Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Why is it ok to exploit a bug in PVP over and over for 3 months but in PVE the servers are shut down

Redguards_Revenge
Redguards_Revenge
✭✭✭✭
Why is there a double standard?

I will bring up the argument that broken sets combinations are just as bad as exploiting bosses in PVE.

I haven't been playing for a week, but let me ask you something. Hrothgar was broken and bugged the week before. Has that been fixed? There is NO WAY a set should be taking 20k+ damage on a person single tick. Are you still letting people exploit a bug in a competition?

If this were pve, they would have shut down the servers for emergency maintenance. This only shows me that in the grand scheme of things, in ESO, pvp isn't important. It's no wonder why influences who joined on from another MMO are trying to shift PVP from competition into a point and click game where sets do all the work for the player. They are making the base mechanics useless and making sets above all.

Dark Convergence? Really? You know roll dodge, block and break free? You can toss that out the window.

More and more of these sets are becoming AOE based tossing those 3 mechanics at the top to being useless.

Ball groups only exist because broken sets were given to them. To fight the broken sets more broken sets are added.

This solution sounds like what Cyberpunk did to try to fix their bugs that led to their spaghetti code and their game/Engine NEVER being fixed.

Balancing broken sets with more broken sets. You know this isn't the solution.

No maint sep 13? Let me log in and see that broken set still firing. We'll know what's up with the game.
Edited by Redguards_Revenge on September 12, 2021 11:38AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An imbalanced set is not a broken set in that sense of the term
    Options
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes, yes

BUT
    Ball groups only exist because broken sets were given to them. To fight the broken sets more broken sets are added.

thats not true, we use them yes, but not for the dmg just for the pull. We would deffnetly function with or without them. We Dont die to that set but its hell anyoing.

i like the base mechanic of that set, but it needs to be dodgeable, and the dmg needs to be nerfed. Maybe even the range.
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Einstein_ wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes, yes

BUT

thats not true, we use them yes, but not for the dmg just for the pull. We would deffnetly function with or without them. We Dont die to that set but its hell anyoing.

i like the base mechanic of that set, but it needs to be dodgeable, and the dmg needs to be nerfed. Maybe even the range.

Purge needs a ramping effect.
    Templar purge needs a ramping effect.
    Warden purge needs a 1% increase in all ability cost per cleanse up to 10%.
    Necro purge ramping effect.

If break free, roll dodge and block have ramping effects purge should have as well.

Options
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general the Sets are way overtuned and making performance worse. While I do think they were trying to solve many problems at once with these sets they just made things worse. Dark Convergence and Hrothgar are especially broken.

I wish their idea of adding new pvp content expanded beyond changing the pvp set meta. We haven't had a new system in cyrodiil for long time and performance has only deteriorated.
    Options
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes, yes

BUT

If break free, roll dodge and block have ramping effects purge should have as well.

Makes no difference to ball groups, it will just nerf solo players and small scale groups.
    PS | EU
    Options
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes, yes

BUT

Yeah, only roll dodge has a ramping effect. Break Free and block do not.
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this were pve, they would have shut down the servers for emergency maintenance.

Nope - in fact it's only fixed in PvP. They fixed PvP by introducing the noCP noproc campaigns.

PvE dark convergence is still completely broken, with people pulling 150K plus dps on trash pulls without any skill requirement, and 200K plus if they do know what they are doing.

Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    lols
    unknown.png
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Options
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    lols
    unknown.png

Notice how the guy furthest away took the most damage. Hrothgar hit? Or is that a DC orb at the feet of Mr. 4966?
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there a double standard?

I will bring up the argument that broken sets combinations are just as bad as exploiting bosses in PVE.

I haven't been playing for a week, but let me ask you something. Hrothgar was broken and bugged the week before. Has that been fixed? There is NO WAY a set should be taking 20k+ damage on a person single tick. Are you still letting people exploit a bug in a competition?

If this were pve, they would have shut down the servers for emergency maintenance. This only shows me that in the grand scheme of things, in ESO, pvp isn't important. It's no wonder why influences who joined on from another MMO are trying to shift PVP from competition into a point and click game where sets do all the work for the player. They are making the base mechanics useless and making sets above all.

Dark Convergence? Really? You know roll dodge, block and break free? You can toss that out the window.

More and more of these sets are becoming AOE based tossing those 3 mechanics at the top to being useless.

This solution sounds like what Cyberpunk did to try to fix their bugs that led to their spaghetti code and their game/Engine NEVER being fixed.

Balancing broken sets with more broken sets. You know this isn't the solution.

No maint sep 13? Let me log in and see that broken set still firing. We'll know what's up with the game.

Dark convergence isn't even a nuisance, you can literally just block and move out into the middle of the circle to avoid damage.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes, yes

BUT

The set does not need any nerf what so ever, it's such an easy set to not die from. I think people just like to seriously complain too much, if you know how to play and react beforehand you won't always die.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    amir412 wrote: »
    lols
    unknown.png

Notice how the guy furthest away took the most damage. Hrothgar hit? Or is that a DC orb at the feet of Mr. 4966?

Was that guy who was furthest away fully buffed up? What was his resistances? Or his critical? What armor weight was that person in?
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes, yes

BUT

Yeah, only roll dodge has a ramping effect. Break Free and block do not.

Well damn, now I can commit to heavy. I thought they were ramping effects.
    Options
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

The set does not need any nerf what so ever, it's such an easy set to not die from. I think people just like to seriously complain too much, if you know how to play and react beforehand you won't always die.

I think the majority of complaints in game are currently related to the pull. Pulling through walls, floors, doors, and other objects or obstacles and in some cases getting stuck in them.

Has happened to me and people I was grouped with on multiple occasions now.
    Options
  • bbrown0770
    bbrown0770
    ✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    regime211 wrote: »

I think the majority of complaints in game are currently related to the pull. Pulling through walls, floors, doors, and other objects or obstacles and in some cases getting stuck in them.

Has happened to me and people I was grouped with on multiple occasions now.

This the set is broken it pulls you through walls
    GT: Sir Ben 0770
    DC NA XBOX
    Options
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes, yes

BUT

Makes no difference to ball groups, it will just nerf solo players and small scale groups.

This. From what I understand, ball groups adapted with no problem to the introduction of Plaguebreak, a set designed to punish cleansing. The problem isn't the existence of cleansing abilities. It's that heal over time effects can be stacked in PVP so that groups with enough dedicated healers can effectively negate most of the incoming damage. This has ben pointed out plenty of times before by plenty of players, but ZOS has yet to tackle the issue. And it's not a hard issue to tackle, just don't allow multiple sources of a HoT to be active on a player at a time (eg. more than one source of Radiating Regen).

(For clarification, organized groups in general will have, and should have, an advantage over disorganized groups in PVP. But there are ways to limit those advantages so they can still be countered through skillful play.)
    Edited by ealdwin on September 13, 2021 3:52PM
    Options