The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is POWER and other stuff?

Hanibals
Hanibals
In game we can see a lot of enchants with spell damage increase, weapon damage increase, magicka restore and more, and more, but, question is what is doing POWER? Like glyph - increase POWER by 9 -. So, what increase POWER?

Second question.
How many gives Mundus Stones? For me is interesting, how big are crit chance increasing from mundus stone Thief? (somewhere I heard about 2%)
www.livonians.lv
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power = physical damage like Bow and Melee weapons. So if you have a Bow with 80 damage, and you place a ring on with 5 Power, you now have a Bow that does 85 damage.

As far as what me and several Guild members have tested, Mundus Stones are a flat 5%. Divines trait will increase this so if you want more, craft gear with Divines.
  • Hanibals
    Hanibals
    hmmm, then why we can use weapon damage increasing glyphs and power glyphs, so they are same? I dont think so.
    www.livonians.lv
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are the same thing, just worded differently most likely due to the Glyph that's created. It should be noted that Staves also scale off of Stamina, I.E. "Power" for both Light and Heavy attack. There is a difference between Power/Weapon Damage and Spell Damage ofc.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    From what I have tested, Power is basic/heavy attacks, Weapon Damage is Weapon skills damage(Weapon Damage increasing all the skills for your weapon that use stamina), and Spell damage is Magicka Skill damage(Spell Damage increasing all the skills that use magicka).
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm 100% that the weapon enchant for damage (power) and the jewelry enchant for damage (weapon damage) do the exact same thing, increase your white damage (weapon damage). The difference is that the weapon Glyph is temporary and only active while in combat. Also it has been thoroughly tested that light/heavy attacks of Staves scale from Stamina as well as Bow, all melee weapons and any ability that is melee (even if the morph makes it ranged) and even if it uses Magicka, like most of NB class abilities. However, spell damage WILL increase any ability that costs Magicka to cast, even though it's base damage is derived from Stamina (if it's a melee ability). It's really kind of odd how ZoS did that but it is what it is.