mean what i thought they meant. the bug is still there -

77nh6kf46a4j.jpg

this is at night away from any light sources and it still glows. so another maintenance went by without fixing this. i will ask for my money back if they won't fix it in the next one (maintenance)..